996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

k24/18g w/ 60 lb injectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
tim
if i keep the boost the same
would bigger injectors give me more HP ?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by basupra
By putting more "air" in the motor, you are also increasing cylinder pressure, and you need the extra octane along with extra fuel. Take everyones advice, and plan to run GOOD gas with boost levels above 1.1-1.2 bar.

Tim
correct, and you also need a anothr fuel pump when your palnning on cranking things up.

and to awnser your question steve, no. for your setup basicly injectors would be a precuationary thing.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:47 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
bigger injectors wont give you more power... it is a safety issue. with fueling there are two things to consider, do you have enough fuel supply and do you have enough octane? To make power you need enough fuel.. The injectors are mostly a precautionary measure so you dont run out of fuel. Some people either up their fuel supply by using a fpr to raise the pressure or by using bigger injectors. if you dont have enough fuel, you run the risk of blowing your motor by running lean.

the reason you cant run 1.3 or 1.4bars on 93 octane even with bigger injectors is because of the octane content of the gas even though you have enough fuel, you still have the same amount of octane in the gas. Octane determines the threshold of detonation. Basically, the octane content of a kind of gas determines how much boost you can run on that kind of gas. Insufficient octane will cause you to detonate and lose your motor.

To cover all bases fuel wise, you want to run bigger injectors and limit your boost to whatever your tuner is comfortable with on 93 pump gas and then run 110 or c16 for your high boost runs

Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
tim
if i keep the boost the same
would bigger injectors give me more HP ?

Old 08-23-2008, 02:50 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I do the exact same setup...
1)k24/18g with stock injectors and 5bar fpr with 100octane fuel can get up to 1,2-1,3bar with appr. 630hp(engine)
2)k24/18g with 60lb injectors and stock fpr with 100octane fuel can get up to 1,3bar with appr. 660-670hp(engine)
There is no reason for somenone to push it over than this,without reinforcing the bottom end of the motor...However it is obvious that in order to get the best out of your engine,you have to avoid pump gas...You dont eat burgers and run marathon...you need to eat better quality food...otherwise just walk...dont run...

Old 08-23-2008, 03:29 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
All of this advice is exactly right...bottom line... to run a lot of boost, you need plenty of fuel and GOOD fuel at that, or plan on new pistons, PERIOD!!! I have spent plenty of time in the turbo world and built plenty of motors..there are NO shortcuts to power. Injectors are cheap insurance.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:26 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
what is the most HP i can have on stock internals ? and 93 octane ?

im really confused as to how this whole things works now...

for example, if i put gt30s on my car.. would the car still make 520ish to the wheels because of 93 octane ?

Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
what is the most HP i can have on stock internals ? and 93 octane ?

im really confused as to how this whole things works now...

for example, if i put gt30s on my car.. would the car still make 520ish to the wheels because of 93 octane ?
The big advantage to GT 30's, the reason I will be running them, is that I can make more power on less boost than if I ran say 24/18's or even 24/20's on more boost.

My goal is to safely make close to 600 rwhp on 1 bar on pump and 680 at 1.45 on C 16 w/out damaging internals. I know those numbers are a touch high for a stock motor but they are goals. If I get close and run safely I will be happy.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 AM
maxboost is infamous around these partsmaxboost is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
The big advantage to GT 30's, the reason I will be running them, is that I can make more power on less boost than if I ran say 24/18's or even 24/20's on more boost.

My goal is to safely make close to 600 rwhp on 1 bar on pump and 680 at 1.45 on C 16 w/out damaging internals. I know those numbers are a touch high for a stock motor but they are goals. If I get close and run safely I will be happy.

can u post up some pics of ur setup?
whos header are u running w/GT30?

Old 08-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Tommy Bahn is modifying my S-Car_Go headers. He is using a manifold that was originally modified by (I believe) Todd for VR Alexanders car as a model. Tommy is going to copy that and is going very slowly and carefully. I have a feeling it will be a few more weeks before he is done.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you run the 60lb injectors and 5bar FPR you have TO MUCH fuel. It is either 1 or the other with the K24/18G's.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 PM
revengerocket is infamous around these parts
Why in Gods name would you not want to run quality gas in your car?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the ability to roam free without being tethered to a drum in my garage or the pumps at the local drag strip.

Originally Posted by onelove
Add the injectors and EBC. The EBC will make a big difference, and the injectors are great for safety, especially at higher boost levels with the EBC.
My car has a Protomotive flash. If I were to bring my car to Titan with a checkbook, could you guys hook me up with some new turbos + injectors, a new clutch, and maybe work with Todd on a custom tune?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by revengerocket
I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the ability to roam free without being tethered to a drum in my garage or the pumps at the local drag strip.

My car has a Protomotive flash. If I were to bring my car to Titan with a checkbook, could you guys hook me up with some new turbos + injectors, a new clutch, and maybe work with Todd on a custom tune?
We have a full installation facility at our current location, and just built a 25,000 sq/ft shop near the airport which will have an expanded shop as well, with an emphasis on our upcoming Porsche product line. Also Borg Warner currently sponsors our drag racing program, with 50 sets of K24s on order, with the first batch arriving early next month, this will allow us to have stock and upgraded K24s on shelf at all times. ATS and Tilton also just signed an exclusive agreement for the Porsche Lineup All ATS Porsche clutches will be sold and distributed by us, and all Tilton street clutch setups will be as well.

We already stock thousands of injectors, the Porsche injectors and fuel pumps are being added this week, and we expect a full "Fuel system" on the shelf in the near future as well, just as we have with the Supras.

Lastly we have great relationships with both Todd at Protomotive and Tony @ EPL, we have everything available to flash and datalog the car using our Dynojet and can have custom tunes done remotely by Todd. Since you already have a Protomotive Tune, you will just pay for the revised tune since the initial has already been done. Todd has done this for my previous car as well as a few customers already with no problems.

Needless to say we would have no problem achieving any goals you had in a relatively quick time period. We have a heavy Porsche program in development which will be unvieled over the next few months, needless to say you can expect quite a few fast Turbos to come out of Central Florida in the near future, and maybe even a few 996 records

Last edited by onelove; 08-23-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by revengerocket

You are by no means tethered there Chief, you simply run lower boost levels on pump and have the option to turn up the boost if and when you have better gas.

You would have to learn to use an EBC and "gasp" buy some race gas.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
You would have to learn to use an EBC and "gasp" buy some race gas.
VP sells gas in 5 Gal Pails as well. I try to keep 2-3 in the garage at all times. I don't need it always, but it's nice to know it's there when I want to hit the track, a street race, or a track day. With water contamination, 10% ethanol both being put in gas without any notice of how much or the base octane gas used, it's a nice safety net to run it once in a while just in case when you're pushing to find the limits of a very expensive engine. Cheap insurance if you ask me and very convenient.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:27 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Higher boost raises the compression ratio and these guys are right. Nothing but octane will stave off detonation. You do not want to learn this the hard (expensive) way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: k24/18g w/ 60 lb injectors