996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Uneven ride height

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Sharky996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ryanbutcher
I'm measuring from the ground through the caps to the top of the fender well. That being said, the official measure point is ground to locating bore between toe and camber eccentrics.. I hate to hear you're having the same problem boca, but glad it's not just me
I tried looking for this locating bore, but I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone explain, or better yet, provide a pic?

As for the front, Porsche says the bottom edge of a bolt head on the tension strut. I am also having trouble interpretting this!

I'll be installing PSS9's soon, and would need to know this before I get it done.

Thanks.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 AM
iorih is infamous around these parts
I have the problem too. My front passenger side is 1/2 inch higher than the driver side. Rears are ok. No matter how I adjust the PSS10 on the passenger side, the gap between the tire and fender seems unchanged and is still larger. It drives me crazy!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Saw this a while back and YES i knit is not "PC"

Hope this isn't your issue.

Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

May sound like a dumb question......but you are adjusting it with both rear wheels off the ground?

Will not work if jacking up one side and then the other due to swaybar pre-load.

Originally Posted by ryanbutcher
Thanks again boca,
I tried that also and was able to get it almost level. the thing that scared me when I did was the amount I had to spin the passenger rear down to get it 1/2" lower. It leaves one sides height adjustment spooled nearly all the way down while the driver side is moderate. This cant make for even rebound rates.. When I drove the car like this around the block it felt pretty darn unpredictable and unnerving so I reset it and re-aligned

I guess my question is, do you have one side with couple inches of thread left (drivers side) and the other (passenger) set nearly at the bottom?

It seems like this same problem has happened at least to a handful of people out there with tt's and C4's, seemingly always the driver side is lower.. There has to be something to it..

btw, boca - your car looks great
best,
rb