996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Agency Power silicone boost hoses from Vividracing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Agency Power silicone boost hoses from Vividracing

I purchased my latest mod from VividRacing. I ordered a set of Agency Power silicone boost hoses (and stainless steel clamps) for my 05 Turbo S Cab. I called Dan at 4:00pm Friday and he sent them out within 15 minutes so they would arrive in California on Tuesday. These Agency Power hoses are super high quality and fit just like the OEM hoses. I installed them in 2 hours (no lift in my garage). The top hoses ended up being easier than the bottom ones. The F-hose was also very easy to install.

Yes, and he gave me a killer price too.

I did have one problem. The bottom hoses were not clamped to the turbos well enough so they both blew off when I started my car and drove it up and down my street. I had the typical codes flashing on my dash (PSAM & ABS). I pilled her back into the garage, cooled her down and reattached them. They look like they will stay put (under 1.2 bar of boost). I will test them tonight after the wife gets home to watch the kids.

Dan and VividRacing gave me super customer service and a great product. I highly recommend them for any future purchase you are planning.

I posted some pictures.

Attached Images      
Old 08-20-2008, 03:22 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
One more picture

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Brutish is infamous around these parts
Nice install job Robert. I bought the same ones and have been very happy with them as well. I'm glad you didn't go yellow on them - it might have been too much with your yellow car :-)

Old 08-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Nice Robert.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
What do silicone boost hose do to improve performance?

Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CAPTLST
Just makes sure the hoses don't crank and such.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CAPTLST

They are much less likely to pop under high boost.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:58 AM
You have to look good to go FAST.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I tested them last night. 1.2 bar and holding. Install was a success. And they look good to.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Glad to hear Robert and appreciate the kind words Silver hoses look great in there. Need to get you our Carbon Intake with the silver silicone next! Brutish - Post up your pics too.

If anyone is interested in reading more about the Agency Power Silicone Hoses, Go Here.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
The OEM hoses, especially on the 2002 and earlier cars are known to have issues staying clipped into the connections on the aluminum ends. These newer Sylicone hoses are better design and won't be as proned to cracking/coming disconnected!

Mike

Old 08-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I have replaced the hoses on every year car so far and no fitment issues or pop off issues. Always great to stay safe from having an issue on the track and look good in the engine bay!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Brutish is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Glad to hear Robert and appreciate the kind words Silver hoses look great in there. Need to get you our Carbon Intake with the silver silicone next! Brutish - Post up your pics too.
I'll get my pics up soon!

Any word on when those Carbon Intakes will be back in stock?

Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor
I am waiting on 4 kits from clear coat. Will advise as soon as possible when they can ship.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I pushed her again today for 30 minutes and everything was great. I saw 1.2 bar and it held in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power silicone boost hoses from Vividracing