996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

KeithTA Protomotive 997 vs. Chris Green USP 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green
Thanks for that info? What tire was that on?
looks like I have my work cut out for me with that 10.65. I am leaving it AWD for the first half of the night at the track if I dont run good I will try pulling the shaft at the track.

Chris Green
Chris,

I was running what I ran on the street, 295/35 BFG Drag Radials. Although now I run 305/35 Nitto drag radials. The BFG's hook better from a dig, but the Nittos last longer, drive truer and handle extremely well for drag radials. I run Nitto NT01's up front.

IRT to RWD, if you don't go all the way with the conversion, I'd just stay AWD. Just removing the driveshaft isn't worth the effort. But if you do decide to go all the way with the conversion, it's much better than AWD IMO....as long as you properly align and corner-balance the car, and run the right tire.

Most of that are RWD will never go back to AWD. There's a reason for that.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-05-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Chris,

I was running what I ran on the street, 295/35 BFG Drag Radials. Although now I run 305/35 Nitto drag radials. The BFG's hook better from a dig, but the Nittos last longer, drive truer and handle extremely well for drag radials. I run Nitto NT01's up front.

IRT to RWD, if you don't go all the way with the conversion, I'd just stay AWD. Just removing the driveshaft isn't worth the effort. But if you do decide to go all the way with the conversion, it's much better than AWD IMO....as long as you properly align and corner-balance the car, and run the right tire.

Most of that are RWD will never go back to AWD. There's a reason for that.
I had the shaft out when I was stock turbo's, and ran 1.82 60ft but for some reason I feel with the shaft back in, the AWD doesnt help at all.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I had the shaft out when I was stock turbo's, and ran 1.82 60ft but for some reason I feel with the shaft back in, the AWD doesnt help at all.
I agree. When AWD is in, the weight still shifts to the rear during acceleration and you hardly get any traction from the front tires.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-05-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Joe,

I might even make a re-cameo (TX Mile), as my Corvette Totin buddy is going and there
might be space in his trailor for me.
Cool,I will probably be there,are ya gonna do some moddin before then?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:04 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
So did you get to do a quarter run?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Chris was out at the track tonight, it was very hot but I believe his car trapped very well on the few runs I saw. It's definitely a beast, and has a bit left in it. I was very impressed with the tune in the car given what it has, it's a well optimized car that is driven very well. Thanks for the few pointers Chris, I need a bit more practice on the hit but I'm sure I'll get it soon enough.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
What was the highest trap you saw?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I was trapping 97 at the 1/8 and 120 at the 1/4, I know I saw one of Chris's slips and he had trapped 107 to the 1/8 (he defaintely was launching much better than I was). I don't recall seeing another pass other than that but I was busy trying to get my runs in and I know he had other cars he was sorting out as well.

It was VERY hot out as well, I can't wait for winter to come so we can get some better air and track temps to play with.

Last edited by onelove; 08-06-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by onelove
I was trapping 97 at the 1/8 and 120 at the 1/4, I know I saw one of Chris's slips and he had trapped 107 to the 1/8 (he defaintely was launching much better than I was). I can't remember his exact trap but I believe it was high 120s.

Yea, that was the first and only pass I ran. I broke the shift linkage when I through 3rd gear but managed to trap 107mph in the 1/8th

Old 08-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Yea, that was the first and only pass I ran. I broke the shift linkage when I through 3rd gear but managed to trap 107mph in the 1/8th
107 mph in the 1/8 is a 135 to 136 mph usually in a 1/4...
I found that most P cars only gain 28 to 30 mph in the second 8th...
With that said.. looks good.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-07-2008, 12:13 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Yea, 107mph for the 1/8th mark is strong. My 1/8th was 102 when I ran the 11.01, so I think you had a 10 second run in the works...

Old 08-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
107 mph in the 1/8 is a 135 to 136 mph usually in a 1/4...
I found that most P cars only gain 28 to 30 mph in the second 8th...
With that said.. looks good.
markski
Yep, I ran 6.99 @ 107 in the 1/8th on my 10.65 @ 136 run.

Great job, Chris!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by John D
Yea, 107mph for the 1/8th mark is strong. My 1/8th was 102 when I ran the 11.01, so I think you had a 10 second run in the works...
Dont think I was on a 10sec on that pass in the 60' was 1.92, next wed I will be going back with metal shift link and 315 M/T DR's in rwd, screw this fake AWD crap it sucks for the drag strp.

Chris Green

Old 08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
fast 1/8,

I believe my 1/8 on my 11.03 was 105 mph.

Your car really does haul ***!

MK

Old 08-07-2008, 08:58 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joe (OT).

No mods except maybe new tune.

We shall see, should be a fun TX Mile!

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KeithTA Protomotive 997 vs. Chris Green USP 996