996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

KeithTA Protomotive 997 vs. Chris Green USP 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Keith,

I run up to a peak (on the Greddy) of 1.44 bar. I run exclusively MS109 unleaded from
VP Racing fuels. I have the extra fuel pump on my car and Todd's complete fuel system.
I understand that the 997TT has an amazing stock fuel system but I do not know how high you can run safely. I actually ran my highest boost ever at the TX Mile which was by far the hardest longest run on my car. I turn the boost down at Road Courses so that it peaks under 1.3 bar (I target a peak of 1.25 to 1.29). Using consistent fuel
(in my case, I buy sealed drums direct from VP local distributor), and I watch the peak boost every time I go out. In Minnesota, we have huge daily swings in temp, (ex. it may
be 64 degrees early in the am and 94 later in the day). I just know from what Todd told me that your car should beat that other car (which should be "similar" to my car).
I also know that anyone that has run a 10 second quarter, or a fast 60-130 (say sub 6.5 second), has run MORE than peak boost of 1.3 bar, and has run on 18" or 17" !!!!!!!!! drag radials. I may have the quickest/fastest quarter mile run on 19" (11.03 at 134.5 mph).
I also would "guesstimate that
Chris (who's car is very well "optimized") HAS to be running more than 1.3 PEAK and is running race gas.
My car is stock internals and 50,000 miles, 20,000 really hard ones.

Good luck,

MK

when keith ran his car at the track he traped 134.XX.
I was thinking I was around 133-135, I am taking the car to the track on wed and looking to take out that 11.03 on my 19's with street tires.

by the way my car can not run more then 1.35 bar untill tony re tunes it.

the same way I raced keith the other night is 100% the same way its going to the track.

Chris Green

Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Hey Chris

Any 60-130 ran?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green
when keith ran his car at the track he trapped 134.XX
That's awfully low for GT30's.

I trapped 136 in my car when it was a PE700 with K24/18Gs on stock internals..and I was only making around 580 rwhp at 1.3 BAR.

He has to have a boost leak somewhere.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

I trapped 136 in my car when it was a PE700 with K24/18Gs on stock internals..and I was only making around 580 rwhp at 1.3 BAR.

Scott but you also had a significant weight advantage over all of us. I know at 560-580rwhp I trapped a 130 (shoulda/coulda been 131-133 mph if I didn't stall on my launch damn near) @ 3600lbs. Though I was in 90* weather with almost 100% humidity that day. I guess we will see how I do in more optimal weather, but weight and weather does make a huge difference with these cars. I know you know that too, and the 997TT is a real pig itself.

And again PEAK HP DOES NOT MEAN A THING! I don't know why nobody, but a few, get that. My brothers 530rwhp Corvette has beat up on MANY 600-700rwhp cars. Hell hes lost by 2 or less cars that make close to 750-800rwhp. My brothers car on n2o only makes 8xxrwhp, and I know it would handle ANY 996 TT Porsche on this forum. Considering it ran a 10.1 @ 144mph blowing the clutch up during midway through 2nd. With a better 60ft it would have gone 9s without a fully engaging clutch in high gears. I know its hard to believe that a car with less HP can beat a higher HP car, but you've got to look at power all the way across the graph, not just what it peaks out at.

Last edited by Powell; 08-04-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Spoke to Chris and am planning on bringing my car to his shop sometime this week to run a pressure test and go through the diverter valves, turbo piping boost hoses, etc. Well see what turns up.

Keith

Old 08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Scott but you also had a significant weight advantage over all of us.
Bro, my car was only 70 lbs lighter. My car is currently essentially full weight other than RWD conversion and GT3 seats. And back then...I wasn't running GT3 seats. I was running the heavy power/heated/full leather seats...plus heavy-*** HRE bling wheels.

My weather conditions were definitely better than yours (it was 80 degrees when I ran my run)...but my car is not all that light.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-04-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Bro, my car was only 70 lbs lighter. My car is currently essentially full weight other than RWD conversion and GT3 seats. And back then...I wasn't running GT3 seats. I was running the heavy power/heated/full leather seats...plus heavy-*** HRE bling wheels.

My weather conditions were definitely better than yours...but I wasn't much lighter at all.
But the AWD is worth 100-200lbs man. Maybe I am wrong. I've been kicking around taking my AWD stuff out.... ...but I know my father would **** a brick when he sees that I have "ruined" my "investment" anymore LMFAO!!!!

You going to be here at the TX Mile?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
But the AWD is worth 100-200lbs man. Maybe I am wrong.

LOL...I WISH it saved that much weight. RWD conversion only saves 71 lbs. Here's the breakdown:

Front differential 52.0 lbs
Driveshaft 6 lbs, 10 oz.
Half shafts 12 lbs. 2 oz. the pair.
Total = 71.0 lbs.

No, unfortunately I'll be deployed to Africa.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute

What was the ET/Weight with that 136 run? I'll be honest that sounds like a lot of mph for only 580rwhp, I find it hard to believe my car is going to turn more then 135-136 if it does I will be shocked.

did you shift 5th on that pass?

Chris Green

Old 08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by keithta
Spoke to Chris and am planning on bringing my car to his shop sometime this week to run a pressure test and go through the diverter valves, turbo piping boost hoses, etc. Well see what turns up.

Keith
Keith I feel very confident if we spend a day on this car we will find if everything is good or not, I already have a good game plan, I have gone over it with my techs as well. Thursday would be the best day since I am going to the track wed night, I am also running another popular 997TT on thursday night stay tuned

Chris Green

Old 08-05-2008, 05:16 AM
What was the ET/Weight with that 136 run? I'll be honest that sounds like a lot of mph for only 580rwhp, I find it hard to believe my car is going to turn more then 135-136 if it does I will be shocked.

did you shift 5th on that pass?

Chris Green
Chris,

With K24/18Gs, I ran 10.65 @ 136 with a slow 1.8x 60'. Weight was around 3,600 lbs or so with me in the car. The car made 560 rwhp on a dyno-dynamics and 600 rwhp on a dynojet (which I believe to be optimistic), both on much cooler days a few weeks prior. I split the difference between the two dynos and call it 580 rwhp. I was running the same 1.3 BAR on 103 octane on the dynos and at the track. I don't believe I was shifting into 4th back then. My redline was at 7,400 rpm.

Later, with GT30's, I trapped 148 mph and was shifting into 5th. I also ran a best 60-130 time of 4.90 but normally averaged in the 5.2-5.3 range.

I haven't been to the track with my GT35's yet. But I have run 4.67 60-130 and average in the high 4's.

Anyway, no K24/18G car would have ever had a chance in hell against my car when I was running GT30s....which is why I believe Keith's car has a boost leak and/or other issues.

But your car is definitely running extremely well, bro...that's for sure. Its a very fast car!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-05-2008 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
But the AWD is worth 100-200lbs man.

the AWD conversion is worth 73lbs.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:09 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joe,

I might even make a re-cameo (TX Mile), as my Corvette Totin buddy is going and there
might be space in his trailor for me.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Chris,

With K24/18Gs, I ran 10.65 @ 136 with a slow 1.8x 60'. Weight was around 3,600 lbs or so with me in the car. The car made 560 rwhp on a dyno-dynamics and 600 rwhp on a dynojet (which I believe to be optimistic), both on much cooler days a few weeks prior. I split the difference between the two dynos and call it 580 rwhp. I was running the same 1.3 BAR on 103 octane on the dynos and at the track. I don't believe I was shifting into 4th back then. My redline was at 7,400 rpm.

Later, with GT30's, I trapped 148 mph and was shifting into 5th. I also ran a best 60-130 time of 4.90 but normally averaged in the 5.2-5.3 range.

I haven't been to the track with my GT35's yet. But I have run 4.67 60-130 and average in the high 4's.

Anyway, no K24/18G car would have ever had a chance in hell against my car when I was running GT30s....which is why I believe Keith's car has a boost leak and/or other issues.

But your car is definitely running extremely well, bro...that's for sure. Its a very fast car!
Thanks for that info? What tire was that on?
looks like I have my work cut out for me with that 10.65. I am leaving it AWD for the first half of the night at the track if I dont run good I will try pulling the shaft at the track.

Chris Green

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for that info? What tire was that on?
looks like I have my work cut out for me with that 10.65. I am leaving it AWD for the first half of the night at the track if I dont run good I will try pulling the shaft at the track.

Chris Green

Dude who cares how you do on the 1/4 mile.... you beat down a gt30 997tt on the street on video LOL! Wish Mike my best I want to see that evo go 8's. And dont pull your AWD that car is designed for AWD its no gt2. You will kill it on the track AWD cause you got an EPL tune.

S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KeithTA Protomotive 997 vs. Chris Green USP 996