996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Richard,

I can get it....I'll PM you rather than discuss it in this thread...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The Ypipes have been tested fitted to work with the stock box or our dual flow box with no issues. Feel free and post pictures so we can help you.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
As my engine is currently in 1000 pieces that is kinda difficult to do. Can you please post pics of a 996TT with your 3 inch Y pipe and this carbon airbox fitted as I am very sceptical that it fits. If you do I might order one, over to you Dan

Last edited by RCH; 12-22-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Ok I see it does can you send me your best Holiday offer shipped to Switzerland, free shipping would work. Can you in a few words describe how to get it in there

Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No problemo!

Back cover used is the same -

Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by RichardCH
Ok I see it does can you send me your best Holiday offer shipped to Switzerland, free shipping would work. Can you in a few words describe how to get it in there
YOu beat me to it. PM sent.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
How do you guys pass smog after you cut out all the stickers ?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
Must be a California thing.... Double tape it in place

Old 12-22-2011, 02:12 PM
RCH
Banned
tvm Dan, pls see my very latest PM

Old 12-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
Got it, on it! Thank you.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
You ever installed one of these on an Mashaw GT2 decklid ? If so, how difficult is it ?

Old 12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor
The carbon box to the stock intake box works, the left snorkel you will just need to use the hole template on the GT2 wing and add a rubber gaske as it should seal.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Does the rubber gasket you speak of come with the kit ? Just trying to understand

what is involved to make this work with my decklid, what parts will be need to sourced in addition to the kit etc.

Don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't work/fit.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by vividracing
The carbon box to the stock intake box works, the left snorkel you will just need to use the hole template on the GT2 wing and add a rubber gaske as it should seal.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor
The box fits with no issues at all. Please post a picture of your decklid open.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:20 PM
jdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JSBear
How do you guys pass smog after you cut out all the stickers ?
Great point! I wonder that myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!