996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need help Diagnosing an issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Man, talk about stupid...

So I pulled the air box, the diverters, the TB, all the extra "stuff" that is associated with that "STUFF"... Checked the Y pipes for cracks, and in general, got an education on the air pump system... I had zero codes, but figured I'd check the system, since I was "hearing" something constant...

After I got it all back together, I started the car and was letting it warm up with the rear deck lid open... I noticed I still heard the sound and got the bright Idea to unplug the electric fan in the rear deck lid that was running...

Sound went away!

I'm an idiot.

Mike

Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Man, talk about stupid...

So I pulled the air box, the diverters, the TB, all the extra "stuff" that is associated with that "STUFF"... Checked the Y pipes for cracks, and in general, got an education on the air pump system... I had zero codes, but figured I'd check the system, since I was "hearing" something constant...

After I got it all back together, I started the car and was letting it warm up with the rear deck lid open... I noticed I still heard the sound and got the bright Idea to unplug the electric fan in the rear deck lid that was running...

Sound went away!

I'm an idiot.

Mike

Was your Fan constantly running?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
It runs when I initially cut the car on, then cuts off... But I guess it was running after I'd been out "testing" it previously... Then it kicked on after I'd torn the car appart and then reinstalled everything and started it...

Mike