996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just got out of the hospital...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:46 AM
spinergym3 is infamous around these parts
Just got out of the hospital...

Hello everyone,

Its been awhile...

I totaled my 2004 TT conv. few months ago and suffered severe injuries. I got released from the hospital few days ago but will need physical therapy for long time.

I plan not to buy another TT conv. again, in fact, I plan not to buy "a convertible". As you all know majority of the conv. cars out there DO NOT have roll cage, which I personally ignore the safety factor of "what if?"

Anyway, an SUV (drunk driver) cut me off on the highway and my TT spun around and hit the guard rail at 80mph and almost flip (according to witnesses).

I do not have the pics from the police dept. yet as soon as get them from the authorities I will share with you guys.

Word of advise, for those who drive convertibles without rollcage, I recommend you have a rollcage installed. The police officers say, if the car had flipped, it would not have been a pretty sight.

Regards,

Old 08-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Wow...glad you are alive.

That is chilling....I always thought about the rollover risk in my 90 C4 Cab...

So sick....

Mark

Old 08-02-2004, 05:00 AM
Andrew708
I hope you feel better!!!! good luck

Old 08-02-2004, 05:38 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
woah... I hope you feel better... so what happens to that idiot drunk driver?

Old 08-02-2004, 05:40 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear you are ok, good luck with your recovery.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:11 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome back and have a speedy recovery

Old 08-02-2004, 06:15 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Wow, glad you're alive, and good luck with the rest of your recovery. Was the drunk driver who caused the accident caught or did he take off from the scene?

Old 08-02-2004, 06:37 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Wow. I'm very happy that you are alright. Good luck with the physical therapy and keep your head up. Always stay metally strong and keep the positive thoughts close by at all times.

I'm with you on the convertibles. After a little incident with my E46 M3 convertible, I vowed never again to own a convertible. It can be a very scary thing.

Take care.

T

Old 08-02-2004, 06:47 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Glad to hear your ok, where did this happen?

Old 08-02-2004, 07:50 AM
RKS
RKS is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you're o.k. Hope they throw the book at the drunk driver.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:21 AM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Glad to see you are back on the road to recovery and that no one else got injured. Good luck with p.t. and thanks for informing us of your experience.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
What are you gonna replace it with?

Old 08-02-2004, 08:25 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
Glad you're alive and recovering. Did you roll over at all? Do you think it would have made a significant difference if you were in a coupe versus a cab?

Old 08-02-2004, 08:42 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I'm glad you are alright, this is the most important part

Old 08-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear, Glad you're ok!
Just curious, How well do the factory roll bar's hold up in a roll over situation? Would the front window frame handle an impact?
It seems pretty feeble to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.