996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Switchable Exhaust $$???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
This exhaust design is truly the best of both worlds. Quiet for the neighborhood, or wide open zero backpressure for competition. All with the push of a button. Currently I have a 9ff Gen II. I used to have a 9ff Gen I. If I ever get around to upgrading to Garrett turbos I will have a custom exhaust made. Then I will sell the 9ff Gen II here (on 6speed) for a million dollars since they are so rare.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Do a search and see what you find. I was VERY seriously considering this option before I went with the DGI. I've seen the motors on the cut-outs seize first hand. Being that close to the turbos, the EGTs are just too much for 'em. Your mileage may vary.
You can compromise a decent bit by using heat shielding. I never heard 9ff having a big problem with failing valves.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, should have been more clear. I was talking about the remote cut out valves, not the valvetronic type exhausts.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
got respond from capristo

just got email respond from capristo,but i think we can get the parts he offers cheaper in USA

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Hello Bill,[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']for the 996 we have no system ready now. If you need components like a remote control to control the exhaust valves we can send it to you. The price is Euro 450,00. Exhaust valves we can offer for euro 170,00 per piece.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Best Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Capristo[/FONT]