996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HOT weather..Which Coolers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
HOT weather..Which Coolers?

The weather is almost 115F.

The car has stock K24 . headers , exhaust and Proto ECU...The car ran AWESOME!!!

Now the weather become really HOTTER and i start feel slower..I think i need a good intercoolers

I'm thinking to get Blownsix...What do u think?

Thanks

Old 08-24-2008, 05:22 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure any aftermarket will be an improvement to stock. I am experiencing the same issue over here in Phoenix. I plan on using Evoms intercoolers only because they are local to me, and I have seen this up close, quite a work of art.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
What are you seeing for intake air temps?

Have you logged them?

Old 08-24-2008, 05:31 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot say for sure but I want to say 180 degrees on the last dyno a few months ago. I would have to ask evoms to know for sure because we had this discussion.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by torresmd
I cannot say for sure but I want to say 180 degrees on the last dyno a few months ago. I would have to ask evoms to know for sure because we had this discussion.
Yikes, 180 is getting up there.

I rarely see over 140-145 on the dyno....and slightly lower one the street. This is with stock IC's.

We are testing IC's next week on a k24/18g equipped car.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:41 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i have the blown siix and they work great, however their customer service since then has realy goen down hill , if you do a search on here you will see for your self .

i would go with vivids , they are cheaper and are the same thing, and their customer service is excellent.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Bluecuda is infamous around these parts
Depends on how much you want to spend. My car has the Switzer intercoolers on it, and they seem to do a nice job in the heat and humidity up here in Ohio.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bluecuda
Depends on how much you want to spend. My car has the Switzer intercoolers on it, and they seem to do a nice job in the heat and humidity up here in Ohio.
Here in Florida it gets VERY hot, the Blown6 or Blown Clones appear to be a slight upgrade, whereas Switzers IC's offer a much thicker core for better cooling. If you're going to spend the money and time to do the upgrade I would go with a thicker core and larger hard piping like the Switzer and Proto kits offer.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
i have the blown siix and they work great, however their customer service since then has realy goen down hill , if you do a search on here you will see for your self .

i would go with vivids , they are cheaper and are the same thing, and their customer service is excellent.
Tried Vivids, they dont fit and not ready for prime time. Agree their company is top notch and they may have some out shortly but not now.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Switzer and Proto has huge size and huge price

Old 08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Yikes, 180 is getting up there.

I rarely see over 140-145 on the dyno....and slightly lower one the street. This is with stock IC's.

We are testing IC's next week on a k24/18g equipped car.
Yes I was told it was high, I wonder why it seems to be higher than usual for my car.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by torresmd
Yes I was told it was high, I wonder why it seems to be higher than usual for my car.

What was the fan set up like?

Its tough to tune with temps that high. The ecu steps in with ALOT of iat correction.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:19 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Kevin at UMW is working on a new design as well.

I suspect there is a reason that the Blown6 units are so much less than the Switzer and Proto units...

Mike

Old 08-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Tried Vivids, they dont fit and not ready for prime time. Agree their company is top notch and they may have some out shortly but not now.
U have vivid/AP I/C?...How do u like them?

Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Why not EVOMS, if you are in Arizona?
Blown Six seem like good product but flakey company (according to others).
Switzer and Protomotive are top notch (I have Proto, obviously 4.5" thick cores),
but expensive. I am sure UMW will be great but the wait could put years on your life.

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HOT weather..Which Coolers?