996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chicago Motorcars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by torment
I actually took a picture of that same white porsche when I went to Jackie Cooper a few months back. Car was disgusting, wheels were rashed. I'm sure its fast but it didn't look well maintained when I saw it in the back.
what are you freaking smoking? those wheels are perfect HRE C21s.... and brand new MPSCs... I saw them too a few months ago and I even drove the car.
I actually made a comment to the owner about the nice rims...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 08-03-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 AM
CHAOS236 is infamous around these partsCHAOS236 is infamous around these parts
Post this on Rennlist !

Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 AM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
what are you freaking smoking? those wheels are perfect HRE C21s.... and brand new MPSCs... I saw them too a few months ago and I even drove the car.
I actually made a comment to the owner about the nice rims...
Didn't look so nice to me...it was parked behind the dealership. I was actually there to check out all the hail-damaged MBs but happened to see that one parked around the back. You don't have to believe me but I live in Tulsa and walked right up to the car. Oh well...

Last edited by torment; 08-03-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:25 PM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
Craig,

I don't want you to think that I am avoiding you. I just lost my respect for you when Jim and Justin talked to me, If it was buyers remorse or the fact that you made a mistake by buying the car. I wished you would have said that to me so it didn't go this way and hundreds up people didn't get involved and now I have to explain on the forums why you returned the car. . As soon as the car arrives. I will call you and we can conclude this. I am just so dissapointed you would go so far to lie, threaten, & post on the forums. I never once sweared at you or go back on my word to make something right. I strongly believe as soon as the car arrives back here, we will be able to put this to bed. I thank you for emailing and letting me know that the car is on it's way back. As soon as we resolve this please Let everyone know the truth, for example (interior of the car, exterior of the car, multiply engine problems, clutch issues, being a piece of ****.) Stevenson Porsche did state car needed (small oil leak, battery, new tires) to be fixed.... WHICH ALL OF THESE ITEMS I WOULD HAVE PAID FOR.

Thanks
Parin Shah
630.333.6266 mobile
630.221.1800 office

Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Didn't look so nice to me...it was parked behind the dealership. I was actually there to check out all the hail-damaged MBs but happened to see that one parked around the back. You don't have to believe me but I live in Tulsa and walked right up to the car. Oh well...
Mind you this is a 2001 porsche not a 2008. And even with that said, this car was very well maintained. Maybe it rained, the car sat outside? trust me I saw the car a few times and I even touched it LOL

click to view

Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
craiginco is infamous around these parts
Cmc

I did get an email from Parin today who said we will resolve the issue when the car arrives back. I hope that happens. Will let everyone know. As I said to Parin and it has become very obvious in these posts. Some people that have seen the car love it because of the motor and are very much less concerned about the condition of the interior/exterior/tires/wheels. While others expect a Porsche to be a bit more and have said what I said which is the car was too rough for my taste. That car may be perfect for someone who has a mechanic who will work on it and wants a race car. Just advertise the car as that and the right person will buy it.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:48 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Mind you this is a 2001 porsche not a 2008. And even with that said, this car was very well maintained. Maybe it rained, the car sat outside? trust me I saw the car a few times and I even touched it LOL
+1 . I saw this car just about 3 weeks ago,believe me i live 5 miles from Parin's showroom. The car was flawless inside - out. I havent driven the car , but was cosmetically in great condition.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
I'm with Craig here guys. He found a car marketed as perfect, but got a half perfect car instead with a PPI that didn't come back perfect. Even though PPI's aren't the best choice for determining the mechanical condition of modded cars, what else can he do? A PPI can at least give you a better idea of the cars condition, a better idea then you would be able to get just from looking or driving the car. Even though CMC offered to pay for the imperfections - he no longer wants it. That's his choice, he's taking a $2,500 hit and shipping it back in a covered trailer. Take the car back and sell it, you have many people interested in the car here on the forums.

As for CMC and Parin Shah. You avoided this guy because you lost respect for him? That's the worse excuse I've ever heard for not getting back to a customer. More then likely, if he hadn't posted on this forum and called you out and gotten the attention of the entire forum you would have never returned his phone calls or emails. He didn't personally attack you or attempt to deface your business reputation, he just doesn't want the car - something a customer has the right to.

Now are the things he said about the car true? Who knows, it looks like that is a very big debate right now. A few people say to have seen the car is poor condition most recently, while a few say it is flawless. Who do you believe?

Last edited by Mr.PS; 08-03-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:11 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
I'm with Craig here guys. He found a car marketed as perfect, but got a half perfect car instead with a PPI that didn't come back perfect. Even though PPI's aren't the best choice for determining the mechanical condition of modded cars, what else can he do? A PPI can at least give you a better idea of the cars condition, a better idea then you would be able to get just from looking or driving the car. Even though CMC offered to pay for the imperfections - he no longer wants it. That's his choice, he's taking a $2,500 hit and shipping it back in a covered trailer. Take the car back and sell it, you have many people interested in the car here on the forums.

As for CMC and Parin Shah. You avoided this guy because you lost respect for him? That's the worse excuse I've ever heard for not getting back to a customer. More then likely, if he hadn't posted on this forum and called you out and gotten the attention of the entire forum you would have never returned his phone calls or emails. He didn't personally attack you or attempt to deface your business reputation, he just doesn't want the car - something a customer has the right to.

Now are the things he said about the car true? Who knows, it looks like that is a very big debate right now. A few people say to have seen the car is poor condition most recently, while a few say it is flawless. Who do you believe?
Simple question:

why did he BUY the car, THEN get the PRE-purchase inspection?

Had he flown to Chicago and drove the car, gotten a PPI there, it would be a non-issue. (If you are so busy you cannot take the time, buy new cars.)

Once he BOUGHT the car he owned it. Arguments over the conditon are really not the point now!

Finally, can you please tell me the basis for your statement that returning a car is "something a customer has the right to." [do]? He has the right to sue over a variety of POSSIBLE issues, but no "right" to return the car if the purchase contract did not include that provision.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ard
Simple question:

why did he BUY the car, THEN get the PRE-purchase inspection?

Had he flown to Chicago and drove the car, gotten a PPI there, it would be a non-issue. (If you are so busy you cannot take the time, buy new cars.)

Once he BOUGHT the car he owned it. Arguments over the conditon are really not the point now!

Finally, can you please tell me the basis for your statement that returning a car is "something a customer has the right to." [do]? He has the right to sue over a variety of POSSIBLE issues, but no "right" to return the car if the purchase contract did not include that provision.
I should apologize, I was under the impression that he has not yet purchased the car, but was currently in the process of doing so. If he had purchased it, then yes it looks like buyers remorse. In which CMC does should not have to accept it back. I probably would accept it back as a dealer just to keep the customer happy and avoid the forum drama, but that's just me.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

Damn, that car does look like it's been through a ****storm....wheel and exhaust tips look like they have haven't been cared for in a long time. Paint is hard to judge in that pic. Too bad, sounds like it used to be a nice car in a rare color.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Guys

I JUST looked at this car. Touched it and all.

It is in perfect shape. Not a ding or scratch. The rims are perfect. THe tires are shot (this was known)

It has supple leather interior and as we all know the supple looks pretty bad after a while anyway. This supple was in great shape as supple goes.

I took pictures and will post as soon as I can get to a place to download them.

PS: Not even a scrape on the front spoiler.

PPS: It is NOT on a covered carrier as stated earlier

Parin sold a good car.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:16 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I'm also with Craig. I have delt with this company and felt that my purchase was not properly represented and they will avoid customer service and satisfaction.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:26 PM
6speedkaz is infamous around these parts6speedkaz is infamous around these parts
so is this car for sale again?
when i saw it originally for sale, all i thought was this would be a perfect track car/street beast

Old 08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Damn, that car does look like it's been through a ****storm....wheel and exhaust tips look like they have haven't been cared for in a long time. Paint is hard to judge in that pic. Too bad, sounds like it used to be a nice car in a rare color.
Jamie,
that car ran on race gas.... mostly 104 to C16... no 02 sensors...
that pic was at a dealer when the car stood for a few days...it probably rained etc... heck, if I let my car stand outside with same rims that I have for a few days they will look like ****. A wash and polish is all it takes. I know this car personally and I seen it when it had 100 miles less then what it does now... trust me.... its very well taken care of...
I personally looked at the rims becasue they were identical to mine.. there was no scratches...
look at the pic I have of it...

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago Motorcars