996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Could anyone tell me if this car is special or just a normal modded Turbo please ?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 AM
the_hump is infamous around these parts
Could anyone tell me if this car is special or just a normal modded Turbo please ?!?!

Hi all, I am a motor trader in the UK and have come across this pictured car to buy I have very little information about it and all i can tell you is ;

1 - 2000 996 Turbo
2 - Manual 6 speed
3 - The obvious extravegant bodykit
4 - Large wheels
5 - Very large maybe carbon ceramic brakes
6 - Large increase in power over stock 996 Turbo (Maybe 500-600bhp)
7 - Diffrent seats

What i need to know is if you could take a look at the attatched pictures and see if there is anything else you can tell me about it like who or why it has such a bodykit like that ? Is it a special limited model made by Porsche ?

Quite eager to know more about the car before i go ahead and purchase it, due to it being imported from Belgium no UK dealers can tell me alot about the car either.

Many thanks

Attached Images    
Old 09-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
That's just a normal modded turbo, not a special edition.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 AM
xdream is infamous around these parts
Didn't know that Porsche made a Turbo in 2000.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
I'm not wild about the front bumper, but it does have a badass widebody kit.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by xdream
Didn't know that Porsche made a Turbo in 2000.
Yes, in Europe

Old 09-06-2008, 08:30 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I somewhat remember reading something mentioned not to buy <=2000 996TT.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:46 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Europe alays releses their cars in the home market for 12 mos before export so yes, a UK 2000 us a USA 2001.

Like the car. 500BHP on theseis no big deal. Looks like more show than go on that basis. The really really hot cars seem to go immediately with MOTONS, Flash, Exhaust, and then clutch, fuel and a pair of BIG compressors. Big HP should be at minimum 600WHP otherwise it's just a K24 setup with a flash job which while quick, is nothing compared to what a custom tume + 24/16G's will do for you.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Too many 'maybe's in your post... These are not cars to be dabbling in. You are a 'motor trader'? So you are buying this to sell?

For all you know it was wrapped around a guard rail and they decided to throw a wideass body kit on it and find someone all 'wowed' with looks to unload it on.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:00 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
^^^^????^^^^????^^^^???^^^

Originally Posted by ard
Too many 'maybe's in your post... These are not cars to be dabbling in. You are a 'motor trader'? So you are buying this to sell?

For all you know it was wrapped around a guard rail and they decided to throw a wideass body kit on it and find someone all 'wowed' with looks to unload it on.
If you care about the price Porsche is not for you.

You like it you buy it.

SY

Old 09-07-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by ard

Thanks for your time and effort in looking everybody...

For one yes i am a 'motor trader' and do not 'dabble' as you put it and the 'maybes' are the reason I have come on here for peoples help, this forum was recomended buy 911UK forum who said you could help me in finding the maker of the bodykit or wheels due to the US being much more daring in the modding.

The car is being sold by a major uk finance company and was a repossesion so the car will come with no paperwork hence the 'Maybes' !!

All i wanted was more info off you guy's for when i come to sell it, 911UK has given me some good details just off those pictures and was really relying on you lot to indicate were the bodykit may have been produced and who by, would rather advertise the car ''RUF'' or ''Techart'' kit rather than unknown bodykit....hope you understand, not looking for buying advice...

Old 09-07-2008, 05:45 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Looks like it has GT3 seats, roll bar and 6pt harness. And with that huge wing my bet would be that it has been tracked extensively.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by the_hump
Thanks for your time and effort in looking everybody...

For one yes i am a 'motor trader' and do not 'dabble' as you put it and the 'maybes' are the reason I have come on here for peoples help, this forum was recomended buy 911UK forum who said you could help me in finding the maker of the bodykit or wheels due to the US being much more daring in the modding.

The car is being sold by a major uk finance company and was a repossesion so the car will come with no paperwork hence the 'Maybes' !!

All i wanted was more info off you guy's for when i come to sell it, 911UK has given me some good details just off those pictures and was really relying on you lot to indicate were the bodykit may have been produced and who by, would rather advertise the car ''RUF'' or ''Techart'' kit rather than unknown bodykit....hope you understand, not looking for buying advice...
Car (and bodykit) is not RUF, Techart, Strosek or any other known modifier to speak of. I would be weary of trading that car- the wide body etc may have been done after the car was beaten up pretty bad...

Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Harold
Car (and bodykit) is not RUF, Techart, Strosek or any other known modifier to speak of. I would be weary of trading that car- the wide body etc may have been done after the car was beaten up pretty bad...
Thankyou Harold thats all i needed to know.

Regards

Chris

Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 AM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Widebody kit looks good.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:37 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by the_hump

For one yes i am a 'motor trader' and do not 'dabble' as you put it and the 'maybes' are the reason I have come on here for peoples help,
You didn't know if there were ceramic brakes("maybe carbon ceramic brakes"), and you didn't know what the engine power was ("Maybe 500-600bhp")... these are both items that CANNOT be clarified on this board....

Have the replies so far nailed down the brakes and motor mods?

I was, perhaps, erroneously assuming that your casual and tentative description of the car was reflective of your specific knowledge of the 996TT in general.

Good luck with the deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Could anyone tell me if this car is special or just a normal modded Turbo please ?!?!