996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Road trip in the new Lambo G:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:57 PM
wachuko is infamous around these parts
I have to agree with some of the comments made. The sound of that V10 is intoxicating. Heck, even starting the car is awesome, hearing that whine from the starter and how the cylinders start to fire up... sweeeeeeet!!

The level of detail to the interior is also miles away from our interior... you really feel special inside the Gallardo.

Best of luck with it. Enjoy it in good health.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
SpoolMasta is infamous around these parts
wow mirked out, looks like fun!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
I did the same move as you, but traded in my 6th turbo (4 996tt's and 2 997tt's) in the past 6 years for the Gallardo(07 Nera) I could'nt be more happy.
I was looking at Nera's too...which number did you get? was it the manual up in Ohio?
the nera is sick as hell too...for sure its all about the blacked out lambo (a la cannonball run :-))

Old 08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Amazing car - nice work.

This right here is car pr0n

Old 08-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Boulder GT3 is infamous around these parts
I had one in Boulder for a couple of years and just sold it. It was a terrific car. No issues at all and the service in Denver was very good. A very easy car to drive on a long trip although it does chew through the gas compared to the turbo.

Just a very good and stable car. Not as fast as my turbo but it is the most stable car I've ever owned at high speed. Makes the tt seem jittery above 120MPH.

Congratualtions.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Hey Tom...glad to see you posting....we did a ride up the canyon last month. hope you can make the next one.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:10 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Boulder GT3
I had one in Boulder for a couple of years and just sold it. It was a terrific car. No issues at all and the service in Denver was very good. A very easy car to drive on a long trip although it does chew through the gas compared to the turbo.

Just a very good and stable car. Not as fast as my turbo but it is the most stable car I've ever owned at high speed. Makes the tt seem jittery above 120MPH.

Congratualtions.
I think we have a mutual friend with a pretty built out S4? I think I heard about your Gallardo...and thats good to hear.
I'm still figuring out the E-gear a little, but its really fun...and yeah the high speed stability is pretty insane...on the road trip (outside of the surroundings starting to whip by faster) 130-140 felt about like 90 did, which 90 felt about like 60-70 in anything else i've ever owned...it's awesome.
(and honestly, my UrQ should be way faster than either the G or the TT ever was :-))

Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
Love the blacked out G. Congrats!

Old 08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Smoking HOT-congrats to you.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Looks great!

Ill be in Broomfield Sept 3-6th tuning. I'd love to meet up and check out the URQ if your are going to be around.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Looks great!

Ill be in Broomfield Sept 3-6th tuning. I'd love to meet up and check out the URQ if your are going to be around.
Sure...tuning where? At Autosport Werks or somewhere else?
shoot me an email at villain[at]peakpeak[dot]com or a PM on here and lets hook up. I have to go to Phoenix for a meeting on Wednesday, but its just a day trip.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Sure...tuning where? At Autosport Werks or somewhere else?
shoot me an email at villain[at]peakpeak[dot]com or a PM on here and lets hook up. I have to go to Phoenix for a meeting on Wednesday, but its just a day trip.

Yup, Im working out of Autosport Works again.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Yup, Im working out of Autosport Works again.
For sure then...I need to swing by and see Cal/Brian/Andy/etc. anyway.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
I was looking at Nera's too...which number did you get? was it the manual up in Ohio?
the nera is sick as hell too...for sure its all about the blacked out lambo (a la cannonball run :-))
I found an Egear from my local dealer that he had with 600 miles on it and was never titled. I was all over it. The thing was as new and I just had to do it. I think I am #125.

But as far as performance goes: This much I can say: I raced my friends new m6 and beat him by about 4 car lenghts up to 110 from a dead stop.

But you know what, I am over that race ****. I dont care if my Nera is a hair slower than a turbo. I have had nothing but fun since I got the Gallardo. Its just so exotic and the sound of the thing is sick. I feel like everywhere I go with it people react like I am pulling in with a flying saucer...

Martin(IllM3) we will probally see each other on October 12 at the Americana for the concours event.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
I found an Egear from my local dealer that he had with 600 miles on it and was never titled. I was all over it. The thing was as new and I just had to do it. I think I am #125.

But as far as performance goes: This much I can say: I raced my friends new m6 and beat him by about 4 car lenghts up to 110 from a dead stop.

But you know what, I am over that race ****. I dont care if my Nera is a hair slower than a turbo. I have had nothing but fun since I got the Gallardo. Its just so exotic and the sound of the thing is sick. I feel like everywhere I go with it people react like I am pulling in with a flying saucer...
Sweet, the Nera is beautiful...link me to a pic if you have any posted.

Its weird, but i agree with the fractions of a second issues...I just dont really care with this car. When i want to go insanely, aftermarket tuned, *****-out fast i have other cars for that :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road trip in the new Lambo G: