996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MY SG700 VS MY EVOMS700 Dyno Results...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:05 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
what about an extra fuel pump? did evo add that?

also just curious how did both package drive at low rpms? ie. city driving
what about idle? any issues?
The SG700 ran terrible off a cold start. The idle was a bit off also. I think it was because the tuning with GIAC and a lwfw.

The Evoms setup runs perfect.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:05 AM
davenew is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT

Both on 91. I will add further information tomorrow....

Looks like the Evoms700 has ~100+whp then a SG700 kit...

i guess that adds up to 1+ car length, as tested before cars and coffee with the silver sg700

its 5 am... more to be added tomorrow

Pay close attention to the huge drop with the SG Giac file....

FAN BOYS OF SPEED GALLERY/GIAC, PLEASE DO NOT CRAP IN MY THREAD. I'M PURELY SHOWING MY RESULTS AFTER SPENDING HUGE MONEY FOR THE SPEED GALLERY 700 KIT, AND BEING TOTALLY UNSATISFIED AND GOING WITH THE EVOMS 700 KIT.
The kit is expensive ($25k) but includes a ton of hardware!

"GT 700 Includes:
-EVO Modified Garrett GT700 High Flow turbochargers
-Upgraded high pressure wastegates
-CNC machined billet aluminum wastegate mounts
-EVO Billet Diverter Valves
-EVO Proprietary EVOMSit GT700 Software
-Sport Stainless Steel Exhaust w/ 100 Cell Catalysts
-EVO V-Flow Air Induction System
-EVO 41.5 mm Primary Tube Stainless Steel Headers
-EVO / Sachs Stage 3 Clutch (Can use with Dual Mass Flywheel)
-EVO Silicone Boost Hose Conversion w/ Diverter Valve "F" Hose
-EVO 70mm High Flow Turbo Air Inlet Ducts (plastic)
-EVO Braided and Fire Jacketed Fuel Line Upgrade Kit w/ Fuel Filter Kit, Adapters, Clips
-EVO Modified Fuel Rails
-EVO High Flow Fuel Injectors
-Bosch Spark Plugs
-EVO GT700 Floor mats
-EVO GT700 CNC machined hood badge"

The only thing I don't see is intercoolers. Does the kit assume you'll use stock intercoolers? Nice numbers! Considering the amount of money involved you should have every right to post your personal experiences with each kit. Congrats!

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...47D8965B527%7D

Old 07-27-2008, 11:16 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by davenew
Nice numbers! Considering the amount of money involved you should have every right to post your personal experiences with each kit. Congrats!

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...47D8965B527%7D[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, Dave. I want people to be able to benefit from my costly experience with both kits.

Last edited by NineNineSixTT; 07-27-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by revengerocket
The horsepower and torque graphs are in different scales.
That's what I get for posting before my first cup of coffee. Right you are. Very impressive power to the wheels.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joetwint
huh?
I think he's talking about a MAHA. On a MAHA chassis dyno, it does a drag down test that actually measures the driveline loss for each specific car. Much more common in Europe than over here.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:38 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Nice numbers man, and I don't like the look of that dropoff with the SG kit at all! Did you confront them and try to have the poor-running issues resolved? What was their answer? What could be the cause for that enormous drop - if the boost was steady and the turbos were upgraded to flow the air, it looks like timing is being pulled or even worse detonation? Not fueling enough prolly...

Anyway glad you like the new kit and post some numbers when you have a chance!

Old 07-27-2008, 12:34 PM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I think he's talking about a MAHA. On a MAHA chassis dyno, it does a drag down test that actually measures the driveline loss for each specific car. Much more common in Europe than over here.
BTW: I can also calculate the crank HP of a car if I get the driftbox data of a smooth 4th gear accell into the rev limiter and then press the clutch and letting the car freely roll down to the start speed. this all done on a flat straight way gives the engine power with quite a good accuracy.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Nice numbers man, and I don't like the look of that dropoff with the SG kit at all! Did you confront them and try to have the poor-running issues resolved? What was their answer? What could be the cause for that enormous drop - if the boost was steady and the turbos were upgraded to flow the air, it looks like timing is being pulled or even worse detonation? Not fueling enough prolly...

Anyway glad you like the new kit and post some numbers when you have a chance!
I was banned from Speed Gallery. I wont get into it at this point, for their sake.

I contacted GIAC for an update, since i was running a very version of the software. They refused.

I later contacted Speed Gallery, where we agreed upon $1500 for a flash loader with a 91 updated file plus race program. I showed up, they would only take cash. I refused.

I have seen six (3 total cars) dyno sheets for SG700's and they all seem to carry that drop-off.

Heres another example:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1944250-post2.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1966712-post39.html

Also, since you bring up fueling.

With the SG650 kit i was running, 91 gas would automatically throw me into limp mode, 100 was fine... i wonder why

Old 07-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I can attest to the fact that the evoms gt700 kit is an amazing design and puts down some serious *** kicking power. I dont agree with the price but it sure is quick!

Now if you took a pair of those tial turbos, some 72 lb injectors, and an EPL tune I bet you will be right in the same neighborhood on pump gas. Currently there are a few maf solutions that are being tested for the under 800hp crowd from that crazy gator Tony.

S

Old 07-27-2008, 05:08 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Not trying to advertise for EVOMs. The have much greater control with the EVOMit tune than the GIAC. Todd customed tuned the GT660 software especially to run on Tip for my car, twice, without delay. I have never dealt with Todd directly, but really appreciate the efforts.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:50 PM
davenew is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
I can attest to the fact that the evoms gt700 kit is an amazing design and puts down some serious *** kicking power. I dont agree with the price but it sure is quick!

Now if you took a pair of those tial turbos, some 72 lb injectors, and an EPL tune I bet you will be right in the same neighborhood on pump gas. Currently there are a few maf solutions that are being tested for the under 800hp crowd from that crazy gator Tony.

S
What's the ballpark cost for Tials + EPL fueling? I already know what Tony can do with B5 S4's.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I had a great experience switching from an EVO (GIAC) GT700 to an EVOMit GT700. Here's a before and after dyno on 91 of both setups. I also have the big throttle body upgrade.

Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Sorry. This is a bit confusing. The power looks great. what does EVOMit Mean?

Originally Posted by Zippy
I had a great experience switching from an EVO (GIAC) GT700 to an EVOMit GT700. Here's a before and after dyno on 91 of both setups. I also have the big throttle body upgrade.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:40 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
zippy clearly, from the graph, the new evoit flash's curve is way smoother.

Last edited by AIRjordan23; 07-27-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
SG700 kit was converted to EVOMS kit.

The only fuel mods SG uses for the 700 is 5bar (band-aid) and 997 injectors.
i have not follwed the whole thread but If I can ask you a few questions...
1. how much less (advertized) is the SG700 vs the Evoms 700 kit.
2. what was missing in the SG set up that came with the Evoms set ...
3. what was not included in the Evoms set up that came with the SG...

I have a feeling you bought into the HP figure game.... and most probably the the HP figured were achieved by SG but maybe under different circumstances... like more boost, better fuel, less restrictions, etc...

You see, Protos base K24/18g is advertised as a 600 hp package... and the full blown set up as a 700 hp package.... yet I see guys coming up with their own numbers like PE 650 or PE 660.. etc...
Sure those car make 580 rwhp on 104 at 1.5 bars with high 12s afrs... but does that mean its a 580 rwhp car? I say safely it does 560 max at 1.3 bars.. which makes it a tad over 600 hp crank.
Also, different dynos and atmospheric variables have something to do with it as well...

In any event, do you have the NEW latest version of the evoms tial turbos?
I know that the gt700 kit had a few variations over time....

good luck,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY SG700 VS MY EVOMS700 Dyno Results...