996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

dyno numbers for turbo s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Elliot, I saw 1.1-1.2 all the time. I even hit 1.3 when I first installed the turbos and had to back off the wastegates a bit to avoid throttle body shutdown at 1.3 bar...

Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The turbo S has the GT2 intercoolers and fuel pump. You are OK at 1.1bar. Run the highest octane you can get. I know guys who run 1.2 bar for years with no issues (X50)

Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turbohead
Great Mike I go to VT. this weekend. we should get EPL to do another Dyno Day when it cools off. By that time Greg's car will be scary fast!
Elliot
Sounds good. I was in VT on the 4th. I have a bike race at Lebanon Valley tomorrow. We'll have to put the heat on Tony for a Dyno day in the Fall, maybe a track rental too.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:44 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in let's all do this.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:26 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
I'm in let's all do this.
Maybe I'll meet you Thursday when you're at EPL? I am going to try to get my car into Fairfirld Porsche for service early in the week. Slave cylinder or accumulator on its way out.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:08 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
that could work

Old 07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
that could work

Cool. 3pm dropoff on Monday for TT. Should have it back in a day or 2...

Old 07-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I still need to confirm a time with tony.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I still need to confirm a time with tony.
No Problem. Keep me posted. PM me if you want...Are you going to have wastegates by then? Is that the purpose of Thursday appt?

Mike

Old 07-18-2008, 08:38 PM
sttjmk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robertp
The turbo S has the GT2 intercoolers and fuel pump. You are OK at 1.1bar. Run the highest octane you can get. I know guys who run 1.2 bar for years with no issues (X50)
After my flash, and before any other work, I saw 1.1 bar regularly and 1.2bar for a split second once in a while. Didn't requir any other mods. I think a k24 program should get you up to 1.1bar. Incidentally, the new torque and hp forced a clutch upgrade too. Slipped at full boost.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
You're joking, but you don't know how right you are. Wastegates will feel like you flashed the car all over again.

You should be good for 1.2 BAR all the time espcially since you have ready access to 93.

I cant wait! my car is such a slob right now.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:24 AM
sttjmk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ari
You're joking, but you don't know how right you are. Wastegates will feel like you flashed the car all over again.

You should be good for 1.2 BAR all the time espcially since you have ready access to 93.
When this topic comes up, I get the feeling that I am letting myself down. Anyone out there ever do the math to compare the bang for the buck on upgraded wastegates, vs hybrid turbos? (I need to think about upgrading the fuel system if I go with hybrids, right?)

Has anyone ever gone through the progression -- flash, wastegates, then hybrids -- step by step to give us an impression of the change in performance?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
966tt650 is infamous around these parts
Hey that's my X-50 on the dyno

Originally Posted by robertp
It is an X50 996 (see picture). The 05 Turbo S has PCCB's and produces a little higher HP numbers, but not much.
Just so my empty wallet feels completely justified and not quite so painful--my car's dyno readings no longer look anything like sheet #2 or sheet #1 due to modifications beyond flash and exhaust. Good luck with the Turbo S Fastlane--sounds like a beautiful car. Thank you. jaj

Last edited by 966tt650; 07-19-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:24 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sttjmk
When this topic comes up, I get the feeling that I am letting myself down. Anyone out there ever do the math to compare the bang for the buck on upgraded wastegates, vs hybrid turbos? (I need to think about upgrading the fuel system if I go with hybrids, right?)

Has anyone ever gone through the progression -- flash, wastegates, then hybrids -- step by step to give us an impression of the change in performance?

Thanks
All you need is the flash and tighten up the wast gates. Nothing else. You have everything else.