996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MY SG700 VS MY EVOMS700 Dyno Results...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:58 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
MY SG700 VS MY EVOMS700 Dyno Results...

Both on 91. I will add further information tomorrow....

Looks like the Evoms700 has ~100+whp then a SG700 kit...

its 5 am... more to be added tomorrow

Pay close attention to the huge drop with the SG Giac file....

FAN BOYS OF SPEED GALLERY/GIAC, PLEASE DO NOT CRAP IN MY THREAD. I'M PURELY SHOWING MY RESULTS AFTER SPENDING HUGE MONEY FOR THE SPEED GALLERY 700 KIT, AND BEING TOTALLY UNSATISFIED AND GOING WITH THE EVOMS 700 KIT.

Last edited by NineNineSixTT; 07-28-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Looks like some serious numbers. Why doesn't hp and torque cross at 5200rpm?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:58 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Very nice.I remember a few months back the theme on here was everyone should just do their own kits and Evoms charges way too much money for what they do,but they do put tons of R+D in these kits to make sure they run properly.Not all 700 kits are created equally.What makes it even better is now the tuning is done in house by Todd Z and he can tailor it to your driving style.The 700 kit is lots of fun ....everyone should have one.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 AM
revengerocket is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Looks like some serious numbers. Why doesn't hp and torque cross at 5200rpm?
The horsepower and torque graphs are in different scales.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 AM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
is this dyno showing engine HP or RWHP??
why is the kit called 700 when it outputs only 570 HP?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Graph is AWHP(4wd) add 18-20% for crank hp.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:22 AM
it's not very common to dyno the loss also?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Dude, nice increase!!! How does the extra 100 feel in the seat-of-the-pants when driving? I've been thinking about tweaking my GT2 some more and trying to decide which route to take.

I met you at the SoCAl. dyno day and was suspicious then that you weren't that happy with your dyno numbers.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by RS38
it's not very common to dyno the loss also?
huh?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it is very true that not all 700 kits are alike. Looks like my GT 660 kit puts out more than the SG 700 kit as well. The in house tuning makes a world of difference.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by joetwint
huh?
to compare AWD and RWD it would be nice to get the crank numbers. that means you need to dyno the losses also despite having a very rough percentage to add.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bodybag
Dude, nice increase!!! How does the extra 100 feel in the seat-of-the-pants when driving? I've been thinking about tweaking my GT2 some more and trying to decide which route to take.

I met you at the SoCAl. dyno day and was suspicious then that you weren't that happy with your dyno numbers.
You are dead on. I was never satisfied with the numbers/performance/generally the GIAC programming.

505 on Sunoco 104 on Mustang.

The hp feels good. Seat of pants feels good especially because i don't feel like an idiot droping mad money for a stage 4.

Originally Posted by joetwint
Very nice.I remember a few months back the theme on here was everyone should just do their own kits and Evoms charges way too much money for what they do,but they do put tons of R+D in these kits to make sure they run properly.Not all 700 kits are created equally.What makes it even better is now the tuning is done in house by Todd Z and he can tailor it to your driving style.The 700 kit is lots of fun ....everyone should have one.
Thanks for the kind words. You get what you pay for. Except i didn't get much with the SG700 with GIAC setup. R&D by evoms is why this kit makes the power it does. It doesn't take a professional to appreciate the huge changes in the dyno graph. No more drop-offs in the power band.

Bottomline here: I'm not looking to step on any toes here, im looking to educate the common Porsche driver before deciding on a kit. I went two roads, and here are the expensive graph for your viewing pleasure.

SG700 505awhp w/ sunoco 104 ~75º (GIAC)

EVOMS700 570awhp w/ 91 ~112º (EVOMSit)

I appreciate the fact no drama has been started in this thread, hopefully it will stay that way.

Last edited by NineNineSixTT; 07-27-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:05 AM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
huge differences. just confirming the only differences are the software? hardware all the same? staggering differences that could have been even bigger if temps and gas quality would have been the same...

Old 07-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
huge differences. just confirming the only differences are the software? hardware all the same? staggering differences that could have been even bigger if temps and gas quality would have been the same...
SG700 kit was converted to EVOMS kit.

GIAC -> EVOMSit
SG Turbos -> EVOMS Tial Turbos
997 Injectors -> EVOMS Injectors
Bosch MAF -> Hitachi MAF

+Evoms Fuel Lines/Fuel Rails.

The only fuel mods SG uses for the 700 is 5bar (band-aid) and 997 injectors.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:50 AM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
what about an extra fuel pump? did evo add that?

also just curious how did both package drive at low rpms? ie. city driving
what about idle? any issues?

Last edited by AIRjordan23; 07-27-2008 at 10:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY SG700 VS MY EVOMS700 Dyno Results...