996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Oil Failure Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Oil Failure Message

Had a "Failure" notification show up on the car's computer today. Car had been running for about 3 min. and it appeared to be indicating "oil failure". Showed a picture of an oil can and said failure (if I remember correctly. I pulled the car over, shut it off and restarted. The message was gone. Any comments?

Mike

Old 08-06-2004, 01:07 PM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
What was the pressure gauge doing?

Old 08-06-2004, 04:53 PM
VAVAVOOOOOOM
phatGT2 is infamous around these parts
I had the same thing happen to the gt2, however mine stalled, I was in slow traffic for a long time and as soon as the message popped up it stalled, I restarted it and the pressure was all good again, I was told that its nothing to worry about...but you can always ask your dealer....

Old 08-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by ebaker
What was the pressure gauge doing?
Good question. I forgot to look. Doooof! I was focused on finding a place to pull over.

Old 08-07-2004, 04:09 AM
dmilzoff is infamous around these parts
I had a similar problem with my 03 TT. The pressure gauge went to '0' and I had an oil failure readout. It happened 3 times before I could get an appointment with my dealer. It always happened when coasting or in traffic at 2-2500 rpm.
My dealer replace the MAF sensor. He said a faulty one gives very erroneous failure readings - No problems since replacement.

Old 08-07-2004, 04:09 AM
dmilzoff is infamous around these parts
I had a similar problem with my 03 TT. The pressure gauge went to '0' and I had an oil failure readout. It happened 3 times before I could get an appointment with my dealer. It always happened when coasting or in traffic at 2-2500 rpm. Blipping the gas always returned oil pressure readout to normal.
My dealer replace the MAF sensor. He said a faulty one gives very erroneous failure readings - No problems since replacement.

Old 08-07-2004, 04:15 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Bet they bumped it while doing the BOVs!