996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Problem installing FVD ECU flash. HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:48 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Problem installing FVD ECU flash. HELP!

I recently took advantage of the FVD special and purchased the ECU flash. I'm now trying to get it installed but am running into an issue.

When I start the client software it paints just a portion of the first window. According to the instructions there's supposed to be radio buttons for VW/Audi or Porsche to the lower right. These do not appear. Also the bottom quarter of the window is not painted, is grayed out, and there's no 'next' button.

I've followed the instructions to a T including having the car plugged into a Porsche charger, laptop plugged into AC, and a verifiable internet connection. The green light is on on the connector.

I have un-installed the software and re-installed it just to make sure I did everything EXACTLY according to the instructions. Same issue.

HELP!

BTW, I tried doing a search of the site on this but didn't find anyone with the same issue.

TIA!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Since FVD uses the Softronic system, let me help

Go to your control panel, then display, then setting, then advanced tab. Make sure it says 96DBI.

Now remember, customer service always out weighs price

Old 07-19-2008, 09:22 AM
That was it!!!

THANKS!

Very classy of you to respond. Very much appreciated.

Bart

Old 07-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No problem Let us all know how that flash works out. When you ready for some upgrades, drop me a line.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:51 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
That was it!!!

THANKS!

Very classy of you to respond. Very much appreciated.

Bart
Go drive that thing and give us the scoop!!!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Since FVD uses the Softronic system, let me help

Go to your control panel, then display, then setting, then advanced tab. Make sure it says 96DBI.

Now remember, customer service always out weighs price
Dan, i'm glad u step in to help even though the gentleman didnt buy the product from you. this was my main reason to join 6speed (people helping people). 6speed is the best forum all because of people like Dan, Marski,Joew...,Shark.......JUST TO NAME A FEW. I have gain alot of knowledge all because of you guys..........................THANK YOU

Old 07-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Looks like we're going to have to wait for the results. I sent my ECU file to FVD but I guess they're closed for the weekend. So Monday will be the day.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
no prob!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Just a quick follow up on my ECU Flash.

I installed it yesterday evening. The process was very simple although I did have one small hiccup but it was resolved with the very good support of FVD who stayed on the phone until the flash was 100% completed and car was running. In fact they called back twice in the evening just to check up on it. I wish I could find a doctor with as much caring.

I haven't had too much opportunity to really hammer it yet but I have been able to do several 2nd and 3rd gear redlines. Obviously no real difference below 3000-3500 RPM. After that, there's quite a noticable difference all they way to redline. The power delivery is very linear and not in the least bit peaky. This was important to me for controllability on the track. I don't think it'll be an issue whatsoever.

Currently the engine is bone stock with the exception of the flash. I would assume DV's, intake, and exhaust would make another significant improvement and still be very durable.

Thanks to Vivid and FVD for their help on this very simple DIY upgrade.

A complete no brainer.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:02 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
bart, curious who was your contact at fvd?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by oak
bart, curious who was your contact at fvd?
He went by the nickname 'Flo' but I believe it's something like Florice.

(Flo/Florice/???, if you're reading this please forgive me butchering your name )

Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Floppy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
He went by the nickname 'Flo' but I believe it's something like Florice.

(Flo/Florice/???, if you're reading this please forgive me butchering your name )
Don't worry you are not butchering my name. It actually stands for Florian. Damn complicated german names

Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Florian is a little bit romanian too

Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Floppy
Don't worry you are not butchering my name. It actually stands for Florian. Damn complicated german names
Hi Flo,
Is Mark the progrmmer aka FVD-USA still with the company? I had some questions about a program that he offered awhile back for the FVD Racing turbos. I tried to email him a few days ago, haven't heard back from him.

TIA,
oak

Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Floppy is infamous around these parts
Alex, didn't even know that. Well I guess I'll never stop learning.

Oak, Mark actually is our head tech however he works hand in hand with our 3 inhouse programmers at FVD Germany but he doesn't design the software. Anyhow the number is 800-274-2220 #27. If you can't get a hold of him just dial my extension (#20) since he may be working on a car. Usually Mark answer's his emails immediately so I presume due to whatever reason he may never received your email.

Thanks, Flo

Originally Posted by oak
Hi Flo,
Is Mark the progrmmer aka FVD-USA still with the company? I had some questions about a program that he offered awhile back for the FVD Racing turbos. I tried to email him a few days ago, haven't heard back from him.

TIA,
oak

Last edited by Floppy; 07-23-2008 at 02:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problem installing FVD ECU flash. HELP!