996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The first drive in the GT 750 ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 06:04 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
The first drive in the GT 750 ...

Well she came home today. It was a real joke watching the transport guy get my car off the truck. Had it not been my car I would have died from laughter ... but it was my car and I was freaking out, and I generally don't freak out about anything.

Anyway, after the car was finally off the truck and safely in my posession I made a quick trip to the bank, (to see if I had any money left ), and decided to take her on a quick blast down I-25. I had a full tank of race gas and the 100 octane program was up so .... THIS THING IS REDICULOUS!!!!

Soooooo smooth, very strong. I am impressed and I am not easily impressed. More to come ...

Old 08-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Cool Vids Vids Vids

Old 08-03-2004, 06:51 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
4 play sucks. Come back to us with a full review you tease.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Let me know and I can shoot a vid for you.....

Old 08-03-2004, 07:11 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
what are you doing home posting?

you should be out getting a ticket!

Old 08-03-2004, 07:33 AM
It's raining ...

Old 08-03-2004, 07:35 AM
Dave@EFI is infamous around these partsDave@EFI is infamous around these parts
Glad everything got worked out with the transporter...that was a horro story in itself!

I'll be looking forward to the full on review with mpegs!

Aloha, Dave

Old 08-03-2004, 07:51 AM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
How does the car's power compare to the "old" No Mercy Z06? I cannot wait for more thorough reviews and updates. Congratulations on finally getting the new toy in your possesion!

Old 08-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by TCM
How does the car's power compare to the "old" No Mercy Z06? I cannot wait for more thorough reviews and updates. Congratulations on finally getting the new toy in your possesion!
It is a different kind of power. The Z07 was more violent ... instant torque. If felt and sounded very much like a wild beast. More on the edge. The GT 750 has very little lag and the power comes on very smooth ... like "butta". More refined feeling but still has a beast inside. On motor my Z07 would get smoked by this car. On nitrous I would give a slight edge/from a roll to the Z until the bottle ran out.

The SACHS stage II clutch in the Porsche is very quiet and smooth ... feels like stock. The Mcleod dual disc in my Z07 was a quick grabber and combined with the lope it was easy to stall the Z07 ... especially on a hill. Waaay more chatter too.

Suspension has yet to be tested but the AWD makes a big difference as compared to the Z07. I could spin those rear wheels at will in the Z.

The brakes are yet to be tested as well. I has 6 piston calipers on all 4 wheels of the Z07. My Porsche has a modified GT2 front 6 piston kit that will be tested soon enough.

The overall feel is very different. The Vette was almost brutal while the Porsche seems very much like stock until you get on it. I like them both as sometimes you feel like a nut ... sometimes you don't. I prefer the feel of the Porsche although sometimes I wish I still had the BARK the my Z07 had.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
What is a Z07?

Old 08-03-2004, 09:41 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
NoMercy, complete rundown as soon as possible please.

I had the shipper girl push on the wing on my Lambo as she was unloading it and cracked it, right in front of me!

Last edited by ColorChange; 08-03-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:50 AM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
Let me know what you think when you test that GT2 6 piston brake setup. I tracked my car last weekend at Willow with Todd's GT640 setup and loved the engine work! (Thanks Jesse at AJ) Brakes continue to be at the top of my improvement list with no clear answer. By the way, my next car will be yellow.

Old 08-03-2004, 10:17 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mehrabani1
What is a Z07?
its his ex - Z06 on steroids.

Old 08-03-2004, 10:24 AM
mehrabani, A Z07 is a 427 cid stroker motor that is produced by MTI in Houston TX. It is a package for C5 Corvettes. I had a white Z06 that was highly modified with this package and a 150 shot of Nitrous. The car put down 681rwhp and 741rwtq and ran a 9.95 @ 143 the first and last time at the drag strip.

ColorChange, I just got back from a trip to the store. It had been raining since my first trip and I was waiting for it to stop and dry up a bit. It did and I was able to wind it up and ... this thing is really really impressive. The most impressive part is how docile it is around town. Clutch is great, idle is great. The ride is fine, exaust note is just right. When you get on it all hell break loose but you still feel in complete control. I was going to check out a local curvy spot but it started raining again and I decided that cornering and braking would be left to another day. Now I can honestly say it has seen the rain .

mowblowgo, I will.

Old 08-03-2004, 10:32 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Any flat spots at 5k RPM?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The first drive in the GT 750 ...