996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car at EPL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:03 PM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
Car at EPL

Just brought my car up to EPL today for a tune and plug change and so far im completely impressed by Tony's work ethics and his professionalism on the matter.

With all these posts regarding good tuners around the NE I figured I give EPL and Tony a try.

Again, completely impressed.

As I get the car back and see some numbers I'll begin to post them up.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:50 AM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by r34dy2walk
Just brought my car up to EPL today for a tune and plug change and so far im completely impressed by Tony's work ethics and his professionalism on the matter.

With all these posts regarding good tuners around the NE I figured I give EPL and Tony a try.

Again, completely impressed.

As I get the car back and see some numbers I'll begin to post them up.
Buddy while Tony's got the car apart to do plugs you gotta consider his 16/16g package....it rocks. Mark my words.....your gonna love his tune but the full package is incredible and this mod world is a slippery slope of upgrades so you will eventually be back for more anyway....

Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I've known Tony for a few years and he has always turned out impressive work. He is a great guy and a real car freak. You are in great hands with Tony and crew.....

Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 AM
I've got K24's in the car now.

No point going back to K16's. Just waiting on money for the 18G Upgrade

Old 08-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Thanks Phil.

We are here working on it now =).

Old 08-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Nice... Appreciate it Tony.

Just can't wait to get the car back and running like it should.

Just hoping I get it back sooner than later.
::crosses fingers::

Old 08-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Just wanted to update this before I close it.
Got the car back and it feels MUCHHHH better.

No hesitation, no misfires, nice SMOOTH curve.

Upsolute = Crap.

I'd like to thank Tony once again.
He totally took care of me.

Would definitely do business again once I get bored and my bank has some $$$.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Tony: Whatever happened to your plans to do an series of installs in Fremont CA? I wanted to come see and meet you and look at your product line, but never heard anymore about your planned visit in August. Did that fall thru? Are you still planning to come?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Tony: Whatever happened to your plans to do an series of installs in Fremont CA? I wanted to come see and meet you and look at your product line, but never heard anymore about your planned visit in August. Did that fall thru? Are you still planning to come?
Our whole travel schedule for the second half of 08 had to be reorganized.

Colorado - Next week
FL - 1st or 2nd week in Oct
CA/WA - 3rd week in Oct or 1st week in Nov

Most of our travels revolve around large projects that need actual on dyno tuning....As most of you know, projects dont always move along as planned. This often forces us to have to adjust our travel plans.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor

Upsolute = Crap.

Awesome to hear!! Glad your enjoying the car!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Beware....

Car tuned at EPL may result in more speeding tickets than wanted...

Got my first ticket after the tune. :P

Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Beware....

Car tuned at EPL may result in more speeding tickets than wanted...

Got my first ticket after the tune. :P
Ticket allready?.....that was fast. Was it radar or laser? Glad to hear you are enjoying the car now with Tony's special sauce added.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by TURBO ELECTRO
Ticket allready?.....that was fast. Was it radar or laser? Glad to hear you are enjoying the car now with Tony's special sauce added.
Guy didn't say and GF had my radar detector. It was like 3 AM with no traffic. Felt like the VW commercial they have on these days.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
riley6 is infamous around these parts

Upsolute = Crap.

Upsolute no good huh? Guess I should steer clear. Who makes the most powerful and most reasonable Flash/Chip?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
You should be looking at "reliable" and "competitively priced" rather than powerful and reasonable. What you are asking for is not necessarily what you want. There are tuners out there who can give you power...at the expense of your engine's health...and there are companies who sell cheap tunes compared to the competition.

For the money...right now UMW is running a special and he's got an excellent reputation for product reliability and support. This somehow doesn't seem right to be talking about another vendor on an EPL discussion. You should probably start another thread or use the search function...there's a lot written on the subject. Tony at EPL sells an excellent product.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car at EPL