996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT 3076 A/R.63...incoming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
GT 3076 A/R.63...incoming!

Dropped the old gal off at Tommy's today. I am confident that he will do a great job on the fabrication necessary to fit these babies. Going to install the TIAL 44 external wastegates and already have a cat deleted Europipe so around 685 rwhp on C 16 and 600 on pump are looking plausible.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:06 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
It should be a monster. Do you still have the Carbonetics? If so it should hold fine.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Sean
Did you ever race Paulie in his new set up?
Robert

Old 08-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Nice! Can't wait to hear the results, Sean!

Old 08-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
glad you took the plunge...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-16-2008, 05:13 PM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up New Turbo's

I am anxious to hear the results.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:26 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Looking forward to the results.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
when can we expect to hear the results?

Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Is it still going to be Proto tune?

Old 08-16-2008, 08:39 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Doc

Im getting the itch again

Im am thinking of getting the same turbos as you but with .82's. As you may remember I have a built 3.8l motor and need the extra fuel system (currently I have a gt700 fuel system). What fuel system do you have/

Cant wait to see your results

Jag

Old 08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Rob/ert: Yes I raced paulie (even) which was the onus for this project/yes I still have the ATS/Carbonetics clutch

Scot/Joe/Luis/Dk: It will probably be 3 weeks. Tommy Bahn is going to do the install and fabrication. I was tempted to go w/ Dans/Vivids adapter kit:http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-45759.html

Old 08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
hey let me know how it works out im looking at a couple of different options... congrats

tim

Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Jags,

Yes it will still be tuned by Todd.

Tim; You should definitely check out the Vivid adapter kit.

I was very close to buying the adapter kit. However, I did not for the following reason.

Tommy, who is legendary in the Supra community is trying to break into the Porsche market. I have known Tommy for 1.5 years now and I have seen the excellence of his work. He installed my clutch and repaired my crank bolt issue flawlessly. He is very slow and careful (a good thing, IMO) and I trust him to do good work. Since he is trying to establish a rep in the Porsche community, he offered me an exceptional deal if I would let him do the fabrication and installation. I vetted this offer with Todd and Todd and I concluded that indeed Tommy would be the most economical choice for me.

However, I would like everyone to check out Dans adapter kit and tell me how it looks. I think it looks absolutely top quality. For those of you who aren't in the fortunate position to have a world class fabricator/mechanic offering to give you a discount I would strongly look into this kit.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
hey sean
thanks for the info ill check it out please keep us up to date on your build

tim

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Jags,

Yes it will still be tuned by Todd.

Tim; You should definitely check out the Vivid adapter kit.

I was very close to buying the adapter kit. However, I did not for the following reason.

Tommy, who is legendary in the Supra community is trying to break into the Porsche market. I have known Tommy for 1.5 years now and I have seen the excellence of his work. He installed my clutch and repaired my crank bolt issue flawlessly. He is very slow and careful (a good thing, IMO) and I trust him to do good work. Since he is trying to establish a rep in the Porsche community, he offered me an exceptional deal if I would let him do the fabrication and installation. I vetted this offer with Todd and Todd and I concluded that indeed Tommy would be the most economical choice for me.

However, I would like everyone to check out Dans adapter kit and tell me how it looks. I think it looks absolutely top quality. For those of you who aren't in the fortunate position to have a world class fabricator/mechanic offering to give you a discount I would strongly look into this kit.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Jag: I have the Proto MAF (1000 hp Mustang MAF) integrated w/ the Evo intake. I also have the S-Car-Go carbon fiber lower intake and headers. S-Car-Go (Rob King) and Todd built and installed bigger lines, rails, a secondary Bosche 044 pump and 60lb injectors.

So it is pretty much the full Proto fuel system.It is good for up to 820 rwhp. The limiting factor on my car has been the turbos.

Of course now it is the rods. I am going to go for a conservative tune (1 bar) for pump and hope for close to 600 rwhp. I will use the boost controller and go up to 1.4 maybe 1.5 on C 16 and hope for 685.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT 3076 A/R.63...incoming!