996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Switchable Exhaust $$???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
Switchable Exhaust $$???

Any good Switchable Exhaust for around $3000 max?

Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Thumbs up guys check this out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J80-7NJBeu8
i contacted the company to see if they can make one for 996tt
or buy the valve with the remote to make your own.
I think is cool!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
switchable exchaust

this is on cayman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja8UpQZRZFk

Old 07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Get in touch with Marty ie Woodster. He was selling Bryant's for him a while back...dunno if he still has it or not

Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by $manager
Get in touch with Marty ie Woodster. He was selling Bryant's for him a while back...dunno if he still has it or not
thank you!

Old 07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
nice system Im sure it cost some $

Old 07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
shadow996 is infamous around these parts
Keep us posted on whether they have one for 996TT

Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
The best integrated switchable system is the 2nd gen 9ff.....Marty was selling a 1st gen which wasn't nearly as good. You could probably buy a 9ff 2nd gen for $3k, but not many were sold because the USA distributor was such a lying jackass (personal experience).

FVD also has a system, as does Kreis-sieg.....don't have personal experience though.

The best (cheap) option IMO is to buy your own exhaust cutouts and put them in the exhaust of your choice. They are like $400 a set, you cut the exhaust and weld them in, and run the wiring. This is the kind of product Dan at Vivid would excel in.....hint.

NO way do you convince Capristo to design and fabricate one for our cars.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Shark01
The best integrated switchable system is the 2nd gen 9ff.....Marty was selling a 1st gen which wasn't nearly as good. You could probably buy a 9ff 2nd gen for $3k, but not many were sold because the USA distributor was such a lying jackass (personal experience).

FVD also has a system, as does Kreis-sieg.....don't have personal experience though.

The best (cheap) option IMO is to buy your own exhaust cutouts and put them in the exhaust of your choice. They are like $400 a set, you cut the exhaust and weld them in, and run the wiring. This is the kind of product Dan at Vivid would excel in.....hint.

If you had the numbers, Wolfgang and the crew at Capristo would make these for the 996TT.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
shadow your photo of your car in your avatar looks hott.. have any more photos?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:59 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Valvetronic F1

Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Shark01

I checked the Kreis-Sieg its awsome and $6500
I think your right cut-outs for $400 is the best way then go to a good muffler shop and you done!!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
cutouts

Is anyone did the cutouts yet?
I will visit a muffler shop a.s.a.p to talk about it

Old 07-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Do a search and see what you find. I was VERY seriously considering this option before I went with the DGI. I've seen the motors on the cut-outs seize first hand. Being that close to the turbos, the EGTs are just too much for 'em. Your mileage may vary.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Do a search and see what you find. I was VERY seriously considering this option before I went with the DGI. I've seen the motors on the cut-outs seize first hand. Being that close to the turbos, the EGTs are just too much for 'em. Your mileage may vary.
oh no!!!
dont tell me that!!,see ,its always sounds easy and its always something to ruin my hopes!!!
Anyway i wish i had money i will buy the Kreis-sieg
Maybe Vivid racing can do a group buy and get them for around $4ks
Cause Europe stuff its so expensive now with the Euro/Dollar exchange
Well, i keep looking/searching anyway

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switchable Exhaust $$???