996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics after "cosmetic" surgery.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:52 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
tom, she looks the part, nice job!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Tom,
Would you take some pictures of the grill that replaces the Bumperrette's in the rear? I have done something similar and may change it. Did you cut out the bumper? What mesh grill is that you have used?

Looks nice!

Ryan

Old 08-25-2008, 11:59 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Nice look Tom. If I ever see you in the RV mirror, I'll get out of your way!

Jon

Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
Tom you have ruined a perfectly decent stock X50. Along with that you have put miles on it and now with the GT2 front and wing you've managed to completely bastardize a formerly GREAT piece of fine German engineering.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!1

I love it. Absolutely love it.
Thanks again guys for all the positive feedback, not scared to here negative views or some constructive criticism if ya got any

Old 08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Tom,
Would you take some pictures of the grill that replaces the Bumperrette's in the rear? I have done something similar and may change it. Did you cut out the bumper? What mesh grill is that you have used?

Looks nice!

Ryan

cut it out, but remember I also removed the rear bumper and why the holes are there in the first place, that is what is behind the bumperettes

call ViperBob about the screen he custom fit it....

Old 08-25-2008, 05:15 PM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
Looks really good - love the "function over form" and it still looks bad ***!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:09 PM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
The car looks great. Love the look. Is that a carbon chin spoiler?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:32 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Looks pissed off and scary! Congratulations on the track beast.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:00 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
cut it out, but remember I also removed the rear bumper and why the holes are there in the first place, that is what is behind the bumperettes

call ViperBob about the screen he custom fit it....
I've done the same thing. I have both bumpers removed, and have stainless mesh over the holes now. I haven't cut the holes out yet though. Looks nice, and I'm going to look into it. Thanks for the lead.

Ryan

Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by thankful
The car looks great. Love the look. Is that a carbon chin spoiler?

yes

and thanks Khalid!!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
How is the fit and finish of the CF hood?
Any pics of the front Gt2 bumper install (want to see how the radiator/ducting was done)
Tom, the car looks amazing! I like the wing!.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by joyride
How is the fit and finish of the CF hood?
Any pics of the front Gt2 bumper install (want to see how the radiator/ducting was done)
Tom, the car looks amazing! I like the wing!.

fit was PERFECT!! dont have any real step by step on GT2 convert but it is not so simple call ViperBob 813-874-1911 he has done many and not too many people can say that!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Wow Tom,

You are officially 200 lbs lighter than I am!

MK

Old 08-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Wow Tom,

You are officially 200 lbs lighter than I am!

MK
compensates for the 200 extra hp you have!!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
looking good Tom
need more downforce even with that gigantic wing? lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics after "cosmetic" surgery.....