996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EPL 630cc file w/ 24/18g turbos, impressions and dyno sheets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Tony,

Can you give some detail on how some of these work?
launch control (assume it's a rev-limiter in first when the clutch is depressed?)
left foot braking/brake boosting (not really useful in a 6 speed right?)
trip computer recalibration (what does this mean?).

Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Congrats Chris! That's great power. Keep us posted about track times as well.

A little background on this file. It was originally produced on John D's car on pump gas. It has since been used in numerous other cars at various boost levels and octanes.

The specific file that's in Chris's car is a water injection file and is actually leaving some power on the table if he continues to run race gas all the time.

Chris's file has all the new options we offer such launch control, left foot braking/brake boosting, and trip computer recalibration.

If anyone is intersted in this file or a variation of this file feel free to PM me .

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 07-29-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think the ultimate turbo is a Gt3076r with a .63 hot side... mid 600 rwhp all day long at moderate boost. I also drove Bobby's K24/20 g(ported /polished) with a a clipped turbine wheel etc.... at 1.2 bars that car was freakin fast... and I was next to him in my car.

mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM
maxboost is infamous around these partsmaxboost is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I think the ultimate turbo is a Gt3076r with a .63 hot side... mid 600 rwhp all day long at moderate boost. I also drove Bobby's K24/20 g(ported /polished) with a a clipped turbine wheel etc.... at 1.2 bars that car was freakin fast... and I was next to him in my car.

mark
mark those turbos are overkill for a stock motor? i would guess "yes"

looking at tial gt28...no fabbin required

Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
btw had some good conversation w/tony @ EPL!

THANKS

Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maxboost
mark those turbos are overkill for a stock motor? i would guess "yes"

looking at tial gt28...no fabbin required
I think those are the best turbos out there at this time...
Overkill for someone thats not willing to upgrade injectors, maf, intake, intercoolers, etc....
many 30rs have been used on a stock motor... and even the 997 TTs that are boosted are being fitted with gt3076rs or 3071s...
I dont like Tial gt28s.. but thats my personal opinion sahred by my tuner and my close friend who put on more turbos on his cars then most tuners
markski

click to view

Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I think those are the best turbos out there at this time...
Overkill for someone thats not willing to upgrade injectors, maf, intake, intercoolers, etc....
many 30rs have been used on a stock motor... and even the 997 TTs that are boosted are being fitted with gt3076rs or 3071s...
I dont like Tial gt28s.. but thats my personal opinion sahred by my tuner and my close friend who put on more turbos on his cars then most tuners
markski

part number for those gt30?

ill do injector inline pump.....

maf? whos?

thanks

kinda wanna get a parts list...

i have a 1000rwhp c5 automatic so not looking to break any land speed records from the 996...look for a liitle more juice

Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by maxboost
part number for those gt30?
D
Here is a set I have... these are good for up to 800 rwhp. they are custom made by Block turbo...
I can testify that not every Garret turbo is the same.... thats why getting a good company to put a set together is upmost of importance...

click to view

Old 07-30-2008, 03:06 AM
deandob is infamous around these parts
Tony, are you still selling the K16/16G kits? You have not been responding to my emails.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deandob
Tony, are you still selling the K16/16G kits? You have not been responding to my emails.

Yes we are. I just checked and haven't received an email from you since the late May, didnt we speak on MSN on Friday? Please resend anything that may have have not made it to me and CC sales@eplabs.net as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Tony,

Can you give some detail on how some of these work?
launch control (assume it's a rev-limiter in first when the clutch is depressed?)
trip computer recalibration (what does this mean?).
-You are correct about the launch control. You hold the clutch and gas to the floor and the engine stalls at a specific rpm.

-Left foot braking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-foot_braking

-Trip computer recalibration.
Your mpg/trip computer are based off having stock injectors and maf in the car. When you add big injectors, 5 bar, ect your trip computer is no longer accurate. I recalibrate this so it can be used practically again.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:54 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
-You are correct about the launch control. You hold the clutch and gas to the floor and the engine stalls at a specific rpm.
Isn't that nothing more than a rev limiter? If not, how much boost are you building?

Old 07-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Isn't that nothing more than a rev limiter? If not, how much boost are you building?
That is exactly what a 2-step is Jamie. I know your from the Supra world where you have Anti-Lag setups, but coming from the Mustang world where we use 2-Steps, its basically a soft rev-limiter that allows us to build boost. Though I know a lot of Stand Alone setups have started to add the anti-lag feature that you see with the AEM, etc. It is a pretty sick feature!

For those interested in what exactly an anti-lag can do... Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGSnI_TMQFk

BTW: Congrats Chris and Tony. That is some insane power! Now when are you going to make it to Houston!!

Last edited by Powell; 07-30-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
As Powell already said above....Its a basic 2 step.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ari
If you do roll-on racing, you can also use it to build load/resistance/boost while you are keeping pace before the go.

It's like your driving uphill until you let go of the brake.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
That is exactly what a 2-step is Jamie. I know your from the Supra world where you have Anti-Lag setups, but coming from the Mustang world where we use 2-Steps, its basically a soft rev-limiter that allows us to build boost.
I think you're confusing a 2-step with anti-lag. A 2 step rev-limiter (ignition cut) won't really build boost....that's why I asked how much boost they were building. If there's no anti-lag, then I don't see the need for a 2-step on a turbo car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EPL 630cc file w/ 24/18g turbos, impressions and dyno sheets