996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

car getting some "cosmetic" surgery...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
I'm sure you won't need more than a few degrees angle of attack on that wing. That's the biggest wing I've seen on anything other than airplanes lol (but it's very cool).
it is the newest and BIGGEST wing out there.

we will try to balance downforce with drag. at track I run at like Daytona where the speeds will be 180+ we will flatten it out some and for others will give it more, but I doubt any more than 4 degrees.

thanks

Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Tom, looking nice.

That rear wing does not have side plates??? It is very surprising, they are fundamental in circulating air flow and for the creation of downforce. A guerney lip will be handy too.

Glad Bob did the GT2 front conversion the right way.

It will be interesting to see changes in lap times with the new setup.
Jean, thanks for all your help, support, and coaching, following all that you suggested!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by oak
tom, car is coming along nicely! love the wing I have been looking for a track wing with a deck lid that would fit a turbo. Are there more choices of wings available?
Oak, check out that Getty site, lots of choices, high quality and VERY almost suprisingly reasonable prices.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
looks great, tom! Do you happen to know if that company makes the CF hood makes one that looks like the 993 hood with the vent toward the windshield? It looks like your hood fits quite nice compared to some others I have seen. I cant wait to hear your impressions on the track after the install of those aerodynamics, should be fun!

yes they do!!

Old 07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
yes a Cup car and a supercharged 911 in the backround means YOUR car is at the "real deal" porsche shop!!
Your car looks great Tom. Pretty much a race car with license plates at this point. Very nice.

Vortex is a great shop and an excellent alternative to the local dealers in Tampa and St. Pete. Bob has a ton of experience with Porsche. He did my suspension install/corner balancing way back when. It's always entertaining to just stop by and look around and see what they're working on. They had a 900hp turbo M3 (E36) in the back the other day.

The "yellow section" (gratuitous pic of my car in there )

Old 07-25-2008, 02:23 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tom kerr
yes they do!!
sweet!! would you mind providing me a link to the hood products? It looks like getty design is a reseller/dropshipper for other companies such as MA shaw. I clicked on all the links, but didnt find any info on the CF hoods.
Thanks tom!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Just went to the Getty Design Website and viewed their PDF catalog... 996 related stuff is in the back, so scroll down to about Page 40 to start looking...

BIG mistake...

LOTS of eye candy...

Mike

Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 AM
dxb996tt is infamous around these parts
looks sweet Tom! I think yours is one of the few that is more than just "cosmetic"

Tom/Bob do you guys have a list of the parts needed for the proper GT2 front conversion, i'm looking to do this in the next couple months and havent been able to find a comprehensive list anywhere

Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Just went to the Getty Design Website and viewed their PDF catalog... 996 related stuff is in the back, so scroll down to about Page 40 to start looking...

BIG mistake...

LOTS of eye candy...

Mike
you got that right, wish I would have never seen it, damn that Bob guy!!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 AM
this is the inspiration car for the hp vs aero effects

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124547

Old 07-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Tom I have 1 more weight saving trick for you!

Genuine plastic!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Tom I have 1 more weight saving trick for you!

Genuine plastic!

Dan no problem send me one! But really need those new intercoolers, still waiting!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
So am I brotha. I will get another update today.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
Tom - THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 AM
dxb996tt is infamous around these parts
Vivid Intercoolers!!!

Dan we need pics, specs and a new thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car getting some "cosmetic" surgery...