996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Switzer 996/997 standalone - 850 rwhp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Not sure why my question was ignored, just curious, isn't this a PROEFI standalone???
Peter

Old 08-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by houstonT
Not sure why my question was ignored, just curious, isn't this a PROEFI standalone???
Peter
sorry for the confusion. it is a proefi box with custom tuning and calibration by switzer. so swtizer standalone meaning custom tuning by switzer, standalone box by proefi.

Last edited by dk996tt; 08-24-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
Tym Switzer is infamous around these parts
Stand alone... The engine management ecu that we are using is ProEFI... its integration, calibration, etc has been done by us. I imagine the people who keep referring to it as a "Switzer Stand Alone" are simply saying so in giving credit and reference to the work we have done to integrate it into this platform...likely because it has been such a daunting task. I'm pretty sure that we have posted elsewhere what backbone hardware we are using... if not, I have definately seen it posted by others.

Turbos... this car has seen about 1/2 a dozen turbo setups during all of the testing I have done. I made a post about it in the 997 thread, but suffice to say that with this being a stock engine from the intake ports down, and my limiting the redline to 7500-7800, I wanted to optimize the curve for the best balance of power and response for what David had asked me for. The 850 was just to make sure the turbos where doing everything they were supposed to. The actual goal for this setup is actually centered around optimizing pumpgas results.

Hope this helps... I know I'm terrible at keeping up with the forums... my apologies.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Tym
Congratulations! Remarkable numbers and I can't wait to see a project 996 turbo.
Robert

Old 08-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
Tym Switzer is infamous around these parts
850rwhp Dyno Pull...

Here's a link to a video clip of the dyno pull at 850...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jLsbjgbJkI

Old 08-24-2008, 02:44 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sweet, thanks for responding...this car, ESPECIALLY in AWD form, will be VERY hard to beat on the street.
Peter

Old 08-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Sweet, thanks for responding...this car, ESPECIALLY in AWD form, will be VERY hard to beat on the street.
Peter
So how long until you cross over to the darkside ?

Old 08-24-2008, 05:31 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^
I am still looking for some good things from Titan, so please don't keep us waiting to long!
Have a boosted day
Robert

Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
^^^^
I am still looking for some good things from Titan, so please don't keep us waiting to long!
Have a boosted day
Robert
We've been working on things for a few months, I came on full time 2 weeks ago to help speed the process up. So far the Tilton is done and we're searching for a good shell for race car now. Nero was at Switzers in Ohio on Friday and told me he was very impressed with everything he saw being worked on. We too are working on things daily and looking to improve on parts. If we wanted to copy existing parts using cheaper materials like some other shops, we would have a full product line out, but that's not what we're about. You'll be seeing the results of the hard work and colaboration with existing industry leaders soon enough.

In the meantime if you need something anything for your ATS clutch in the near future let me know, we are now their exclusive distributor of all Porsche products

Now back on topic about Tyms great accomplishments with this platform.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Wes, unfortunately, I'm too poor to play the P-car game. Everything has p-car tax! I think I'll stick to my 10 year old Supra for now, although one day a 2009 silver/black GT2 would be nice to have in the garage...

Peter

Old 08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Peter,

I estimate that for a while Tommy will not be charging the P-tax. Of course once his rep gets going in the P-Car community he will be as expensive as everyone else.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
Tym does some outstanding work...

Old 08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Sean, I'm not worried about the rates to have work performed or mods added, p-tax is more of a global phenomenon referring to the price of a 997TT (or GT2) plus the COST of all the parts I would want on the car. I'm just not quite there yet...
Peter

Old 08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Wes, unfortunately, I'm too poor to play the P-car game. Everything has p-car tax! I think I'll stick to my 10 year old Supra for now, although one day a 2009 silver/black GT2 would be nice to have in the garage...

Peter
Even though we all know you can afford one, you're a smart man for not replacing the Supra with one!! These cars are nice and VERY good looking cars, but IMO the Supra is a better all around car (Flame suit on)!!
Thats why I'm looking for another Supra as we speak to add to the stable.
Hopefully once my P-car is done the way I want it (hint hint Tym-still waiting on my quote!!), I will feel differently, but right now I miss the Supra!!

Tim

Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Sean
I think before you push Tommy's rep in the Porsche community, he needs to build a Porsche Turbo first. Just my 2 cents; however, before I take a 100,000 dollar car to a person who has never built a Porsche turbo motor (which a very complex and need special tools) I would be very careful. Tommy's has had his 996 Turbo for around a year, and thus far I dont think he has done any mods to that beauty as of yet??? Not trying to start any thing, just thinking out loud.
Have a boosted night
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer 996/997 standalone - 850 rwhp