996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EPL 630cc file w/ 24/18g turbos, impressions and dyno sheets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wross996TT
I didn't think my first question was that hard...so in addition to the injectors, you also changed the FPR and the tune (what tune was that?)...anything else? is this race gas different also?
only thing that was changed was software(APR k16 file) injectors and stock fpr back in, I was on race gas for the old 568 as well.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Great stuff...
Chris,
do you have the pics of the stuff you made... the inlet pipes, exhaust , etc...
K24/18gs love catless exhaust.... and it shows...
nice job,
markski
I will post pics once I put the system on my car with tips, I will post up some inlet pipe pics in the morning.

I might be heading to the track on wed, only problem is its mini lobster season here in FL so i might be tired since thats the first day.

Chris Green

Old 07-28-2008, 08:19 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green
only thing that was changed was software(APR k16 file) injectors and stock fpr back in, I was on race gas for the old 568 as well.
Thanks Chris....as I said...great numbers congrats!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Another tony success story. More to come im sure!....

Congrats Chris

Suman

Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Chris,

You have some very fast times in your signature! I can't wait to see what you run with this set-up and 109 fuel.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by John D
Chris,

You have some very fast times in your signature! I can't wait to see what you run with this set-up and 109 fuel.
John i cant wait to hit the track, I have been drag racing import's for 10+ years and 5 year's at a pro level. I might run it AWD first then pull the shaft at the track and see how it goes.

were the times in your sig done on pump or race gas? and how much boost?

Chris Green

Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Cool, you must know how to do it well!

Sunoco 104 at about 1.24 bar. I was a little conservative with the boost - trying to play it safe...

For the record - The time in my signature was run with a Protomotive 700 tune. I have yet to bring the car to the 1/4 mile since the new EPL tune.

Last edited by John D; 07-28-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by John D
Cool, you must know how to do it well!

Sunoco 104 at about 1.24 bar. I was a little conservative with the boost - trying to play it safe...

For the record - The time in my signature was run with a Protomotive 700 tune. I have yet to bring the car to the 1/4 mile since the new EPL tune.
was the protomotive tune with the 630's?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Amazing numbers. Wow. Congrats to you and Tony.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Chris,

The car is currently identical to the Proto tune configuration when the 1/4 mile was run.

The only differences now are:

1) I have a Bosch OEM MAF vs. the Ford MAF that Proto uses

2) I re-installed the stock air box vs. the V-Flow box I had with the Proto tune per Tonys suggestion regarding MAF longevity - however, I am getting ready to try the V-Flow just to see because I like the product and never had problems before. (BTW - I have always had the V-Flow cold air turbo intake pipes)

3) I have added 70mm hose from the IC's to a custom 70mm Y-Pipe to increase the air flow into the throttle body

4) EPL custom tune

Last edited by John D; 07-28-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That is a fantastic result. 100 HP for 3000 RPM above and beyond my stage 4. Respect.

1 question. How does it fare on 91? I simply am not hardcore enough to cruise on 109 octane daily. Maybe 100 on track days (but still with 91 octane for the safety margin under high heat use).

Tony? please PM me the price? I have an X50 with K24s and all the auxiliaries. I guess injectorrs, flash and 24/18g convert?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 07-29-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:59 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Wow, stunning results!!!

I am very anxious to see your pavement numbers, congrats

Old 07-29-2008, 07:05 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
wow, more outstanding results from EPL! nice job Tony!

enjoy the car Chris

Old 07-29-2008, 07:27 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Green how is your clutch holding up with that much power?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by LiNks
Chris Green how is your clutch holding up with that much power?
So far great, if it last at the track with the launch control its good.

Chris Green

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EPL 630cc file w/ 24/18g turbos, impressions and dyno sheets