996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT 3076 A/R.63...incoming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:56 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Paulie
Everyone that I have race seriously has had the same outcome
Robert

Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
rob - so are you saying that you in fact have raced Dennis and beat him? I know my new White Supra does not made as much power as your car but I would like a shot at your 996. You game?
Peter

Old 08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I actually wanted to race your black car.. but we know what happened to it. Peter, I am always game.... I should be back in H town by this weekend.
R

Old 08-19-2008, 09:42 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Rob have you ever ran Dennis in Mexico? If yes what was the outcome?
No Paulie we've never raced...I'm sure Rob's car is considerably faster than my Z06. But you know me I'm always up for a challenge...Rob, lets all gtg next time your in town. Maybe lunch and a cruise...

Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Rob, I responded to your PM... My black car now has a new life in WA state and is FAR FAR FAR from Houston. The black car on full kill was a 155-157 mph (quarter mile) car and if your P-car is that fast, I stand NO CHANCE in my White car. While my white car made 822 rwhp on the dyno, I would only run about 780 rwhp on the street as the stock bottom end goes KABOOM at 820+ on the street! LOL

Will you be in town for a while? If so, make it out to one of our GTG's and let's have some fun.
Peter

Old 08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Robs car is fast.I do not know how it would have done against Peters black supra. That supra was fast (mid 4 sec 60-130).

Old 08-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Paul, I know Rob's car is fast, and I can't wait to run it for fun in Whitey. The black car was a low 4 second 60-130 car if I was able to put the power down...more telling is the quarter mile trap speed which on that car would have been in the mid 150's. If Rob's car could have beat Blackey, Whitey does not stand a chance...
Peter

Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Good Stuff,

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the local real estate market improves, a certain
Z06 owner that I know may see one of those S/C kits under his hood...????
Oh, these Goddamned Z06's

MK
The AtomicZ will not be getting an S/C. I have blown my mod budget for the next 3 years on it. You know the story - so I won't get into that here.

Maybe I can convince the wife to add one to hers. I know Doug Rippie has seen #'s similiar to the one MTI is advertising with a ProCharger on a stock Z.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Rob's car is not that fast. (As the old Blackie I saw that ran against Divexxtreme).
It might be a great run against Whitey, however.
Maybe when Rob gets his new fuel system.

MK

Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Marty,

How did Peters old Supra do against Scotts car?

The Supra had a hp advantage but the Porsche has a weight advantage and w/ a rear engine design puts the power down better.

On the drag strip running the 60-130 the Supra can do a burn out to help w/ traction but does not have that option on the Mexican highway.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Sean, I pulled Scott by about 1/4-1/2 car length, it was a great run. I left about 150 rwhp on the table as I was only running 850 rwhp on 19 inch street tires. If I recall, Scott was on DR's... Of course I'm sure you will challenge EVERYTHING in my post, so please feel free to ask Tim Iacoli (basupra on this forum) as he was in my passenger seat, and of course, we had several witnesses.
Peter

Old 08-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Sean, I pulled Scott by about 1/4-1/2 car length, it was a great run. I left about 150 rwhp on the table as I was only running 850 rwhp on 19 inch street tires. If I recall, Scott was on DR's... Of course I'm sure you will challenge EVERYTHING in my post, so please feel free to ask Tim Iacoli (basupra on this forum) as he was in my passenger seat, and of course, we had several witnesses.
Peter
Challenge...you mean translate:I got the jump on Scott and with my boost turned all the way up I was able to keep a 1/4 car length on him.

Oh and Peter...you caught me off guard between academic meetings yesterday and I was foolish enough to agree to sell my GT 28's (w/tial wastegates and they are the expensive hybrids that bolt right onto stock headers) for less than 1.4K...I have since had 2 offers of 1.6K. Since I promised Vince I will abide by my word.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-20-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Sean, a few points:

1. You weren't there to witness the race.
2. Even Scott will admit the slight pull.
3. You have a distorted view as you WISH you had a fast car.
4. You have to honor your word to Vince as I told him you were a man of your word. I'm not worried that you will sell for the agreed upon price. Be happy I found you a buyer IMMEDIATELY, you should pay me for that service...

Take care....oh, I'm gonna whip you in my new slow car when you get yours done, just b/c I can...

Peter

Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Even Scott will admit the slight pull.
Yep. Blackie got me that night.

In my defense, I was unknowingly running 1.4 BAR instead of 1.6 on that run (a little over 800 rwhp), see my original post about this race here... but if Peter had better rubber on...he would have turned his boost up as well and probably still got me.

Blackie was fast.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
^^^^^
Peter, Paul and Sean..... I cant wait to be back in H town! I miss you guys and ofcourse all the meets.... Hey, I am wondering if there are any meets coming up in September?
Have a boosted day
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT 3076 A/R.63...incoming!