996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Moton Three Way adjustable Motorsport dampers arrived today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Ya but all the extra effort and now this... I'm really glad to hear you got them to fit. Post some pics would ya? Good luck man
No worries about that! I had some suspicions that it was going to be a little work. Granted, it was more than I expected, but now I can try out different fitments in front! =) I only had a chance to take a few very quick pictures. I guess I posted them in the other 996 forum...

E88 pictures

Old 07-26-2008, 12:24 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by itacud
Seems like you and Oak both had a lot of trouble with leaks with your new kits? I'd have gone nuts waiting as long as it took for resolution! I assume they're working well now?

I spoke to a couple of people. I think they said it's about 1 or 2 weeks to get a set from Holland. Since I can't install anything right away, it would be the end of next month before I could get to it again. By then, I might even find out if I can recover something for the suspect triples that I have now! =)
LOL! Yup be ready for leaks. Mine started to leak after a year with no track time...

Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CarNerd
LOL! Yup be ready for leaks. Mine started to leak after a year with no track time...
Oye... These are no PSS9s! Oh well... such is the price for flexibility, I guess? It's definately a different animal! (I'm starting to wonder if having Moton rebuilders around the corner from my office is a requirement, not just a convenience...)

Old 07-26-2008, 12:41 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Oye... These are no PSS9s! Oh well... such is the price for flexibility, I guess? It's definately a different animal! (I'm starting to wonder if having Moton rebuilders around the corner from my office is a requirement, not just a convenience...)
Ya, good thing Moton is good about replacing parts. At least with my leaks...

Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like you and Oak both had a lot of trouble with leaks with your new kits? I'd have gone nuts waiting as long as it took for resolution! I assume they're working well now?

I spoke to a couple of people. I think they said it's about 1 or 2 weeks to get a set from Holland. Since I can't install anything right away, it would be the end of next month before I could get to it again. By then, I might even find out if I can recover something for the suspect triples that I have now! =)
Picked up my car tonight. 4 new struts were sent from holland. Lex @ Moton was great helping me. 2 of my first set leaked. 1 of the 2 replacements leaked. Now they sent me a whole new set and are paying for install. Hope these stay together for a while!

Old 07-26-2008, 01:22 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
man, I hope they don't leak any more. I had chronic leaks. took along time to get things resolved but eventually all the leaks were taken care of. not very confidence inspiring...

"no warranty on motor sport parts."

Old 07-26-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm guessing Moton doesn't warranty the Motorsport parts like they do the Clubsport parts? Just that might be good enough reason to order some Clubsports.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by oak
man, I hope they don't leak any more. I had chronic leaks. took along time to get things resolved but eventually all the leaks were taken care of. not very confidence inspiring...

"no warranty on motor sport parts."
Ahh... the answer came before the question!

Old 07-26-2008, 01:26 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
mike, I think you may have got my old sets, now in rotation. hahahhaha....

Old 07-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Wayne, that's hardly funny!

Old 07-26-2008, 01:39 AM
oak
humor cuts the pain.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:39 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
This leak thing that you guys have is bizarre, I and a few guys I know that run them over here have had no leaks whatsoever, granted a few have had them serviced but again no problems. As explained before you guys must have had the bad batch, but hopefully everything sorted now. Oak/Zippy did you guys call Jerome in Holland?

Old 07-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
YOu guys are officially scaring me off Motons... What the hell...

So let me get this straight, a number of you have experienced leaks in your systems right out of the box? This is acceptable to you?

Don't get me wrong, I've been waving the whole "If I'm upgrading from my PSS9s I'm going all the way, MOTONS" flag for some time. What I will not accept is a part that fails right out of the box... Starting to make KW Varients and JICs sound like a better route...

Ugh...
Mike

Old 07-26-2008, 07:47 AM
oak
steveo, I tried calling jerome at the number you gave me numerious times, no machine, no answer. honestly, I don't think every set get's dynoed, maybe but someone is not doing a very good qc.

mike, I'm sure what ever the problem was it's been solved by now. when I was going through this it seemed like I was the only one that had a bad set.

when a part fails right out of the box I would hope any highly reputable company would stand behind their product. my car never got off the racks and was blowing leaks not just once. In the end they did take care of the problems, the frustrating part was the finger pointing and the time it had taken to resolve the problems.

In the end I'm a happy camper. knowing alot of you guys being super track hounds, I don't think very many of you memebers would be as patient. Was it worth it?

Old 07-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Yup, that's me... I missed a track weekend and dyno shoot out, based on the BS associated XYZ and things go within reason as planned... Things happen, and that's understandable.... But when parts are installed and they fail immediately, I have zero tolerance... The Clutch fiasco cost me a month of down time and lots of ego getting in the way on part of the shop tech who just didn't want to do as advised by my tuner.

Mike

Originally Posted by oak
In the end I'm a happy camper. knowing alot of you guys being super track hounds, I don't think very many of you memebers would be as patient. Was it worth it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moton Three Way adjustable Motorsport dampers arrived today...