996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ticket in New Jersey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
Ticket in New Jersey

I got a ticket in NJ but I have a NY License.

NY does not take any points by no means by any other state besides Ontario lol.

Should I just pay out the ticket and not worry about the hassle?

Ticket is for 120 in a 55. 3 in the morning with no traffic what so ever

Old 08-31-2008, 04:17 PM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Wow -120 in a 55. I guess NJ doesn't have a speeding above a certain point=reckless driving charge? What was the cop's attitude like?

Old 08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by ronole
Wow -120 in a 55. I guess NJ doesn't have a speeding above a certain point=reckless driving charge? What was the cop's attitude like?
He was fine but what you said didnt even remotely answer my question.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:22 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by r34dy2walk
I got a ticket in NJ but I have a NY License.

NY does not take any points by no means by any other state besides Ontario lol.

I wouldnt be to sure about that statement............. I think you get points anywhere in the Tri-State area which includes NY, NJ & CT. You should definately call a lawyer and double check before you do anything as you will loose your license if you just pay that ticket. At least google it or something lol

Old 08-31-2008, 05:27 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I was going to comment what happen when driving 120 in CA. Since it doesn't remotely answer your question, I held it back.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:07 PM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
MY 996: yeah, I wish I held back too.

R34: good luck. Hope it doesn't break the bank!!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by LiNks
I wouldnt be to sure about that statement............. I think you get points anywhere in the Tri-State area which includes NY, NJ & CT. You should definately call a lawyer and double check before you do anything as you will loose your license if you just pay that ticket. At least google it or something lol
NYS DMV told me they don't take out of state violations unless its a DUI / DWI related... seems credible to me.

Just curious what you guys would do in this situation.

So knowing they won't take out of state points, would you even bother to fight it?

Old 08-31-2008, 06:25 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I would go to court. Your insurance rate is going to jump.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
I would go to court. Your insurance rate is going to jump.
Can you tell me how you can justify what you said.
If there are no points or violations on my driving record, how is the insurance company going to increase my premium?

Old 08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I'm not a lawyer, but I would think that the ticket gets reported somewhere and that it would be easy for your insurance to get the info.

Call a traffic lawyer on Tuesday and see what they say.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
I'm not a lawyer, but I would think that the ticket gets reported somewhere and that it would be easy for your insurance to get the info.

Call a traffic lawyer on Tuesday and see what they say.
Any idea where it would get reported?
Insurance gets info from DMV driving records.
NYS doesn't hold anything for out of state.

So what exactly would they look up? I'm not trying to bash you, but I just need to know factual information, not a "hunch."

Old 08-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by r34dy2walk
NYS DMV told me they don't take out of state violations unless its a DUI / DWI related... seems credible to me.

Just curious what you guys would do in this situation.

So knowing they won't take out of state points, would you even bother to fight it?
Just a hunch. In your above post, you stated you were curious what people would do in your situation. If you stated you wanted facts, I would not have posted.

Like I said, I would call a lawyer and see what they say. Find it hard to believe that just because you live in NYS that you can get tickets anywhere else and not have any repercussions.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:06 PM
"If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.
If you do not respond to a ticket or fail to pay a fine for a moving violation that you committed in any state except Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin, the DMV suspends your NYS driver license until you respond to the ticket or pay the fine. If a driver from a state except these six states fails to respond to a traffic ticket issued in NYS, their driver license will be suspended until the driver responds to the traffic ticket in NYS.
Drivers from other states must contact the DMV in their home state to get information about the effect of a traffic violation conviction that occurs in NYS.
If you receive a conviction for an alcohol-related or drug-related driving violation in any state, your NYS driver license is revoked for at least six months."

What I got from the NYS DMV website.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#tickets

I guess scroll down till you find it if you want.
Even with this, you still think I should fight it?
Your opinions are still being considered.

The only reason I said I wanted facts is because I don't want random incidents that have nothing to do with my situation being posted. Obviously NYS is unique in that they refuse to take out of state violations so I was curious if anyone had a experience like mine.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:07 PM
b.t.w, i'm not the one who bolded certain parts of that. the DMV did. lol.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
wow! time for me to get a NYS license!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ticket in New Jersey