996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Moton Three Way adjustable Motorsport dampers arrived today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:53 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Moton Three Way adjustable Motorsport dampers arrived today...

.... and I'd be interested to know if your reaction to this packaging is anything like mine was?

Lots of empty space...

And after pulling back 1 flap of towel...

Old 07-24-2008, 01:44 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I think they look better on the car than in that bin. Congrats man.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:42 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Also post some pics after installation.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
wow, is that a used set?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
The important thing to know is who was the vendor that shipped them this way? Or as Oak said, are they used?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
I also wonder if you bought those used. That won't make the substandard packaging job acceptable, but it might explain it a bit better.

Greg A

Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Looks like the set was stolen...wrapped in towels and shipped. Never seen packaging like that ever.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
It's pretty obvious they are a used set, there was some guy that popped up on a thread recently and said he had a used set of 3-ways, that must have been him.

Agreed packaging isn't great but they look ok, just get them on the car, they will take a hell of a lot more abuse when on the motor, lol

Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Hey guys... Yeah, definitely a used set. Just not sure whether I should trust their integrity, "packed" like this, or if they should be fine. I'd hate to start leaving a trail of damper oil, everywhere I go! =)

Old 07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
ugh that doesn't look right/good at all Hopefully whoever owned them before took better car of them than that;( I'd have it checked for leaks and to see if they're up to spec.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
congrats on deciding on the Motons.

I wouldnt have bought those however, too much of a time and $ investment to take a chance on **** like that!

Old 07-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah... that's my big worry. Even used, it's a huge investement, and it will take a lot of time to install and setup. I'd hate to discover I need to backpedal after getting started.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
I would not worry too much before I have them looked at by a qualified person.

Being in Northern California you should have a lot of places to check them out. Packaging does not look nice, but it does not mean there is a problem, at least the towels look clean!!!

Have them looked at and don't worry till then, most likely they're ok.

Edit: No the towels do not look clean, I am looking through a better screen/monitor now

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
did you get a chance to look at these before purchasing? or even through some pics?

man, I went through some issues and 5 months of dealing with getting things corrected. I'm sure you are going to have to rebuild them atleast a few of them. Mine were new and had to be rebuilt. Good luck!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I will dig up that conversation we had, I'm sure the guy said they were just serviced, would verify that though (serviced by who) There is only a small amount of oil in these and when you disconnect them (quick disconnect ends) always a tea spoon of oil is released. You could quickly look yourself to make sure there is no oil leaking at the ends of the canister and the strut.

Do you know if he transported them with any pressure in them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moton Three Way adjustable Motorsport dampers arrived today...