996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chicago Motorcars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Mark on this one!

I flew all the way from UK, just to touch it too!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:14 PM
turbobob is infamous around these parts
I really can't comment on the condition of the car as I as well as everyone else that is just looking at photos would be wasting their time talking about condition. BUT, how could anyone buy a car and not make arrangements with a local shop to do a PPI? All it takes is a call to the local PCA and they would have given several good places that are familiar with modified cars to take the car. If a guy has enough money to have a Ferrari and be buying a TT why wouldn't he just hop on a plane and take a look at it? This guy is just not a smart or informed buyer. After looking at the list of mods why would he think this car was going to run and drive like a stock car. Me thinks he has much more money than SENSE!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:55 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbobob
I really can't comment on the condition of the car as I as well as everyone else that is just looking at photos would be wasting their time talking about condition. BUT, how could anyone buy a car and not make arrangements with a local shop to do a PPI? All it takes is a call to the local PCA and they would have given several good places that are familiar with modified cars to take the car. If a guy has enough money to have a Ferrari and be buying a TT why wouldn't he just hop on a plane and take a look at it? This guy is just not a smart or informed buyer. After looking at the list of mods why would he think this car was going to run and drive like a stock car. Me thinks he has much more money than SENSE!
You speak the truth!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
That car looks real nice from the pictures posted on Chicago Motors website. What does the buyer expected to get from a heavily modded 7 yo car????

Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Eric 993TT is infamous around these parts
I recently purchased a car from Parin and CMC. I was satisfied with the car and their service. Although they are very busy and may not always get back to you immediately, I found them to be straight up and easy to deal with. No high pressure sales. They treated me well. Shipped my car as scheduled and no major problems. When the spare key for the car went missing, they promised to find it or get a new one. They finally did buy me a new one so everything was cool. I would buy from them again.

For this situation. I think one should always go and look at the car before purchasing. Otherwise don't complain once you receive it. One person's definition of perfect may not be another's. As someone said earlier, it's a 7 yr old car so age definitely plays a factor.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Here are the pictures I took today

Attached Images     
Old 08-04-2008, 05:34 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
me thinks u can trust markski, i'd buy the car rite now if i didn't have it''s twin

Old 08-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve harris
me thinks u can trust markski, i'd buy the car rite now if i didn't have it''s twin
That car will blow the doors off of every single stock motor build out that I'm aware of ....trust me I know....
That car has a lot of care put into it.... Bobby is a perfectionist.... lets put it this way.... he goes as far as switching 3 sets of custom turbos just to achieve desired results....
This is the first K24/20g custom lightweight compressor housing with a clipped turbine wheel on a P car... that was the final product that went into it after a few tests and trials...
This is the turbo set up Tuners do not want you to know about.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 08-04-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:12 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Small Shrimp
Here are the pictures I took today

These pics look much better, but pics are always hard to judge good or bad. Regardless, sounds like it's a perfect mod car to buy if the price is right....

Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Bottom line; I wouldn't buy ANY car sight unseen or by photograph, regardless of the size of my bank account. When I bought my 2, I flew down to Fla, drove it to Champion Porsche (20 minute ride), where they put the car on the lift and the mechanic and I did a thorough inspection, to include checking the ECU for over revs. The car only had 4900 miles so how much could be wrong with it, but you never know. When the car checked out, I stroked the check and arranged for intercity to pick her up. I couldn't do it any other way and have peace of mind.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:02 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
What a wasted thread bash on CMC.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
These pics look much better, but pics are always hard to judge good or bad. Regardless, sounds like it's a perfect mod car to buy if the price is right....
I personally looked at this car and ran my hands over it. It is in great physical shape. No dings or dents. The interior is perfect considering it is 6 years old and supple leather. The guys that drove the car there told me that it is well within parameters of what this monster should be like. A LTWF takes some getting use to. I had one in my e39 M5 and it was a challenge to master.

I just think the guy bought more than he bargained for.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
Let the FACTS speak for themselves. Obviously another ruse in the scheme of things the car is still sitting there and was never shipped back or put on a transport truck!!! ENOUGH SAID!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:04 PM

This is the email I recieved from Craig on 8/3/08 @ 1:39 pm

Parin-
First of all I apologize for letting my temper get the best of me, this has been a very stressful experience as I was really looking forward to this car and I was really disappointed by it. I would love to go back on 6speed and post that you did what you said you would. I was not there for Jim or Justin's conversation with you but they did say to me that the car had an oil leak, a clutch issue and the tire issue. In addition to that, I just think that we disagree on the vehicle condition and it may be as simple as you saying its a 2001 and me saying it looks like a 2001 car where as a Porsche, there are a lot of 2001 Porsches that are in great condition and this is not one of them. As you can see from postings, 1/2 the people that have actually seen the car said it was fine and 1/2 said it looked like it had been abused. Different people are going to see this car in different ways.

We can go back and forth on the condition of the car but the bottom line is it is not what was advertised and not at all what I wanted. Someone who wants one of the fastest 911's out there who doesn't care as much about the condition of the car will buy this. It just is not me. To me, the condition of the interior/exterior is just as important as the motor. I will also say that whatever Jim has said to you, he has said to me that no work would ever be guaranteed and that is also something that may work for someone else but not me. I would recommend that you explain what this car is and that dealers will not want to work on it so you do get the right buyer for it.

Craig Rosebery

In a message dated 8/3/2008 12:23:38 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, chicagomotorcars@yahoo.com writes:
Craig,

I don't want you to think that I am avoiding you. I just lost my respect for you when Jim and Justin talked to me, If it was buyers remorse or the fact that you made a mistake by buying the car. I wished you would have said that to me so it didn't go this way and hundreds up people didn't get involved and now I have to explain on the forums why you returned the car. . As soon as the car arrives. I will call you and we can conclude this. I am just so dissapointed you would go so far to lie, threaten, & post on the forums. I never once sweared at you or go back on my word to make something right. I strongly believe as soon as the car arrives back here, we will be able to put this to bed. I thank you for emailing and letting me know that the car is on it's way back. As soon as we resolve this please Let everyone know the truth, for example (interior of the car, exterior of the car, multiply engine problems, clutch issues, being a piece of ****.)

Thanks
Parin Shah
630.333.6266 mobile
630.221.1800 office

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 PM
My other Question is, if this car is on it's way back to me why are people at the dealership driving the car and telling others that the car is great?????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago Motorcars