996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just Got My First Spanking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I also have a turbo S Cab and hope to see a GT-R soon. And the the GT-R will see my tail lights

Last edited by robertp; 09-09-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i cant wait till i run into one ....

Old 09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
If he timed the launch control right, you didn't stand much of a chance. Over 80 mph, I would imagine you would have him but from a start, I haven't been in many street cars that are quicker. 0-30 is the sweet spot for a GTR.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
This might sound weird.. but I raced my friends GTR a few times and didn't lose once.
We were even a couple times but for one I stayed ahead by a fender.
I only have intake and exhaust. I was using 109 octane that night but I'm not sure if that helps.
I'm sure he couldnt have screwed up since it's an auto.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:56 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I cant wait to race one too............ I dont want to do any more mods to my car until I race one.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
And the GTR is most likely not even broken in yet. Time for turbos upgrade.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:22 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I got you covered, I got lucky last night when one pulled up to me at a light, he got a beating and while I was giving him torqueies on the top end I was thinking of you. One must do these things for their Porsche brother.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:44 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I got you covered, I got lucky last night when one pulled up to me at a light, he got a beating and while I was giving him torqueies on the top end I was thinking of you. One must do these things for their Porsche brother.
I appreciate it bro.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:06 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Never race a car with similar performance when they get the jump on you - You said he jumped and you followed suit, the moment of momentum the other car will get will leave you back the entire time, it will always pull - had you an equal jump, the outcome would most likely have been somewhat different, maybe not a win, but definitely wouldn't have the length that it did - i have had to learn that the hard way

Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Could you tell if he used launch control? That is also a major advantage.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Good luck taking one from a dead stop. I ran one not too long ago. It was ugly and I'm making around 435 to the wheels. The launch control was amazing. No drama when he took off. The tires didn't even chirp. The shifting, forget about it. You can't even hear the engine pause during the gear changes. The car just kept going and going. My car is 2wd and a 6speed. I don't think it's possible to compete with all these electronic gizmos. Between launch control, awd, and the paddle shifters, that is going to be a very difficult car to beat in a drag race. HKS just released a simple bolt on kit that is bring the power to around 550 to the wheels so expext things to even more lopsided in their favor

Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I'm not so bummed that there's basically one non-exotic un-modded car on the road that can beat me. In a way, I'm glad that someone is pushing the envelope. But I'm only glad if the other factories follow suit to compete. If Nissan keeps the lead, I'll be disappointed.

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Could you tell if he used launch control? That is also a major advantage.
Honestly I have no idea, but I assume so.

Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Never race a car with similar performance when they get the jump on you - You said he jumped and you followed suit, the moment of momentum the other car will get will leave you back the entire time, it will always pull - had you an equal jump, the outcome would most likely have been somewhat different, maybe not a win, but definitely wouldn't have the length that it did - i have had to learn that the hard way
Yeah, I know. For every other car I've played with, I've almost always let them get a good jump on me. It's more fun when I smoke them. I guess that's a bad habit when you're up against a GT-R.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
Check this out and you might not feel so bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8

Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
you need to prime your turbos! if you pulling up after a leasurely drive your turbos are not primed and your ecu is in clog mode. a vw bug will hole shoot you..

Old 09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
You'll not likely win a drag race from a dig given the difficulty of the TT to launch vs computer controlled everything. But ECU/Exhaust on a Turbo S you should leave one way back, no need for new turbos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Got My First Spanking