996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Techart sideskirts installed, RWD conversion done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 AM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
precision porsche.. google it you can find tonys number. and yes glued, without 3m tape.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
We have done quite a few of these conversions lately. A lot of the customers are nervous about doing this conversion but, out of all the ones that we have done, none of them have wanted to convert back. I, myself, was skeptical about doing it to my car but, after I did it, I had no worries about recommending it to anybody else.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:36 AM
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
Over the last week had techart (replica) sideskirts installed at regal auto body in Long island, NY.

I absolutely love the new look and should have done this along time ago!
The middle of the car looks so much beefier compared to the bland look it had before.

Purchased the techart replicas from tony at precision porsche in cali... delivery was super fast.

The actuall install/ paint match is excellent. couldnt be happier. Regal Auto body in Long island NY did the paint/prepping/body work. They also actually did my rear GT2 wing and front bumper install as well a while back. If anyone is in the NY area and wants a GOOD spot for paint/body work pm me ill give you their number.

After the paint work took the car to RPM racing in long island, for a RWD conversion/corner balance/alignment. I feel the extra power the car has with the slight weightloss and less drivetrain loss. Car is super fun to drive now strait line, and ESPECIALLY, in turns. Turn in is so much better. Car feels like it can be thrown around like a real sports car. All i need to do is really tweak the front suspension now and i should be set... boy i wish i had some motons...

Thanks to all parties involved for great work!

-Most likely if conditions permit ill take the car to englishtown this friday and see if i can better my best ET 11.48 or best trap of 129 all achieved on AWD. This can serve as a good before/after with respect to AWD/RWD discussions.
Be sure to get a corner balance after the RWD conversion, you'll be glad you did.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:47 PM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
precision porsche.. google it you can find tonys number. and yes glued, without 3m tape.

Precision Porsche gave me a quote on the full techart kit with GT2 wing and the front spoiler for $5,100!! Precision has some good prices and their products arent bad at all! I would use them 100% instead of getting that whole kit from another company for around $16k! Wheww

Old 08-10-2008, 06:11 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
car looks great.... any updates on the new track times with the rwd conv in place?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:23 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
no track on Friday due to this issue, that was however resolved yesterday, (thanks again to rpm racing) https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hat-can-2.html

trojan man: rpm did my alignment and corner balance as well.

with regards to my overall impressions so far... I DO NOT MISS AWD AT ALL!!! i had rain today for a little while, and did not feel insecure on the road at all. car felt planted well.

Since the traction control system was designed for AWD...one might thing that going to rwd, PSM would be "warped" or screwed up. I can confirm, on my end that PSM seems perfectly fine without excessive intervention on the now rwd car.