996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Calling Guys With FVD or Softronic Programming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello,

I would suggest that you send the DME to FVD if there is a problem.

You may want to unplug the cable from the car and the the lap top. Turn of the car and re boot the laptop and start over. The software is made to repair and fix any damage etc . Now should no progress be made with the tuned file past its failed area then try the original. Sometimes the Tuned file may be incorrect .

Best,
Scott Slauson
SOftronic

Last edited by Softronic; 09-17-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
At 4:30 PM on September 8th, my beloved ECU was pronounced dead

Services will be held this Friday, September 12th at 1:00 PM at the Chapel of Departed Horsepower, followed by a public viewing

In lieu of flowers, the grieving family is requesting donations so the car may one day come to life again

Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
NO!!!!!!!!! That sucks, big time. How did you find out it is dead? Do you know what happened? I really feel for you John, especially after the many months of decision regarding what software program to buy. This should not have happened.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:49 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
what ??? why ?? form the soft ?? please detail more !!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
On Monday, the FVD guy (Flo) and I tried to re-flash the ECU to both tuned and stock (we were on the phone, and the laptop was connected to Al Gore's internet so he could see what was going on).

Basically, the ECU had lost the VIN # because of the failure so the program wouldn't communicate with it anymore.

First of all, they have been really great about supporting me. They don't know what went wrong (we went over what I did in great detail and they don't have any reason to believe I did anything incorrectly). The previous generation cable had been an issue, but remotely he said the cable looked fine. Nonetheless, they want to do a post-mortem on the ECU and cable.

They gave me the choice of getting a new ECU already flashed (returning the old one) OR waiting and getting mine fixed and returned (please see the new thread I started on which is the better option). All on their nickel.

So at this time, I'm an understanding happy customer......just want to get the car back running. I was really emotionally teed-off over the weekend though waiting to see how bad it was fu-barred up.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Wow, that really sucks. Hope you get her running soon.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a "**** happens" situation and FVD is on top of it. It shouldn't matter which ECU you use. Keep up the good attitude John and keep us posted.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Since we are sitting home today waiting for that ***** hurricane Ike to wipe us out, I had time to install the new ECU. BIG TIME difference......of course anyone who has had a flash knows that.

Want to give big props to how FVD handled this. They over-nighted a new ECU from Germany, with no BS.....they took responsibility and took customer service very seriously

Now we'll see if I have a car left next week

Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 AM
That's great news John. LMK when you are ready for new turbos.