996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
4 Instock and 4 shipping out. Pictures and instructions coming soon.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
John D... I want to ship yours OVERNIGHT Sat delivery. Please call me with your CC!

Old 09-19-2008, 05:22 PM
pcar993 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by torresmd
Why is it that the engineers at Porsche in Germany did not think of this. I mean it seems so obvious, like it would produce more air flow. Or maybe it really doesn't and it is just the K&N filter that increases the flow.
Im sure the engineers thought of it but for what the engine was designed for with the original intent, it was not needed to have dual snorkels. And plus by having one snorkel will lower the production cost. Im certain the engineers have a volume flow of what everything requires and our stock setups work well.

Last edited by pcar993; 09-19-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the call guys. All out the door!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vividracing
We used carbon for the look. We could be cheap and make a fiberglass version and paint it, but that is not what this product is about.
Am I reading correctly that you're saying this product is just about the look? I would be more interested in a black plastic version that matched the other snorkel and remainder of the box instead of. The function would be exactly the same, it would look like a factory Porsche piece, and the price would/should be considerably lower.

JH

Old 09-20-2008, 03:58 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Just cut an extra hole in the stock box and buy a snorkle if that is what you want.

Anyway, mine is on the way.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Dan, thanks for creating an economical version of what appears to be a very over priced item, just because it is porsche. One question. Do you plan on making a carbon replacement snorkel for the right side to match the new one so it all looks carbon? I like it.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Dan, I was wondering the same thing...can I send my other side in for a carbon overlay to match?

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Former Vendor
John - I think I have mine, but if you send me yours, I can have him wrap it in carbon. I hope you got yours. Please post pics of the install and everything completed.

Prche951 - I can do it as a custom thing for those that are interested.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 PM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Left Snorkel

Yeah if you want to save money, just cut a hole and buy the left snorkel. I sell them here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...7-p-52277.html

This is from one of my customers car.

Thanks Dan,
I just ordered one.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:14 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Yeah if you want to save money, just cut a hole and buy the left snorkel.
LOL thanks. I apparently overlooked that thread.

JH

Old 09-21-2008, 03:09 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Dan,

Here is a picture of the final result...I think it looks great - really upgrades the appearance of the engine compartment! Thanks for the quick turnaround on Friday. I appreciate it.

I'll post a smaller sized image and a larger one...

Last edited by John D; 09-22-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:59 AM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Looks great!

Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
john looks nice. any noticeable diff in performance?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Oak,

I was afraid of this question and I can not accurately answer it, as I installed our new Speedtech 70mm to 75mm Y-Pipe in conjunction with the air box. I did notice a slightly more mechanical engine noise, which sounded nice and I think that was attributed to the intake. As for power, the car runs much stronger now and there is noticeably more power in the mid range and top end, but I am not sure how much of this is air box and how much is larger Y-Pipe. Previously, I had a 70mm system that necked down ot 68mm at the Y-Pipe, just before the throttle body. I could not find a Y-Pipe that provided a 70mm inlet to 75mm exit for the larger throttle body that I have, so I designed one. It flows a lot more air, like some of the 700+HP custom builds and this was the test run for the Y-Pipe, too - so unfortunately, a direct report of the air box alone is impossible. The look of the air box is fantastic, really cool - the pictures do not do it justice. Now I know why WROSS likes his engine bay so much

Nce job, Dan!

Last edited by John D; 09-21-2008 at 11:08 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!