996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The best wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
The best wheels?

Its time for new wheels on my baby. I don't know much about wheels so what would you recommend for mostly daily driving and maybe a couple track days a year. It appears most manufacturers have the same styling and a huge price range. What is the best bang for my buck?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:08 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Its time for new wheels on my baby. I don't know much about wheels so what would you recommend for mostly daily driving and maybe a couple track days a year. It appears most manufacturers have the same styling and a huge price range. What is the best bang for my buck?
Depends what your budget is like and if you want to stay in 18's.

18's (in no particular order)

-Fikse Profil 13's or Mach V's.
-BBS E88's or Mags
-HRE C21 Cups, C21's or C93's
-HRE 543's or 545's

19's (in no particular order)

-Champion RS98 Monolite's or RS171's.
-Kinesis F110's
-Hre 543's or 545's

If you want something more cost effective, extremely light and strong have a look at the CCW Corsair series. Hands down the best bang for your buck.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
HRE P40's

Old 08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Thanks Carnerd, looks like you have done your homework. I'll check these out.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Next question, where is the best place to buy my new wheels?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Thanks Carnerd, looks like you have done your homework. I'll check these out.
Ey, a little bit. I forgot to add. If you'd like to see what most of the wheels look like on a Turbo see board sponsor Wheel Enhancement to the right. For the BBS E88's and Mags check out "projects" at gmgracing.com

I've heard great things about Wheel Enchancement. But i usually get all my wheels from GMG as they are the only ones i know of that can still get the E88's and Mags as well as HRE C21 Cups.

If you dont want to ship call Alex at Sharkwerks as he's decently close and see what he can get for you. Good luck!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:57 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Bbs Lm !

Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
If you go with new wheels make sure you get the "GT2" fitment wheels. They are usually marginally wider and fit fine once you roll the rear fenders like the factory GT2 cars come.

I use and recommend Champions. GREAT lightweight wheels.

When going 19s consider 30 series rear sidewalls and compensate on the fronts by going a bit wider (245s?). You will get a bit more rim protection due to the slightly taller sidewalls and slightly taller gearing which never hurts in 1st and 2nd on these cars.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
KevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to behold
PM sent.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:23 AM
GT2 Fit

Ari, do most wheel dealers know what the GT2 fit is? And can you get the GT2 fit with 19's?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Chris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to behold
I'm partial to RS98s myself!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
EzCookin, with that nice Techart bodykit, a nice set of 19s will really comlete the appearance of your car. Try not to go for wheels that are too heavy.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
IMO, its gotta be a fully forged wheel.
Champion wheels are a once piece 8000 ton forged pressed wheel. That means they light and extremely durable. Only a handful of factories can produce wheels in this fashion, and most are in Japan. They are $$$, but you get what you pay for.

I have gone through 2 sets of HREs on my M3 and hated them. IMO, Champion, NEEZ, BBS and OZ make the best wheels on the market.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
When going 19s consider 30 series rear sidewalls and compensate on the fronts by going a bit wider (245s?). You will get a bit more rim protection due to the slightly taller sidewalls and slightly taller gearing which never hurts in 1st and 2nd on these cars.
Are you saying go with a 245/40/19 and 325/30/19? How does the difference in rolling diameter compare to the ever popular 235/35/19 and 315/25/19?

Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Before you spend your money, make sure that the wider tires and GT2 wheels are going to fit without rubbing. You may have to change your wheel well liner for the GT2 liner. My stock 295/30/18 rears sometimes rub a little. I know because I found an abrasion area on the wheel liners on both sides.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The best wheels?