996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

car getting some "cosmetic" surgery...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Tom, you need a CF roof to get rid of that sunroof and more weight!
that's in the works!!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Tom, you need a CF roof to get rid of that sunroof and more weight!
AGREED. www.revozport.com makes one

BTW, anyone have the info I asked for? GT2 oem wing downforce at different levels opposed to yours Tom?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:09 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
AGREED. www.revozport.com makes one

BTW, anyone have the info I asked for? GT2 oem wing downforce at different levels opposed to yours Tom?

dont know but the GT2 wing is "tiny" compared to this 63 inch RSR wing so I imagine it has alot more downforce, however your car is the total package already, so dont worry, guys like me just try to get a car almost as good as the one you already have!! enjoy it.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tom kerr
that's in the works!!!!
You got to be kidding me!!!

This is going to be a friggin TRACK BEAST!!!! Any update pics bud?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:52 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
dont know but the GT2 wing is "tiny" compared to this 63 inch RSR wing so I imagine it has alot more downforce, however your car is the total package already, so dont worry, guys like me just try to get a car almost as good as the one you already have!! enjoy it.
OH STOP lol... One thing I want to try and fix is the light front end, especially when gas gets low... Trying out new suspension tweaks soon

Old 07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
OH STOP lol... One thing I want to try and fix is the light front end, especially when gas gets low... Trying out new suspension tweaks soon

What I've been told is to add lead ahead of the front axle, it has a greater affect up there. 30 lbs should do. Just take it out from somewhere else towards the rear of the car.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
What I've been told is to add lead ahead of the front axle, it has a greater affect up there. 30 lbs should do. Just take it out from somewhere else towards the rear of the car.
Interesting?!? I man it doesn't bother me much, only when there is a tail wind or like I said when gas starts getting low, I am use to it and it has it's advantages, the nose goes wherever I point it!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:29 PM

could move the battery up front.

I am going to try additional down force with splitter and dive wings first and see how it handles.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Tom, your car is going to be awesome! Well, it's already that so how about more awesome lol. Keep the pictures coming.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:36 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

I am going to try additional down force with splitter and dive wings first and see how it handles.

That will do it for the high speed stuff, and will most likely be all you need for sebring. But there will be some low speed, off camber turns that will still need addressing.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:10 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I don't know... he's pulled a fair amount of weight off the rear with the lexan window/carbon rear decklid...With the addition of the front aero-treatment, Tom may well have it sorted, plus he's running a much wider tire up front and out back, so his footprint for stability is a little better as well.

Mike

That will do it for the high speed stuff, and will most likely be all you need for sebring. But there will be some low speed, off camber turns that will still need addressing.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 AM
Good point, I forgot about that.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 AM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Yes he is running 265/335 tires with no front wheel drive anymore and a very cool Guard diff set to 50/80... Also with the camber plates, we have the front at about -3 degrees of camber. So lots of mechanical grip in the turns. Next is to balance the aero. We are going to get it on the track as it will be and then start tweeking.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:55 AM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
I would move the battery long before starting to spend on C/F, do it!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 AM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Tom only has a 10lb battery in the car. So not as big an improvement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car getting some "cosmetic" surgery...