996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I know it isn't a GT2....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Wow, incredible car. You are also going after Tommy Bahn who has 2 cars making over 1350 w/out spray.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
wow!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
and yes, I'd probably rather own another GT2, but for those of you who appreciate well built Supras, you'll enjoy this video:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...nce_172312.htm

I went out to Milan, MI tonight with a last minute invite to a track rental. We only got one pass in as somehow our electric fan exploded right around the 60 ft mark and the blades got sucked into the turbo tearing apart the wheel around the 1000 ft mark. (If you look closely you can see part of it flying out from the driver's side). Bad luck I guess. We also are still having shifter cable problems as the TH400 skipped 2nd and went directly into 3rd. But once I recruit a better crew to get me into the groove........and get a full pass using all three gears without needing to lift, this car has a 7 written all over it. And we're still running low boost (well relative to the mightly 2JZ).

And it's still a street car (barely) as I occassionally drive it around town to terrorize traffic.....
wow... little did i know, you are Jamie Carter... is there gonna be a rematch of you and Jon P's steelcity supra

Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Crazy as hell!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:18 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Wow, incredible car. You are also going after Tommy Bahn who has 2 cars making over 1350 w/out spray.
Yes, Tommy is a great guy and does really nice work, but a) he doesn't drag race and b) dyno competitions mean nothing.

I'm sure if he wants to line up next year, we'll have an opportunity to do so at TX2K09.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Better yet go after his (now broken) old record of 228 mph at the Texas Mile.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:28 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ihatepotholes
wow... little did i know, you are Jamie Carter... is there gonna be a rematch of you and Jon P's steelcity supra
LOL....I'm undefeated both at TX and AZ against JP. My current Supra is in a different league compared to my previous black street Supra, so it wouldn't be a fair race. I think he's also pretty much retired from all forms of racing. But I do miss him....we had some good times going at each over the years.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Jamie,

You need to do all 4 events at the Supra nats and get a placing.

Use the Supra and turn down the boost/swap out the tires for the road course or just bring your vette properly prepared.

Night racing in Mexico is fun, but you only can bring home hardware from the day events.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Yes, Tommy is a great guy and does really nice work, but a) he doesn't drag race and b) dyno competitions mean nothing.

I'm sure if he wants to line up next year, we'll have an opportunity to do so at TX2K09.
6spds also dyno a LOT easier than the TH400s as well

Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Better yet go after his (now broken) old record of 228 mph at the Texas Mile.
We plan on switching over to a 6speed probably next year once SW gets his car complete to compete with BL. Doubt Tommy makes another TX Mile pass.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I doubt it as well, Tommy is trying to break into the Porsche market. The work he has done on my car has been solid.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Jamie,

You need to do all 4 events at the Supra nats and get a placing.

Use the Supra and turn down the boost/swap out the tires for the road course or just bring your vette properly prepared.

Night racing in Mexico is fun, but you only can bring home hardware from the day events.
I built the Supra to 1/4 and occasionally street race. As for the Z, I'm sure it would do very well in that deal, but I don't care enough about that type of stuff to make the effort....

Old 07-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !

Scott - It's a blast to drive. I'm getting into a bad habit of tunnel vision and honestly can't remember the middle part of the run. **** happens real fast at these speeds. But once we get this thing sorted out, I may swap a 6 speed into and put the TH400 in a GT2.
I bet that thing is nothing short of a violent experience from a dig or a roll.

TH400 in a GT2?! LOL...you are one crazy SOB, bro. Crazier than I am, that's for sure. I love it.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Love it Jamie.....that's badass....lots of luck with it!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:52 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Jamie, you're just scared to lose to a GT2 or Supra with that $100k vette! Bring BOTH next year to TX2K9...
Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I know it isn't a GT2....