996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics after "cosmetic" surgery.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:12 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Harold, your car looks nicer no question. my car is to run guys at the track down with and will PCA club race later in the year.

It still pushes in the front and I am going to go back to a lighter sway bar and back off some of the dampeners.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, I appreciate them all!!
Where is it pushing, high or low speed, or both??

I think you'll need a little lead (ballast) in the trunk and a big flat splitter under the CF one. With that I think you'd be able to forget the dive plains, I think you can do more harm that good (I.E. Drag) with them without proper aero testing.

But other than that, looks mean, and nasty. Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Where is it pushing, high or low speed, or both??

I think you'll need a little lead (ballast) in the trunk and a big flat splitter under the CF one. With that I think you'd be able to forget the dive plains, I think you can do more harm that good (I.E. Drag) with them without proper aero testing.

But other than that, looks mean, and nasty. Cant wait to see what you do with it.
thanks, pushes in the low and medium speed corners.
since it is RWD went back to the original sway bar and backed the dampers off some. back to the track in several weeks so we'll see.
BTW will also be a Friday NIGHT DE!!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Tom the Porsche looks great. I truly love the specific race built project.
All comes together to the letter.
I love yellow (go figure).
btw I am an interventional radiologist.

Good luck with the car.

Ranger

Old 08-31-2008, 02:06 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
since it is RWD went back to the original sway bar and backed the dampers off some. back to the track in several weeks so we'll see.
Tom, did you think about stiffening the rear suspension up a bit with harder springs to loosen up the rear a bit round the slower corners, or getting softer spring rates up front? But almost seems counter intuitive given you now have that huge wing up rear that should add grip as speed increases. Truth be told I hate all this suspension stuff and adapt myself to work around my cars handling (given how slow I drive, doesn't make any difference to me anyway).

By the way, love the new avatar!!! That car i just sick!!!!

Last edited by Harold; 08-31-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:01 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Now that my left front corner is mangled, I'll be trying to decide on a course of action... I'm really not sure if I can swing a gt2 nose conversion right now with all the other stuff I need to do to wrap up the suspension...

Tom's car is certainly an inspiration to that end...

Mike

Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Ranger, thanks, hope to see ya at a Florida track soon!!

Harold, already did all that rear stiff, front now softened some and back to the track in two weeks.

Mike kept at it, you are my hero!! Hope to run together again soon!! congrats on smashing the car up great time to upgrade stuff!!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
JbbnTrejo is infamous around these parts
wow very nice!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 02:45 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
If it's pushing in medium and low speed corners, then aero isnt going to help as much. I'd still consider about 20-30 lbs of ballast right there in the front. Since it's very low and in front of the axles it will have the biggest effect with the least downside.

But be careful with it, in our car it's easy to go from understeer to mad oversteer, especially with your power levels and RWD.

Now that you've got most of the parts which is the easy part, the tough part, which is tuning everything to work together, is about to start.

Keep us updated.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
tom, you might consider the GT sways that are hollow and adjusted full loose. they are much more compliant that the H&R which I assume you are running. dialed out understeer and works for me. I am assuming you have adjustable lower GT with solid inserts ala rsr?

Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
or maybe try slight positive toe.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:13 AM
cko
cko is infamous around these parts
Beautiful. Purpose built for the track and still street-legal! (or at least the license plate is still attached.) I'm willing to bet that few other drivers would taunt you on the street - not if they had some grey-matter to work with.