996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

USP MotorSports/EPL 1/4 mile times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
USP MotorSports/EPL 1/4 mile times

To say the least I am not happy with my times, not because of my setup or tune but rather because of lack of testing on the new tire setup. The first pass on this setup netted a 1.75 60ft because I was rushed into the sportsmen lane and could not get a good burn out on the mickey thompson drag radials. Then when I shifted second it spun all the through and did not hook until 3rd gear. After that run I was warned to lift at the 1000ft mark because the car does not have a roll bar. Then on the second pass in addition to being hot lapped I didn’t get a decent in 1st gear burn so the tires did not get to sticky. I also stayed on the 2 step a little to long, so I spun 1st gear, and when I shifted into second, once again it went side ways, netting a bad 330ft time. Now all I need is some more time on the tire setup and find a track that will not hassle me for not having a roll bar. The mph was also a little slower then last week because of drag radials at 12psi and warmer and more humid weather. The tire setup is a 315/30/18 Mickey Thompson Drag Radial on factory wheels, with the center driveshaft disconnected with front differential and drive axles still installed.

Pass 1
11.285@131.31
1.757 60ft

Pass 2
11.164@131.28
1.839 60ft

Old 08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Hey thats good dont sweat it.... most guys wish they could go out and run low 11s...
Congrats,
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Hey thats good dont sweat it.... most guys wish they could go out and run low 11s...
Congrats,
mark
Thanks markski, all I really need is one full night at the track 5+ pass's to play with tire psi/burnout's & launch rpm and it would have went 10's for sure. I am taking a break for about 2 weeks or so, I have to drive 3+ hours to get to the track due to my local track being closed.

Chris Green

Old 08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Chris,

What was the 1/8 mile speed on those runs?

Your 60' is pretty good from what I have seen. Sounds like RWD with all the spinning...although I have had a lot of spin in second with AWD if the track gets slippery.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by John D
Chris,

What was the 1/8 mile speed on those runs?

Your 60' is pretty good from what I have seen. Sounds like RWD with all the spinning...although I have had a lot of spin in second with AWD if the track gets slippery.
John 1st pass was 102.xx 2nd pass was 104.xx last week I went 107.xx.
60's I was happy with, it was the 1-2 shift that killed my ET, soon as I throw 2nd real hard it would come out nasty and just stay spinning untill 3erd, so my 330's sucked *** think I went 4.9xx first pass and 5.0xx 2nd pass.

Chris Green

Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Chris,

You think AWD would help? It's not really AWD anyhoo. More like RWD +

Those are nice times.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Those are good times and with your nice traps, the power is thier.

These cars are much trickier to drag race than it seems.

good luck and thanks for the update.

MK

Old 08-14-2008, 05:21 AM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Nice run. Interesting that Keith's car ran a trap speed of 134.5 mph back in March. Weather conditions were much better then I suppose and I don't think he had those heavy HREs on his car. The way you beat him I would have thought you would be trapping much higher, unless his car has gotten slower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V3SGs7qBMg

Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Chris,

Those are nice times.
That's what I was going to say. I think your E.T will be better/lower if you went back to AWD. The 2wd conversion is only good at the track if done properly IMO. By your sig, it looks like you are no stranger to the 1/4 so driver is not the problem here.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Chris, sorry to see you not make it in the 10s, go get a tequipment rollbar for cheap that should appease the track a bit, put one in and head up and I think you'll hit 10s no problem with your setup. It'll be really nice once the damn weather up here settles down, amazing that everyone else runs their records in the north during the summer, and we've got to wait until winter for the weather to truely cooperate.

Last night was SUPER humid, I was giving Chris weather reports all day because he had a 3 hour drive and the whole day it literally looked as if it could rain at any moment, the heat/humidity was definitely much worse than even last week when we both ran and I though it was bad then.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
You Guys With These Fast Tt's You Dont Use Them As Everyday Cars Do You? I Want To Make My Car Quicker.. But I Also Want To Be Able To Drive It Everyday...

Old 08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boca996tt
You Guys With These Fast Tt's You Dont Use Them As Everyday Cars Do You? I Want To Make My Car Quicker.. But I Also Want To Be Able To Drive It Everyday...
I drive my Skinny White Dude Racing 700 car almost everyday. In fact I drove it to the office (35 miles from the house w/ lots of Houston traffic) today. I try to drive it at least once a day or at least every 2 days. When this semester starts backup I will be driving it every day to class like I normally do. I'm running about ~590-600rwhp on my pump gas boost now.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by ari
Chris,

Those are nice times.
The AWD system in our cars is a joke it would not have helped one bit, I ran it last week and pulled a 1.92 in AWD on street tires soon as i hit 2nd same thing blew the tires.

I think these cars are pretty easy to drive at the track to be honest, I just need some time to play with the tire set up.

plus the fact all I have for suspension is H&R springs on some blown shocks that might be a part of my 2nd gear problem.

BTW weight with me in car+5 gal of gas and helmet was 3573

Chris Green

Old 08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Nice Chris!!

Sounds like it has a some more in it to...

Did you guys get any video of these passes?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
awesome! nice work, Chris!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USP MotorSports/EPL 1/4 mile times