996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EPL 630cc file w/ 24/18g turbos, impressions and dyno sheets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:02 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Consider calling Tony @ EPL and he'll give you the run down.... too much web-based stuff adds to confusion.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
Consider calling Tony @ EPL and he'll give you the run down.... too much web-based stuff adds to confusion.
No, I agree, was just curious, that's all. If in fact he's cutting timing/adding fuel to build boost with the stock ECU....I'm sure he could do it for my S4....which I would be very interested in....

Old 07-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
No, I agree, was just curious, that's all. If in fact he's cutting timing/adding fuel to build boost with the stock ECU....I'm sure he could do it for my S4....which I would be very interested in....
Im almost done with this in the s4 code as well. Let me know when your s4 is all set. I can help Mike get it into your ecu .

Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Im almost done with this in the s4 code as well. Let me know when your s4 is all set. I can help Mike get it into your ecu .
Ok, cool. Mike and I should have it on the dyno in a few weeks. Hopefully everything goes well. Has Mike and Kurt shared with you their revised GT28 code? Did you help them at all?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Ok, cool. Mike and I should have it on the dyno in a few weeks. Hopefully everything goes well. Has Mike and Kurt shared with you their revised GT28 code? Did you help them at all?
Nope, Mike and I dont share, but I know him fairly well.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Great work ...Tony

Old 07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
very freaking nice! Chirs your a monster. Can't wait to see the car again.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
And Tony Does it again !!
Great stuff
Elliot

Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Former Vendor
Tym Switzer is infamous around these parts
Nice power Chris/Tony! Congrats... should be a lot of fun!

All the best,

Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry guys couldn't make it to the track last night I was beat.
I am going wed for sure I will keep you guys posted.
I will also post a in car video of the launch control in action.

Chris Green

Old 07-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Cool feature. This is a rev limiter that engages in first gear with the clutch depressed by limiting RPMs with the throttle body wide open. It can prespool your turbos in a way that may be impossible using the pedals. It is a feature that comes standard on the 997 GT2, is mostly utilized in paddle shifted cars, but is most efffective on turbocharged cars.

Chris, what RPM do you have your launch control programmed at? How much boost do you see with the clutch depressed?

Isn't that nothing more than a rev limiter? If not, how much boost are you building?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 07-31-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
Cool feature. This is a rev limiter that engages in first gear with the clutch depressed by limiting RPMs with the throttle body wide open. It can prespool your turbos in a way that may be impossible using the pedals. It is a feature that comes standard on the 997 GT2, is mostly utilized in paddle shifted cars, but is most efffective on turbocharged cars.

Chris, what RPM do you have your launch control programmed at? How much boost do you see with the clutch depressed?

Right now its set at 5k, which is a little to high. I will have to check the boost gauge I would guess 2-5psi it makes.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Is it required to drop the motor when doing injectors?

I would figure 5K is probably too high. Due to the pre-spool, the car makes more torque than if you rev it up to 5K and dump the clutch.

The fun part is figuring it out. I'm betting somewhere between 3500 and 4250? At the same time, you don't want to set it too low so that you leave some room for judgment and stickier tires.

Sound like great fun! Keep us updated!

Originally Posted by Chris Green
Right now its set at 5k, which is a little to high. I will have to check the boost gauge I would guess 2-5psi it makes.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 08-01-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:08 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
wow, very impressive numbers... cant wait to see what it does at the drag strip

Old 08-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by ari
Is it required to drop the motor when doing injectors?

I would figure 5K is probably too high. Due to the pre-spool, the car makes more torque than if you rev it up to 5K and dump the clutch.

The fun part is figuring it out. I'm betting somewhere between 3500 and 4250? At the same time, you don't want to set it too low so that you leave some room for judgment and stickier tires.

Sound like great fun! Keep us updated!
I think 4000-4250 is going to be where I need it, I took a video of the 2 step in action tonight I will post it in the morning.

Chris Green

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EPL 630cc file w/ 24/18g turbos, impressions and dyno sheets