996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chicago Motorcars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Craig,

You need to find a good independent shop. PM me for my number, give me a call and I will help you out (I am actually being serious now).
Sean, help this guy out so he will stop telling everyne that the motor is busted.
Put some 104 and boost it to 1.2 bars... then tell us how it feels...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-02-2008, 02:52 PM
craiginco is infamous around these parts
Already on the transport

The car is already on a covered transport back to Chicago Motorcars. If anyone is interested in buying it, please contact Parin. Maybe he will call me back if he has a buyer???

Old 08-02-2008, 02:58 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Craig, just curious... is this your first modified car?

Someone should no doubt buy this car for the 80k you paid.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:06 PM
First modified car - no

This is not my first modified car. I had a 2003 911 twin turbo with software, intake and exhaust. It was awesome, fast and very nice interior/exterior. I traded that for a 2003 Ferrari which I still have but as everyone knows, is not the fastest car by any means. So my need for speed brought me to this car. Parin described it as a extremely clean exterior and interior that was very fast on pump fuel and an absolute monster on higher octane. I would describe the car as nothing but a track car. The interior has seen some wear as has the exterior - surprising for a 16k mile car. Like I have said, this car is perfect for someone who can work on it themselves or has someone to work on it for them. It is a race car - pure and simple. It is just not the car I was looking for.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Craig,

So basically you are saying that the car you have is a true functional race car with all the aspects that a race car has. Does that means, it accelerate real fast, brakes like if you were hitting a wall and handles like a go kart ? However, it's not comfortable because of the suspension, it's making noise because of special parts in the cluth system and some of the interior parts has been removed/reinstalled to accomodate special parts ?

Well, You are returning the car because it's not what you were looking for or is it because of real mechanical failure for being a "700 Hp car".. What do you expect ?

Bo

Old 08-02-2008, 03:27 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by craiginco
This is not my first modified car. I had a 2003 911 twin turbo with software, intake and exhaust. It was awesome, fast and very nice interior/exterior. I traded that for a 2003 Ferrari which I still have but as everyone knows, is not the fastest car by any means. So my need for speed brought me to this car. Parin described it as a extremely clean exterior and interior that was very fast on pump fuel and an absolute monster on higher octane. I would describe the car as nothing but a track car. The interior has seen some wear as has the exterior - surprising for a 16k mile car. Like I have said, this car is perfect for someone who can work on it themselves or has someone to work on it for them. It is a race car - pure and simple. It is just not the car I was looking for.
It may be fast and handle like a race car, but it is a street and streetable car. You probably just need to go back to a stage 2 turbo like you had before, and is what I have and think is too slow.

The moral of this story appears to be: If you have buyer's remorse, pretend like something is broken!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Let's let this lie guys.

Suffice it to say it wasn't what he expected it to be. He's obviously had the same exact car before and had certain expectations.

I'm not sure I would want a car that has been known to be regularly street raced, hit the drags and pulled 10.1s, etc.. if I found out after the fact.

Fixed up is one thing. Abused is another. Where the lines cross is of course gray matter and subjective.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ari
He's obviously had the same exact car before and had certain expectations.
Uh... no. This car is not anything like his Stage 2 car and he should have figured that out. You can't put all the onus on the dealer.

Okay... now I'm done.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I have the full story on this car...no expense spared it has custom 20/24's and the full Proto 700 system. Todd was flown in to tune it.

I was going to offer my car for it and 25K cash (it would beat Paulie and Dennis, he he) but too late now.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
I understand that Proto built it and that Marksi knows the car well, however no one knows the condition of the car NOW. Unless Marksi saw the car before it was loaded on the trailer to the new owner than there may very well be an issue with it whether it be mechanical or visual or both.

It may be a POS now, than again it may not

Christian

Old 08-02-2008, 04:37 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
Actually the proper term is " ******bag "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******bag

A ****** is a device used to introduce a stream of water into the body for medical or hygienic reasons, or the stream of water itself. The word comes from the French language, in which its principal meaning is a shower (it is thus a notorious false friend encountered by non-native speakers of English; the phrase for vaginal douching is ****** vaginale, meaning vaginal shower).
The word can refer to the rinsing of any body cavity but usually applies to vaginal irrigation, rinsing of the vagina. A ****** bag is a piece of equipment for douching: a bag for holding the water or fluid used in douching (the term ****** bag can also be used as an insult; see below for slang uses). To avoid transferring intestinal bacteria into the vagina, the same bag must not be used for a vaginal ****** and an enema.

I'm liking the new, in your face, Markski.....
When KPG submits a post, it usually worth reading. Good to see you around.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
When KPG submits a post, it usually worth reading. Good to see you around.
Yeah... LOl but in the night club scene like I am we have a different vocabulary LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Yeah... LOl but in the night club scene like I am we have a different vocabulary LOL
No douchbagery in the rave scene?

I doubt that

Old 08-03-2008, 09:22 AM
100% guaranteed

Craig is a completely lying about half of the issues he is claiming, The car arrived in Colorado to be PPI'd by a porsche dealer of his choice. Jim and Justin(service writers at stevenson porsche) who I spoke to for 1 hr on the phone basically said Craig is having Buyers Remorse. I wished he would have called me to tell me he doesn't like the car, rather than making a bunch of bull**** up. The CLUTCH is BRAND NEW, I was the last one to drive the car before it left for CO. The shattering noise comes with any HIGH HP PORSCHE THAT REQUIRES a NON factory clutch and lightened flywheel. The clutch is perfect. The real Complaint by PORSCHE was that the car has 1 small oil leak from a fitting and a line.. Which I will gladly pay for which craig is aware of. Only thing is that porsche will not guarantee and work because the car is modified. I have over 25 6 speed online members that saw the car is the showroom. This car is far from being POOR. Craig also mentioned that the michelin pilot cups were bald. thats when they start working. At that time I also offered to reinburse him for any tires of his choice. He told me the Interior was shot, the engine has multiple issues, clutch is messed up, bumper is repainted (which I told him the bumper is repainted) Stevenson porsche said they never said the engine has multipe issues, never said the interior has problems, I don't understand how seats are worn when the seats that were in the car were gt3 seats that I sold 1 1/2 ago for the previous owner. I just got home from out of town. I will be calling craig in the morning and Will post results.

Well I am still waiting to hear from Parin or CMC. All issues aside, as they have been covered. I think dodging your customers calls and emails is pretty bad. I have offered to pay for all shipping cahrges to and from (about $2500) to get out of this car and CMC loses nothing. From the first 30 minutes of PPI, I was on the phone with Parin telling him the car was unacceptable. You have stated in the above that you are going to call me and work it out. Let's do that. Stand behind your product and your guarantees.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:50 AM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
I actually took a picture of that same white porsche when I went to Jackie Cooper a few months back. Car was disgusting, wheels were rashed. I'm sure its fast but it didn't look well maintained when I saw it in the back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago Motorcars