996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT 3076 A/R.63...incoming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:42 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, first of all, you made a GREAT decision to go with Tommy. He is smart as hell, knows turbo's better than anyone, and will deliver a good/clean product. You will be thrilled. Secondly, lag is over-rated, you learn to drive around it...
Peter

Old 08-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The fact that my current set up has absolutely not lag and limits up top hurts me in roll ons. If I exploit the no lag, people say I jumped them. Hence I always wait and make sure they go (often letting them get the jump) and have trouble reeling them back in w/ the small turbines and compressors on my current set up.

Now I just have to make sure I am in boost and can let the superior top end from these turbos reel my victim in

And of course you know that I will also get the most out of them when I do 60-130 comps.

Speaking of which, lets organize another one, Pietro. I have a whole new base of guys (all the PE guys from the Urban Living group).

I will do all the promotional work, you just help me log scores out at LMS.

Deal?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Rob/ert: Yes I raced paulie (even) which was the onus for this project/yes I still have the ATS/Carbonetics clutch

Scot/Joe/Luis/Dk: It will probably be 3 weeks. Tommy Bahn is going to do the install and fabrication. I was tempted to go w/ Dans/Vivids adapter kit:http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-45759.html
This is a great looking kit. i am interested in its performance capabilities.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
This is a great looking kit. i am interested in its performance capabilities.
Pretty much endless since you can bolt in Garrett turbos.

You could do GT 35's I believe if you had everything that went with it (starting w/ a built motor).

Maybe Dan can chime in.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The kit to run the Garrett turbos can be seen here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/t...&filter_id=135

Includes this stuff:
AP/AFI High Flow Exhaust Manifolds for Garrett Turbos
AP/AFI Dump Tubes for External Tial 44mm Wastegates
AP/AFI Exhaust Adapter Flange to run any OEM replacement exhaust
AP/AFI Billet Aluminum Oil Sump Kit
AP/AFI Oil and Water Line Kit with Fittings
AP Silicone Couplers offset for 3inch Compressor Outlet

The turbos are machined specifically for our kits as the compressor side must be altered. A GT35R would require some additional modification because of the size. The flange positions are all the same. So in theory, it does bolt up.

Last edited by vividracing; 08-18-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:16 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
My GT35's barely had room underneath the engine compartment.... I think you should know a good fabricator just in case. However, as always Dan puts out high quality stuff.
Robert

Old 08-18-2008, 06:55 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Seanpoppin's...congratulations on the decision to modify a 'perfectly good GT2'. I can only surmise, by your decision to modify a 'perfectly good GT2', is the night sweats are continuing.

I sympathize with the feelings you must have knowing Tweety and myself are unatainable objects you continuously view through your front windshield. BTW who's *** looks better mine or Paulie's...?

With that said Sean you must be very careful when opening Pandora's Box...not that box Sean...when will the madness ever end...??

FWIW...Tommy is TOP NOTCH. Couldn't be in better hands...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Translation from Dennis - I am going to put a 150 shot on my Z and continue to kick your *** Sean...
Peter

Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by houstonT
Translation from Dennis - I am going to put a 150 shot on my Z and continue to kick your *** Sean...
Peter

LOL...Peter knows me all too well.

Acutally I was thinking more in the lines of something very interesting coming down the LS7 pipeline...

WARNING: Sean...view at your own risk...

VIDEO:
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MOV02859.flv

Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
What an awesome setup! How much HP is that Z06 pushing?
Robert

Old 08-18-2008, 10:03 PM
About 770. The thing is the rear engine design of my car enables me to put it down better.

When my car is done I won't need race gas or high boost levels to say bye bye to Dennis

Old 08-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by robmd99
What an awesome setup! How much HP is that Z06 pushing?
Robert
Sean is right...except for a couple of things...don't need no stinkin' race gas or high boost. BTW...the car will hook exceptionally well on DR's...

Let the night sweats begin...

Eaton-TVS Supercharged LS7 by MTI Racing

At 7.0 liters and 7.5 lbs of boost we have acheived over 800 horsepower on a STOCK BOTTOM LS7 in our engine dyno test cell.

Pump gas was from the local Quicktrip.

We use their fuel as it probably represents worst case scenario.

If we can make the engine happy on that it will be better on good Exxon, BP, Sunoco, etc.

Some more eye and ear candy...

http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick...velocitya.html

Sunday resulted in a Time Trial class win with a lap time of 1.25.749 ! Yep we knew this beast was a stump puller, but no way did we expect this on a test weekend! If any of you follow SCCA Pro Racing during last years Petite LeMans at Road Atlanta Speeds World Challenge GT pole sitter was Randy Pobst in a Porsche 911 GT3 with a time of 1.25.689 ! If the Southern Stingray were prepped as a TRUE race vehicle we would have been second on the grid 1/10th of a second behind the leader and ahead of third place Andy Pilgrim in his race prepped CTS-V ! We are having a hard time saying it's still a street car !

Last edited by DJ'sZ; 08-19-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Good Stuff,

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the local real estate market improves, a certain
Z06 owner that I know may see one of those S/C kits under his hood...????
Oh, these Goddamned Z06's

MK

Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 AM
I think I might have to check this Z06 one night in Mexico :-)
Robert

Old 08-19-2008, 08:22 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Rob have you ever ran Dennis in Mexico? If yes what was the outcome?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT 3076 A/R.63...incoming!