996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Misfire / Hesitation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
I faced same issues ending ..Changing plugs then MAF

Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
So what happened?

Old 08-10-2008, 10:06 AM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for plugs/coil packs

Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
So, was it spark plugs issue? I am also running Vivid's 650 kit, and I just realize the denso spark plugs that came along with the kit was damaged, it is misssing a chunk of the porcelain on the tip of the plug. And I suspect the missing chunk has fallen into the car's engine and possibly make some bit marks along the piston and cyclinder wall.

It has been a long and painful process for me since day one I install the kit, the car runs strong but I am having problems here and there, such as puffign out blue smoke ont he right side of the turbo on and off, which is not normal.

Originally Posted by dxb996tt
Thanks ard,

doing plugs tomorrow, will let you guys know if thats the issue

Old 08-10-2008, 11:01 AM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
Was it plugs?

I am experiencing similar symptoms and debating which to do first - MAF or Plugs. I experienced the problem all of a sudden one day when driving almost as if something suddenly went bad so I'm leaning towards doing the MAF first.

Originally Posted by kcphuah
So, was it spark plugs issue?

Old 08-10-2008, 12:15 PM
dxb996tt is infamous around these parts
hi guys

sorry for the delay, i've been too busy driving her to get online =)

So at the end of the day it was an issue with the "Camshaft Adjustment" for the bank that was misfiring. Basically I was getting a misfire on the entire Bank 2 since I installed the Vivid Kit. It seems that the DME had adjusted to the previous tune, when i installed the new tune the camshaft on bank 2 was out of adjustment for the new tune. So in this process I had changed the sparkplugs and found that the plugs on bank 2 were fouled badly from the misfiring, so i put in a fresh set of Bosch FR6 LDC's. I also did a boost leak test and found no air leaks in the intake. After days of reading through posts on Renntech, mostly by Loren I realized my problem was the Camshaft Adjustment. At the end i found that through the Durametric software I could reset the Camshaft Adjustment, after i did this the car ran great! I'm still getting an EVAP code 0447, but thats not a big issue. What really suprises me is that neither of the shops I took my car to had thought of this, they were all quoting me huge bills to pull the engine and find whats wrong.....

So end of the day it was an easy fix!

I'll do a full write up this week with some pics of the car and kit, we've been having some bad dust storms here so not the best weather to take pics.

Hope this helps some of you in finding your problem!

Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM
braj28 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dxb996tt
hi guys
At the end i found that through the Durametric software I could reset the Camshaft Adjustment, after i did this the car ran great!

How do you do this with the Durametric software all I see is start and stop... what should I be doing do I rev the engine once I start it... or do I just click start and wait?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by braj28
How do you do this with the Durametric software all I see is start and stop... what should I be doing do I rev the engine once I start it... or do I just click start and wait?
I would also like to know this. I am having a issue with bank 1 camshaft errors. What are the side effects of resetting it, if it is even possible with a Durametric.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I can walk you through the durametric process. Just contact me.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vividracing
I can walk you through the durametric process. Just contact me.
PM Sent, thanks a lot!

Justin

Old 06-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Bump, can anyone else help me out here, I'm guessing Dan is busy. Thanks!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sorry yes busy. Let me open the PM now.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor
Durametric tool is pretty easy to use. If it locks up, just exit the program and open it again.

Connect the cable to your OBDII port and USB of the computer. Turn the key to the on position without starting it. Choose your car (911, 996) and then use one of the sections on the left. I would probably say Motronic DME one. Check each section for codes and do a reset on it. If no code comes up, then it should be cleared. I dont have it open in front of me, but I can maybe look on the phone with you out in the shop.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Durametric tool is pretty easy to use. If it locks up, just exit the program and open it again.

Connect the cable to your OBDII port and USB of the computer. Turn the key to the on position without starting it. Choose your car (911, 996) and then use one of the sections on the left. I would probably say Motronic DME one. Check each section for codes and do a reset on it. If no code comes up, then it should be cleared. I dont have it open in front of me, but I can maybe look on the phone with you out in the shop.
No worries Dan, was more of a shout out for others to maybe chime in than a kick in the but to you. I appreciate your input though.

Hmm, I do know how to use my Durametric cable to reset codes and what not. Is that basically the same thing were talking about here? If resetting codes is what you mean, then I guess my problem goes beyound that, as I have done that multiple times already. Thanks again Dan!

Justin

Old 06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor
If it is a hard code, then you might need to go to a dealer and have them connect the PIWIS tool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Misfire / Hesitation