996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chicago Motorcars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned
ss360 is infamous around these parts
not the 1st time they have had a bad rap on this site. Anybody remember the GT2 with frame damage.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned
ss360 is infamous around these parts
Bottom line! When theres smoke theres fire!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fkim011
That is TOTAL BS. I'm glad you blasted them on this forum and they have been proven over and over again that they only post on this forum to cover there *****! Please keep us updated on the saga.

REAL PROFESSIONAL CMC.
^exactly, now I know I won't be doing with CMC.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
CMC is a sponsor on L4P also

Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
craiginco is infamous around these parts
Just to be clear

And as for the buyers remorse comment from a few uninformed on these boards.
In the past 3 years:
BoxsterS
BMW M3
Porche 911 Turbo
Mercedes SL55
Hummer
BMW X5
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Gallardo
Porche 911 Turbo X50

I guess I've done a few deals so I think I know when it is good or bad. Never had a problem with any dealer - ever. As far as CMC is concerned, make your own opinion. Today they even faxed me "duplicates of checks" dated over 10 days ago. Hmmmm, maybe the USPS has shut down due to gas prices. Last time I sent 20K or more, I did it UPS overnight but I guess that is why I have a successful business. Do what you say I always say...

So, the last car is a Porsche 911 X-50, exactly as advertised, great condition and I love it. I apparently still own the CMC 911 and this one as well as 4 other cars.
I love cars, just not a fan of being taking advantage of. I'm 100% sure if I go to Chicago this will be straightened out.

Attached Images    

Last edited by craiginco; 09-05-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Craig

I have held my tongue on this but when are you going to let this die?

It takes time to get titles released, renamed, funds and notarized documents transfered etc. How long did the car take to get back there? 10 days or so? Then monies needed to go back and forth with proper signatures etc. Is he hard to get a hold of, yup. I had those issues when I bought mine. And why the listing of your cars? Who cares. No matter how many you buy you can make an oops. Hell if I had to think about it I have owned 16+ BMW's 8 Porsches Various Audi's and VW's etc.

And I know a bit about the screwed up world of titles in CO. Maybe you read about or heard of Rockymountain Autosport. The guys that were taking multiple loans on titles and when the feds showed up he killed himself. It took me over a year of fighting the systems to get MY title for the BMW back. Its not an overnight thing EVEN IF you go from the DMV to the Department of Revenue yourself (ask me how I know).

CMC did a wonderful job by me on the issues I had with my car. And you have made your point. I mean how long were the monies tied up in this car? You and your bank paid CMC but CMC could not do anything with the $$ till you OK'd the car. Then you bailed on the deal, took a while to get it back to them (they could not sell a car they did not have) and talked the car down and hurt its resale. I looked that car over and aside from tires there was zero wrong. So in MY opinion you tied up their assets $$$ and Car for several months and they made you whole in the end. They lost out but did the right thing.

Jut my .02. You can look me up at the car meet tomorrow to continue this discussion if you wish.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Well said.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Lefty TT is infamous around these parts
Well for whats it worth...I had made a deal with CMC on a Mercedes CLS 550 with 9k for milage. I told them that I would be flying in from NY to ck out the car and to paint meter it so please not to waste my time. They assured me that their would be no problems and the car was perfect. Not the case. The meter came up with paint work in two spots. It then took their manager over 45 mins to even get to the car...alright, we all get busy but this was pretty agrivating as I am sitting there with 78K and only an hour to get back on the plane. The "mgr" said the best he would do was to take $500.00 off the car...or about $200 less then my airfare. I told him that this was no way to do business and he gave me the same "we sell thousands of cars blah blah blah". I don't care if you sell millions, this was wrong. With that he wouldn't even pay for the promised taxi fee. Anyone here in business knows that when you treat customers in this manner word travels...quickly. I am glad that they are getting the recognition for what they are.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:20 PM
hatnlvr is a jewel in the roughhatnlvr is a jewel in the roughhatnlvr is a jewel in the roughhatnlvr is a jewel in the rough
You know I jumped into this thread because I have been looking at 996's and CMC was one of the dealers I have been checking out. It is obvious that both buyer and seller have fault in this issue (that's obvious after reading all 9 pages).

Irregardless of who is at fault I have to say some peoples responses have been extremely childish and uncalled for. Whether you have a personal connection to the vehicle sold or not there is a proper and professional matter to carry yourself and calling the guy names and curses is definitely not one of them. We are all adults here and you can make your point without name calling and blasting people.

Thankfully the original poster never responded to the attacks even though they were continually launched throughout the post.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
What's a paint meter?

this? http://www.paintthicknessgauges.com/

Originally Posted by Lefty TT
Well for whats it worth...I had made a deal with CMC on a Mercedes CLS 550 with 9k for milage. I told them that I would be flying in from NY to ck out the car and to paint meter it so please not to waste my time. They assured me that their would be no problems and the car was perfect. Not the case. The meter came up with paint work in two spots. It then took their manager over 45 mins to even get to the car...alright, we all get busy but this was pretty agrivating as I am sitting there with 78K and only an hour to get back on the plane. The "mgr" said the best he would do was to take $500.00 off the car...or about $200 less then my airfare. I told him that this was no way to do business and he gave me the same "we sell thousands of cars blah blah blah". I don't care if you sell millions, this was wrong. With that he wouldn't even pay for the promised taxi fee. Anyone here in business knows that when you treat customers in this manner word travels...quickly. I am glad that they are getting the recognition for what they are.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Lefty TT is infamous around these parts
Yes, that is what a paint meter is. I have found it to be helpful when your not a pro in order to determine if any paint work has been performed on the vehicle you are considering puchasing. This was a perfect example.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
FerrariPlayboy is infamous around these parts
I have heard good things about Chicago Motorcars. I guess not everyone is happy when spending $80k on a car

Old 09-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I almost bought a 993TT at CMC, but decided to get a 996TT instead. I had put down a deposit, that they refunded no questions asked. I'd do business with them.

John

Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
craiginco is infamous around these parts
We're half way there

I got my 18.5K check today after 2 months from CMC. Most would say too long but I'll just say that I got it. I think that the other 62K will be paid as it is a lean on the car so I'm hoping I am through with this nightmare.

My advice to everyone out there is no matter the costs involved, go see a car before purchasing on the Internet. Don't believe 100% guaranteed because you can get a 100% guaranteed hassle.

I did get a new 911 X-50 so to the idiots who were calling buyers remorse, shut up..

And for Tim who said let it die, REALLY... Give me 80K and I'll give it back to you when I feel like it or maybe not. I'll just keep you guessing. This fiasco has cost me about 5K for nothing. I had a friend who had the Lambo from RMM and I know what he had to do to get paperwork - knowing that, why would you harp on me for wanting my checks?? I wouldn't still be posting if CMC had paid me when they said. If it was going to take 2 months, fine, say it, but they kept saying, checks are written and sent. You want to continue this conversation - anytime. I'll be the 260lb. guy that you are running from, typical brave Internet bravado.

Last edited by craiginco; 09-08-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by craiginco
I got my 18.5K check today after 2 months from CMC. Most would say too long but I'll just say that I got it. I think that the other 62K will be paid as it is a lean on the car so I'm hoping I am through with this nightmare.

My advice to everyone out there is no matter the costs involved, go see a car before purchasing on the Internet. Don't believe 100% guaranteed because you can get a 100% guaranteed hassle.

I did get a new 911 X-50 so to the idiots who were calling buyers remorse, shut up..

And for Tim who said let it die, REALLY... Give me 80K and I'll give it back to you when I feel like it or maybe not. I'll just keep you guessing. This fiasco has cost me about 5K for nothing. I had a friend who had the Lambo from RMM and I know what he had to do to get paperwork - knowing that, why would you harp on me for wanting my checks?? I wouldn't still be posting if CMC had paid me when they said. If it was going to take 2 months, fine, say it, but they kept saying, checks are written and sent. You want to continue this conversation - anytime. I'll be the 260lb. guy that you are running from, typical brave Internet bravado.
I am glad you received your check today, I apoligize it took 10 days not 2 months, come on man! I have only had the car back for 2 Weeks. Craig you PROMISED to me that you would post that the car is Fine and Simply the car was a different animal than you expected. I don't have anything against Craig. I am glad that it worked out this way. I think the person looking for a FAST CLEAN & REPUTABLE 996 Turbo will enjoy this car.

As for this thread, I know everyone will take 2 Sides. I appreciate all that defend me. But the Reality is that the BUYER & SELLER will always work it out.

Lets put this to an END!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago Motorcars