996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Adding new exhaust after tune question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:50 PM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Adding new exhaust after tune question.

I have Tony's 16/16g setup that was originaly tunned for with the oem exhaust. I put on an FVD catless hi flow exhaust about 4 weeks ago. Besides the fact of a cel light because I'm catless now...the question I have is it at all harmfull in the mean time untill I get it retunned. My gas mileage went down and I'm wondering if this would make it run too rich or not enough. What happens to the AFR's. I also have added a second air intake snorkel to oem box.....will this affect AFR's inconjuction to a free flowing exaust? I also see the dash indicator with peak at 1.3 bar every so often, and I have only been on 93 octane. Is this all safe? Thanxs in advance....Robert

Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Major questions for Tony...

Especially if you had a custom tune. Best of luck. I'd not use the engine until things are squared away with the CEL....I am on the very cautious end of things.

JB

Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TURBO ELECTRO
I have Tony's 16/16g setup that was originaly tunned for with the oem exhaust. I put on an FVD catless hi flow exhaust about 4 weeks ago. Besides the fact of a cel light because I'm catless now...the question I have is it at all harmfull in the mean time untill I get it retunned. My gas mileage went down and I'm wondering if this would make it run too rich or not enough. What happens to the AFR's. I also have added a second air intake snorkel to oem box.....will this affect AFR's inconjuction to a free flowing exaust? I also see the dash indicator with peak at 1.3 bar every so often, and I have only been on 93 octane. Is this all safe? Thanxs in advance....Robert

Hey Robert,

I just shot you an email. The intake and exhaust should have little effect on your actual mileage. The 996tt has wideband 02 sensors, that are able to monitor and trim out or add fuel where need be.

As for seeing 1.3 on the gauge from time to time, this is not uncommon with this kit. The stock boost gauge is VERY optimistic. I would venture to guess you are running less then 1.3 and its rounding up on the display. If this is outside your comfort level, I can reflash your ecu for you with alittle less boost or you and can back the wastegates off slightly.

I will see you the first week in Oct for some custom attention .

Thanks,
Tony

Old 08-22-2008, 03:32 PM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Hey Robert,

I just shot you an email. The intake and exhaust should have little effect on your actual mileage. The 996tt has wideband 02 sensors, that are able to monitor and trim out or add fuel where need be.

As for seeing 1.3 on the gauge from time to time, this is not uncommon with this kit. The stock boost gauge is VERY optimistic. I would venture to guess you are running less then 1.3 and its rounding up on the display. If this is outside your comfort level, I can reflash your ecu for you with alittle less boost or you and can back the wastegates off slightly.

I will see you the first week in Oct for some custom attention .

Thanks,
Tony
October is better than never....I am glad you have answered. Communication is key...even though it doesn't work with the wifey! In the mean while if i sent you the ecu would you be able to flash it remapped for a free-flowing catless exhaust? When doing so would it improve performance at all or do we need to wait to be on the dyno?....Thanx

Old 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TURBO ELECTRO
October is better than never....I am glad you have answered. Communication is key...even though it doesn't work with the wifey! In the mean while if i sent you the ecu would you be able to flash it remapped for a free-flowing catless exhaust? When doing so would it improve performance at all or do we need to wait to be on the dyno?....Thanx
Sure, we can reflash you the program for an exhaust!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:16 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Race Gas is your friend

Old 08-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Race Gas is your friend
I have considered and looked into doing water meth injection instead of always filling up with race gas but just never have gone through with it. Another expense to convince the wifey.