996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just got out of the hospital...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 10:16 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
not until the politicians make and enforce strong laws to punish criminals who injure/kill people when they dwi, will non alcoholics be protected on our roads. the standard scenario is a person being injured or killed by a drunk on the road. the drunk then goes to court, with his family, priest, friends in tow, proclaiming that he is a good person who just made a mistake. the court system then treats him/her differently than someone else who injures or kills another human being, and gives them a ridiculously light sentance, or no punishment at all. until society treats these dwi criminals the same as other people who kill or injur people, we will be continously hurt by these drunks. society tends to treat these people differently then other criminals, like they shouldn't be held responsible for their crime. probably because many people drink. let our politicians act responsibly and send a message-if you kill or injur another human while you are under the influence and driving, you will be punished like every other criminal. not until then will we be protected. i am sorry that you were hurt. hope you get better soon.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
I'm glad you're ok and I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:07 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
My sincere wishes for your full recovery.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:14 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Keep a stiff upper lip through all the therapy.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:12 PM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Welcome back and I'm so glad you're OK. Drunk drivers......what can I say.......there's no excuse.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Wishing you a speedy recovery and my prayers are with you

Old 08-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Crash is infamous around these parts
Brandon, if that were MY GTO he totalled, I´d kill the guy. Spin, glad to hear you´re OK. It could´ve been much worse. I agree that the legal system in MOST countries is way too lenient towards drunk drivers. If a person drives drunk he/she has NO business behind a wheel of a vehicle - never again.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:24 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Glad you will be OK. Good luck through the therapy ... speedy recovery!

Old 08-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
hope you get well soon, and i hope that drunk driver gets the book thrown at him.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:03 AM
spinergym3 is infamous around these parts
First and foremost, thank you all for your warm wishes and support. This forum has nothing but great members. I mean that with sincerity and hope to meet some if not all in the near future.

To answer some of your questions...

1. The accident happened near my home in Atherton, Ca. I was driving through Alpine Road (off hwy. 280). It was late in the evening. All I can remember was an SUV hit my right front qtr. panel which caused my TT to spin then hit the guard rail several times (according to witnesses). The SUV hit the guard rail as well, so he was not able to drive off. Thank goodness for that....

2. The drunk driver went to jail and posted bail and now he is awaiting for his court hearing.

3. As I mentioned, no more convertibles for me. Once I am able to drive (get back on my two feet), aside from spending some time with my friends and family, I plan in taking my F355 Ferrari on a very long test drive, (I just want to remember the sound of a prancing horse), thereafter, I plan to take my friend "the monster" - E55 AMG to Las Vegas. "The Monster" is probably on the heavy side right now considering no one has taken her out for a long walk, so its time I get her back in her diet plan again.

4. Do I plan to buy another car? Yes, once I feel better and my fears are all gone, I will look into buying another Ferrari, most likely a 550 Maranello. I hate to announce this, but Im hoping the purchase of my 2nd Ferrari will be made by the idiot who caused the accident. No amount of cash in this world can replace the emotions and pain I am going through right now.

Drive safe everyone and dont take life for granted!

regards,

-SPIN

Old 08-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Ormond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the rough
I hope you are feeling better soon. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:43 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
My best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Life is indeed fragile. We all need to stop and recognize that anything can happen to any of us at any time.

Last edited by Sloth; 08-03-2004 at 01:45 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.