996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT exhaust flanges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:02 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
996TT exhaust flanges

I need a set of exhaust flanges for my car. I am going to be making a custom 3" cat to straight pipe system and need to start by finding the flanges. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I plan on using Vibrant Cats in 200 cell. Also looking for some youtube footage of TT with cat to straight pipes exhaust.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If your going to open the exhaust up why would you go backards and restrict it by putting on a 200 cell cat?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Not sure I understand the question, but I'm putting cats on to prevent CEL lights. My tuner won't offer a program to enable cat removal with out cats. I didn't think 200 cell was that much of a restriction, and was hoping it would take off a little cackle from the exhaust.

Any ideas?

thx,

Old 08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
So if I understand correctly, the CEL is when the 2nd set of o2 sensors pick up the factt that the Cat is gone. Does anyone know if the 2nd set of o2 sensors effect the mixture at all or is their sole purpose just the Cat Enforcement? I know GM and FORD guys are running MIL eliminators that basically wire in place of the o2's and emulate their presence to take care of the CEL.

Can anyone with knowledge of the ECU chime in?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Ryan, who is your tuner?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Motor Werks

Old 08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
Exhaust Flanges from RSS

Greetings TXGold,

We cut a variety of exhaust components for a long list of exhaust builders. All pieces are made here in our machine shop. We cut the flanges on our in-house water jet machine. We also sell quite a few O2 bungs.

Your price on the flanges would be $25 each.

Give me a call and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
Greg
714-545-1046

Old 08-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Great to know. Thanks Greg. I'll be in touch.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:24 PM
jgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura about
do you perhaps make the k16 3bolt inlet flanges?

Old 08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
the second set is is to make sure that the cat is working properly.. it does not control the mixture... if you plan in running a catless race exhaust you can have your programmer turn the downstream o2's off then you do not get the cel

tim

Originally Posted by adam699
So if I understand correctly, the CEL is when the 2nd set of o2 sensors pick up the factt that the Cat is gone. Does anyone know if the 2nd set of o2 sensors effect the mixture at all or is their sole purpose just the Cat Enforcement? I know GM and FORD guys are running MIL eliminators that basically wire in place of the o2's and emulate their presence to take care of the CEL.

Can anyone with knowledge of the ECU chime in?

Old 08-26-2008, 05:10 PM
They do have them JG. Give Greg a call, he's been a big help. I just ordered the flanges I needed and got some great advice to boot.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:53 PM
jgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura about
great sounds good, ill be giving him a call later this week, thanks again

Old 08-30-2008, 11:49 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
the second set is is to make sure that the cat is working properly.. it does not control the mixture... if you plan in running a catless race exhaust you can have your programmer turn the downstream o2's off then you do not get the cel

tim
I guess what I'm trying to figu out is if it's possible to turn the off without tapping into the ECU.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:57 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
not that im aware of... you can run without them but you will get a CEL

tim

Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
They do have them JG. Give Greg a call, he's been a big help. I just ordered the flanges I needed and got some great advice to boot.
I agree, real cool knowledgeable guy. I met Greg at RSS for the first time this Saturday after C&C, he was hard at work on a Saturday along with a few other folks. They're real busy over there. I went along with Turbo Mike and I got to walk around their huge facility and was pretty impressed with their manufacturing capabilities, projects they have going on, and the car collection onsite.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT exhaust flanges