996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MY SG700 VS MY EVOMS700 Dyno Results...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Sorry. This is a bit confusing. The power looks great. what does EVOMit Mean?
It means that all software is done in house and is proprietary.Tuning is written by Todd Zuccone owner of Evoms.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 PM
orlando333 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT

Both on 91. I will add further information tomorrow....

Looks like the Evoms700 has ~100+whp then a SG700 kit...

i guess that adds up to 1+ car length, as tested before cars and coffee with the silver sg700

its 5 am... more to be added tomorrow

Pay close attention to the huge drop with the SG Giac file....

FAN BOYS OF SPEED GALLERY/GIAC, PLEASE DO NOT CRAP IN MY THREAD. I'M PURELY SHOWING MY RESULTS AFTER SPENDING HUGE MONEY FOR THE SPEED GALLERY 700 KIT, AND BEING TOTALLY UNSATISFIED AND GOING WITH THE EVOMS 700 KIT.

Nice

it may have been about 5 months ago. saw your car at SG; thought it was sick (but it idled very rough)

Love those numbers and glad i did not drop an SG kit in my ride.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
hey thomas, dyno #s look great and curves are smooth....glad you're much happier with Evo bro....cant wait to run it

Old 07-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think they are using a custom turbo on this set up that actually is a hybrid of this other cmpany's wheel... I heard via the grape vine... LOl and if so, this is the reason for the nice HP .
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-27-2008, 10:41 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
actually is a hybrid of this other cmpany's wheel...
markski
Mark,I doubt it.......I believe the new turbos were built specifically for them probably because everyone was making cheap knockoffs of their kits.I wouldn't doubt that a similarly tuned EVOMS gt28 GT700 makes similar power.The difference is in the tuning and hardware as opposed to other kits from other tuners.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Mark,I doubt it.......I believe the new turbos were built specifically for them probably because everyone was making cheap knockoffs of their kits. .
I think I worded it wrong LOL
My point is that Im with you on that one

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
NineNineSixTT

What is ur 60-130mph on both SG700 and EVOMS700?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
i have not follwed the whole thread but If I can ask you a few questions...
1. how much less (advertized) is the SG700 vs the Evoms 700 kit.
Let me answer this question in another way. There are probably less than 20 sg700's around. I was the 3rd. I would estimate there are hundreds and hundreds of evoms700's out there.
2. what was missing in the SG set up that came with the Evoms set ...
The evoms kit has modified fuel rails, fuel lines. The biggest advantage of the evoms kit, is the quality and craftsmanship of all the items.
3. what was not included in the Evoms set up that came with the SG...
The sg setup has nothing additional than the evoms kit. The speed gallery kit is very limited compared to the evoms kit. Below is the information for the kits.

I have a feeling you bought into the HP figure game.... and most probably the the HP figured were achieved by SG but maybe under different circumstances... like more boost, better fuel, less restrictions, etc...

I had every single bolt on with the sg kit. Ran with pure 104 and only achieved 505 awhp.

You see, Protos base K24/18g is advertised as a 600 hp package... and the full blown set up as a 700 hp package.... yet I see guys coming up with their own numbers like PE 650 or PE 660.. etc...
Sure those car make 580 rwhp on 104 at 1.5 bars with high 12s afrs... but does that mean its a 580 rwhp car? I say safely it does 560 max at 1.3 bars.. which makes it a tad over 600 hp crank.
Also, different dynos and atmospheric variables have something to do with it as well...

In any event, do you have the NEW latest version of the evoms tial turbos?
I know that the gt700 kit had a few variations over time....

good luck,
markski
Here is the list of the SG700 components:
Speed Gallery 700HP+ KIT - $21,995
- Speed Gallery Fuel Injector/Intake Modification (In my case, they drilled into the cylinder head to fit 997 injectors)
- Speed Gallery 700HP+ ECU
- Speed Gallery Garrett Turbochargers
- Speed Gallery Headers (Very cheap headers, i know of 3 that cracked. I believe schnell is the manufacturer)
- T-Body (in-house port polish)
- Wastegate Upgrade
- Turbo Air Inlet Pipes and Plenum
- 5.4 Bar Fuel Regulator
- High Flow Fuel Filter
- GT2 Fuel Pump
- Spark Plugs
- Speed Gallery/SACHS Clutch Kit (Required) - ECU (gt2 clutch setup)

On my first sg setups, intake wise they used a drop in filter with stock box, ported my stock headers, modified my stock exhaust. It seems like an exhaust isn't even included in that price above. Modifying stock parts is relatively cheap compared to replacing parts. Alot of people mentioned the evoms price being high, but if you take into consideration you are getting alot more for your money than the SG kit.

Here is the evoms 700 setup $25,900.00 USD :
GT 700 Includes:
-EVO Modified Garrett GT700 High Flow turbochargers
-Upgraded high pressure wastegates
-CNC machined billet aluminum wastegate mounts
-EVO Billet Diverter Valves
-EVO Proprietary EVOMSit GT700 Software
-Sport Stainless Steel Exhaust w/ 100 Cell Catalysts
-EVO V-Flow Air Induction System
-EVO 41.5 mm Primary Tube Stainless Steel Headers
-EVO / Sachs Stage 3 Clutch (Can use with Dual Mass Flywheel)
-EVO Silicone Boost Hose Conversion w/ Diverter Valve "F" Hose
-EVO 70mm High Flow Turbo Air Inlet Ducts (plastic)
-EVO Braided and Fire Jacketed Fuel Line Upgrade Kit w/ Fuel Filter Kit, Adapters, Clips
-EVO Modified Fuel Rails
-EVO High Flow Fuel Injectors
-Bosch Spark Plugs

Originally Posted by Shotcaller
NineNineSixTT

What is ur 60-130mph on both SG700 and EVOMS700?
I didn't have a chance to pull 60-130 times with my sg700, because the car never ran right for much long.

But what i can do is get 60-130 times off my car, and my friends sg700.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:22 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
22 large for a "700" kit and uses a factory exhaust?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
I didn't have a chance to pull 60-130 times with my sg700, because the car never ran right for much long.

But what i can do is get 60-130 times off my car, and my friends sg700.
Thomas, whenever you guys want to use the Vbox let me know!!

We need to do a 60-130 run on Zulu's (John) SG700, his car was flat out fast last saturday, he beat everyone as well, I believe he and the proto 700 were close, so let's get some times from him as well to compare.

Last edited by DLSJ5; 07-28-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Thomas, whenever you guys want to use the Vbox let me know!!

We need to do a 60-130 run on Zulu's (John) SG700, his car was flat out fast last saturday, he beat everyone as well, I believe he and the proto 700 were close, so let's get some times from him as well to compare.
Hi Drew! That would be awesome to borrow your Vbox for some 60-130 data as I have never recorded these times (will need some instruction as I don't even know how..lol) and I think it might shed some interesting facts on this discussion! It's always fun to meet up with you guys!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
mojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to behold
it does not read that way thomas

Old 07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Also, Barristers Red 997TT stage 2 is very fast and can keep pace with all of us.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 AM
ajax1964 is infamous around these parts
Seems like all this bashing started over that Canadian car deal that went south that apparently had nothing to do with Speed Gallery

You can't seriously start a thread by saying you were "totally unsatisfied" and not expect to hear the other side.
I have had ALOT of work done at Speed Gallery and they have always stood by everything they have done. I have every intention of upgrading to their GT700 kit as well.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:11 AM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
Let's not argue about shops, and lets focus on the dyno numbers

Last edited by lamvince; 07-29-2008 at 01:15 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY SG700 VS MY EVOMS700 Dyno Results...